Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My first Williams Brice trip...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

My first Williams Brice trip...

Jan 22, 2020, 12:26 PM

was probably 30 years ago when I was in college. I went with this coot friend. I can't remember who they were playing (not Clemson). They were even worse then than they are now, and all I remember from that game is the bleachers were covered with bird droppings.

I've called it bird &%^* stadium ever since.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My first Williams Brice trip...

Jan 22, 2020, 12:34 PM

Bird flu stadium would be a better name because there are diseases there that no human should have and when you get them they apparently really screw up your life.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2020, 2:02 PM

That was chit from their mascot. Or it could have been chit left over from the previous season when we beat the chit out of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mine was around '92...

Jan 22, 2020, 2:08 PM

To watch FAMU and S.C. State play in some 'football classic' that a lot of HBCU schools do...

Didn't venture in to that $#*%hole again until 2015...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mine was in the coot student section, beside 'Frisky Frida'

Jan 22, 2020, 2:10 PM

6/10

would prolly do again

Oh, and the coots lost to UT, so it was definitely a happy ending.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Mine was in the coot student section, beside 'Frisky Frida'

Jan 22, 2020, 2:11 PM

I know Frida but I have only seen her near the parking lots.

I didn't know she ever made it into the games.

Re: Mine was in the coot student section, beside 'Frisky Frida'

Jan 23, 2020, 4:02 AM

I’ve only seen her in ports-jons....,,what I mean is from a distance...,when someone else opened the door on her and her paramour.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2020, 2:21 PM

My first visit to Williams-Brice was in 1965. I was a junior on the Clemson football team. Back then, the stands came all the way down to field level. Our dressing room was in one corner of the stadium where a majority of the SC students sat. Not being from SC, I had no idea of the hatred the SC students had for Clemson. I remember before we went out to the field, Coach Howard told us to keep our chin straps buckled and our heads down. As we went onto the field, we were showered with all kinds of trash from the SC students At half time we had to push & shove our way back into the dressing room. I was walking near Coach Howard, and I remember seeing one kid pushed his way to get to Coach Howard and spit on him. From that point on until this day I have nothing but loathing for that school and its fans

Jan 22, 2020, 7:13 PM

Impressive. Seems like they do have some traditions - being poor fans and treating others poorly! Hope we kicked their azzez that day!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2020, 2:31 PM

one and only time in'72.watched the jv tigers play.can't remember the outcome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 22, 2020, 3:15 PM

My first game there somebody won by 63-17.

And I got a Coke at the concession stand and immediately threw it down...tasted like doo-doo ice...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2020, 7:15 PM

You handle is out of date! Check with BMeist to move forward to ThreeNats!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2020, 3:21 PM

My one & only trip to the Roach was in 1989, when they hosted FSU. An army buddy of mine was a Noles fan, so we drove down from Ft. Bragg.

We snuck down to the 2nd row to hit on FSU cheerleaders (Hawt!). 59-0 FSU.

Jan 22, 2020, 7:03 PM

Unfortunately I had to go 3 times, not by choice in '65,'66 and '67. Haven't been back since and I sure as he77 want go back.

Jan 22, 2020, 7:04 PM

Mine was in '69... Coach Howard's last game...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mine was the 45-0 game***

Jan 22, 2020, 7:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2020, 7:23 PM

Was October 23, 1976 as a youngster, invited by a friend. Coots were playing ND and it just happened that President Gerald Ford visited the game. We actually had seats on the 50 yard line and President Ford walked up the stands and was lucky enough to shake my young hand.

What a memory it must have been for him!

Coots lost 13-6 :)

Go Tigers!!!

My last trip to the roach was in the summer of ‘82

Jan 22, 2020, 7:52 PM

And I marked it for us ??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2020, 8:07 PM

I went the year we lost at UofSC with so much talent, Tajh, Sammy, nuke, Ellington, etc... It was one of the worst game experiences. Everyone we past was talking junk to us as we were leaving. I was a sophomore in college and remember some 70 year old coot cursing and acting like he wanted some as I was leaving. The only good thing was this nice coot woman shared her crown royal mini bottle with us bc she felt bad that everyone was being so obnoxious.........First time and last time in that $hit hole for me.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The concession crew harvests it all later for the ice makers***

Jan 13, 2021, 9:23 AM

Jan 22, 2020, 9:13 PM

My coot uncle carried me as a young lad a few times, probably late 70’s to non Clemson games. I went to several rivalry games after that as I got older. My last one was the 42 (whatever) to 0 blowout by Danny Boy and Co. I have no desire to return to that cesspool! I hate having to drive near it in my travels.

Jan 22, 2020, 10:30 PM

My first trip was a 1969 or 1970 game against VPI. My brother was attending usuc. I had been going to Clemson with family as I grew up.

I remember walking in and thinking WTH ? Night game and walked all the way back past the horseshoe to his place. Even then, kinda sketchy.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'77- Fuller to Butler... Night I became a Clemson fan....***

Jan 23, 2020, 12:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2020, 6:18 AM

My mom drove a car full of young Boy Scouts to Carolina stadium in 1959 from Rock Hill. Back then you could get in for free if you wore your BSA uniform. SC beat NC that day. Since then I've witnessed our loss my Sr. year at Clemson in 1969. I've also witnessed our win there in 1981, our 63-17 win, and the miracle comeback by Charlie Whitehurst. I have no desire to return.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic