Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My guess on Vic Beasley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 3,263

My guess on Vic Beasley

Jan 11, 2014, 1:47 AM

He buys insurance and comes back next year

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: My guess on Vic Beasley

Jan 11, 2014, 2:22 AM

he has four more days to make up his mind.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My guess on Vic Beasley

Jan 11, 2014, 7:37 AM

He recommends insurance for opposing quarterbacks and comes back!

Jan 11, 2014, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: My guess on Vic Beasley ]

He's making up his mind in a couple hours. My take on this is he's leaning towards staying now. He doesn't want to leave any regrets by leaving early.

Jan 11, 2014, 7:49 AM

I hope he does come back. I see another year giving him more strength, good weight and I doubt his quickness suffers at all. I am selfish, and I am good with whatever decision he makes. I think he is a great young man and a very gifted FB player.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2014, 9:04 AM

I get it when it comes to financials in declaring for the NFL draft; for both the player and their family. I also understand factoring in the possibility of suffering an injury that could end a football career or severely drop their draft status. Not to mention all the intangibles and personal issues that go into the decision process, but one HUGE item that rarely gets a storyline is the benefit of having a degree from Clemson that comes with staying and graduating...and that they'll have long after the nightlights and highlight reels if they're that good and lucky enough to stay healthy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2014, 2:55 PM

So well said, and absolutely should be an important factor in his decision. Of course lots of guys say they will come back and finish, but I wonder just how many do. Long after the limelight has passed his degree from Clemson will be forever an asset he can rely on. Also, the support staff to facilitate the studying and the structure that makes it easier to stay focused on academics never will be better than right now. All factors need to be considered.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vic wants to be a pastor

Jan 11, 2014, 3:20 PM

I'm sure getting his degree is important too him, but depending on the type of church, a degree may or may not have the same importance (at least right away) in his eyes as it would if he were interested in another profession.

Re: Vic wants to be a pastor

Jan 11, 2014, 6:24 PM

I wasn't aware of that, and I see your points. The importance of a degree, however still is an important accomplishment for pastors, too. Very many denominations require a degree prior to Seminary, and the accomplishment is significant, no matter what his ultimate profession.

Replies: 8
| visibility 3,263
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic