Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A caller said on Mickey's show this a.m. that Flowe
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

A caller said on Mickey's show this a.m. that Flowe

Dec 16, 2019, 8:34 AM

posted a video on his Instagram where he shouted "F#@k Clemson!"

I'm guessing that should pretty much seal it, if true.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

that's okay...

Dec 16, 2019, 8:35 AM

we didn't really want him anyway

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be honest, he was overrated

Dec 16, 2019, 8:36 AM

and I doubt he would've even gotten accepted. Not to mention the off the field stuff. He would've been a disruption in the locker room. Plus, whoever he picks obviously cheated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: To be honest, he was overrated

Dec 16, 2019, 8:37 AM

Don't forget that his handlers wanted money too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's true. I think we dodged a bullet with this one

Dec 16, 2019, 8:42 AM

he can be someone else's headache for a while.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Dec 16, 2019, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: To be honest, he was overrated ]

I agree! The film that I saw on him where plays where he wasn’t blocked and blew up a ball carrier.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2019, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: To be honest, he was overrated ]

He wasn't getting paid...

Dec 16, 2019, 8:50 AM [ in reply to To be honest, he was overrated ]

????????

While all that is true, the real killer for missed recruit Is that

Dec 16, 2019, 11:25 AM [ in reply to To be honest, he was overrated ]

He clearly is afraid to play with the big boys in the acc atlantic. I don't blame him, he doesn't have acc speed or physicality.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Probably wouldn't even make our 2-deep for several

Dec 16, 2019, 11:33 AM

years. He'd be more of a project than an early contributor.

Re: that's okay...

Dec 16, 2019, 8:36 AM [ in reply to that's okay... ]

Exactly.

Dec 16, 2019, 8:41 AM

Does this mean he has changed his mind ??

It had been reported many times on TNET that he was a ""LOCK"" --

how can a kid go against all that ???

Just can't trust these younger generation kids !!!!!!

Dec 16, 2019, 8:45 AM

All I know is that if he really said that that I am glad he changed course.

Dec 16, 2019, 10:04 AM [ in reply to that's okay... ]

Aesop knew this would happen when he wrote The fox and grapes. When the fox tried and tried to get the grapes and couldnt, he finally said I didn't want the grapes anyway.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2019, 2:48 PM [ in reply to that's okay... ]

I heard we pulled the offer and why he reacted like that.

This staff doesn’t seem to screw around with all

Dec 16, 2019, 8:40 AM

The shameless, unadulterated flattery, worship and bs these guys are used to getting so when they do have a line drawn for them sometimes kids can’t handle it. I do love the way they seem to handle recruiting and we should be thankful

Re: A caller said on Mickey's show this a.m. that Flowe

If true. Important qualifier.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know if that happened or not but...

some service now have him trending to Oregon based, at least in part, on Clemson getting a commitment from Trenton Simpson on Saturday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I don't know if that happened or not but...

Dec 16, 2019, 8:46 AM

Obviously Simpson isn't why Flowe changed his mind. They would have played at the same time.

I was thinking about it more from a...

Dec 16, 2019, 8:49 AM

numbers perspective rather than a position standpoint.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

yes...

Dec 16, 2019, 8:51 AM

the scenario I stated below would explain a possible expletive-laced rant against Clemson by Flowe, if he indeed said it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

although Flowe and Simpson play a different position...

Dec 16, 2019, 8:47 AM [ in reply to I don't know if that happened or not but... ]

scholarship numbers come into play. It is quite possible that Flowe would not commit and when the staff secured Simpson, they told Flowe there was no longer a scholarship for him.

Re: although Flowe and Simpson play a different position...

Dec 16, 2019, 8:57 AM

These are all kids...let Dabo get 3&4 stars with great attitudes and they will be all 5 star plus by their soph season...a famous philosopher once said "don't sweat the petty stuff & don't pet the sweaty stuff"... the Clemson coaching staff has done a good job of picking great ones and most of them didn't start out as a constellation, just small solar systems! Good coaching can make the difference..just look at Dumbo Fishnet at Texas A&M more five stars than the whole ACC and he still can't win even with 7.5m$/yr...ain't life grand!

Dec 16, 2019, 9:03 AM [ in reply to although Flowe and Simpson play a different position... ]

We would probably still take him as a preferred walk-on though if he promised to control the potty mouth. :)

Remember this from the spring?

Dec 16, 2019, 9:40 AM [ in reply to although Flowe and Simpson play a different position... ]

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/no-room-for-5-stars-clemson-reportedly-tells-top-2020-prospect-from-tennessee-to-look-elsewhere/

It's a different world in recruiting now. Every recruiting cycle there seems to be a few who enjoy the hype and drama of keeping the world waiting with bated breath. Still hard for me to believe we're at a level where we can turn away 5 stars. Whether Flowe or Burch choose us or not, still a great time to be a Tiger!

Dec 16, 2019, 9:47 AM [ in reply to although Flowe and Simpson play a different position... ]

I am not sure why so many on here freak out when another Tnetter posts what he heard on our flagship station’s morning show. He wasn’t advocating that Flowe is taking cash, or isn’t talented; he was just simply stating what he heard on the radio. I was listening this morning and heard the same comments. Some additional things Mickey said, which he admits are some speculation;
1) Flowe has strong west coast ties and extended family pressuring him to stay at home.
2) During Flowe’s On campus visit there was some player feedback that he may not be a good cultural fit with our program. Not a bad guy, but was described as brash.
3)Flowe wouldn’t pull the trigger on a commitment or give the staff a strong indication of a future commitment, even after BV went to the west coast for an in home visit.
4)On the other hand, Simpson wanted to be a tiger in the biggest way, even had his mom pay for a ticket to the ACC championship game which he attended decked out in Clemson attire; even without a formal offer on the table.
5)Simpson is a highly rated 5 star, with comparisons to Vic Beasley so the staff wasn’t settling on a much lower level recruit.

Mickey speculates that CU went with the player that really wanted to be here vs the one that was continuing to be non-committal. There were no knocks on Flowe’s talent level; as he obviously deserves the recruiting ranking he has. At the end of the day CU isn’t a good fit for everyone and the thought is the staff offered the next best guy we could get who was definitely All In.

Re: I don't know if that happened or not but...

Dec 16, 2019, 11:54 AM [ in reply to I don't know if that happened or not but... ]

^^^this is exactly what happened. We took the other LB this weekend and are no longer recruiting J Flow.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if true, sounds to me that Flowe is not of the character we

Dec 16, 2019, 8:51 AM

want at Clemson. Welcome Simpson!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2019, 8:57 AM

Link?

I don't have one. Just repeating what the caller said

Dec 16, 2019, 9:07 AM

on Mickey's show. Listened to it while driving into work.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

Re: I don't have one. Just repeating what the caller said

Dec 16, 2019, 9:08 AM

Except a caller didn't say that. Mickey read a text.

Sorry, texter then.***

Dec 16, 2019, 9:32 AM

Dec 16, 2019, 10:08 AM [ in reply to I don't have one. Just repeating what the caller said ]

I just checked his Instagram, nothing of the sort on there.

Nothing on his Twitter either.

I call bs

Dec 17, 2019, 1:16 PM

You're not going to find it on Flowe's social media it was on a USC (our USC, the West Coast one) player's IG live stream. The player is Chris Steele, famous for being a USC commit that signed with Florida and enrolled there for spring ball, then his roomie was accused of bad things and Steele was able to transfer with no penalty. He signed FinAid papers at Oregon, then at the last second went to USC.

Anyway, he and Flowe were together at USC during Flowe's official visit. On the IG story Steele went to trash talk Clemson and Oregon with Flowe joining in. I'm not sure of all the details and who said what, but apparently it was all positive USC things. Oregon fans saw the live stream because some still follow Steele.

Before that we were getting pretty confident it was looking good for Oregon, but now we're thinking that the "USC family" that are friends of the program *paid* a visit ;) as they tend to do around this time of year.

Didn't see that, but he is wearing an Southern Cal hoodie***

Dec 16, 2019, 9:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2019, 9:07 AM

Cut it with the "he was overrated" or "we really didn't want him" BS. Statements like that are absolutely ridiculous and frankly "cootish". Flowe is a generational LB coming out of HS. NFL scouts are already watching him. He's a big time difference maker and we'd be fortunate to have him on our team. So don't try to make yourself feel better if he decides to go another direction.

Dec 16, 2019, 9:09 AM

Exactly! A picture says a 1000 words

Dec 16, 2019, 9:13 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2019, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: A caller said on Mickey's show this a.m. that Flowe ]

Pretty sure they were throwing out all the excuses you hear when something like this happens with a touch of irony. You really couldn't tell when they used every example in the book in one post?

My guess is you usually miss the whole sarcasim thing.***

Dec 16, 2019, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: A caller said on Mickey's show this a.m. that Flowe ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

If true, we dont want someone who acts that...

Dec 16, 2019, 9:21 AM

Way anyway.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He tried to F us.

Dec 16, 2019, 9:23 AM

He'll regret it the rest of his life.

Starting next year.

I'm not up to date on the Tweeties and Insta posts...

Dec 16, 2019, 9:31 AM

But when I got on Ask Jeeves and googled it, I didn't see it. He must've taken it down if it is true.

Hey GUYS..calm down & realize that caller &/or social media lie!

Dec 16, 2019, 9:35 AM

Saying..be patient & the truth will come out sooner than later.

Go TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey GUYS..calm down & realize that caller &/or social media lie!

Dec 16, 2019, 10:34 AM

First I learn that everything on the internet isn’t true. Now callers and social media? ??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2019, 9:35 AM

Not seeing any video like that on his account and in fact he still has a video of his tour of our football facility and is very complimentary to us in it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2019, 9:37 AM

Rumors unless someone can show the video. Until then everyone needs to chill.

I of course don’t know what’s going to happen but this kid can play. I hope he comes to Clemson.

Dec 16, 2019, 9:37 AM

Just checked and I didn't see or hear anything like that. I still think we get him and there's just a lot of smoke being blown for Oregon. Either way they kid is a headhunter and may take a min to adjust to CBV still of defense, but he definitely isn't overrated.

Dec 16, 2019, 9:40 AM

After David Hood said he was no longer following his recruitment I took that to mean he isn't coming, but we'll see.

^^^ This ^^^ ... Hood knows stuff. ***

Dec 17, 2019, 1:25 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2019, 9:44 AM

You left out the middle part which was " ... I can't wait to get to ... "

DB23

Sould be easy enough to find. Post a link for us

Dec 16, 2019, 9:47 AM

or just repeat made up bullship

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sould be easy enough to find. Post a link for us

Dec 16, 2019, 10:05 AM

I looked him up on Instagram and there is nothing on there about this. Of course he could’ve deleted it but it’s not there currently

Re: Sould be easy enough to find. Post a link for us

Dec 17, 2019, 1:39 PM

It was never on his Instagram. It was on Chris Steele's instagram live feed when they were together.

Dec 16, 2019, 10:52 AM

Looked all over Flowe's Instagram site. There is not a post like that on his site. How about a link? Yeah, didn't think so.

This thread started with such promising, quality

Dec 16, 2019, 11:47 AM

Sarcasm...and before midway in, posers started gettin' all serious. Stop, already...get back to the sarcasm...much more fun!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe someone asked him about the coots

Dec 16, 2019, 11:44 AM

And he said.... Fu(& that! Clemson all the way baby!

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic