Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Georgia Tech..........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Georgia Tech..........

Oct 19, 2020, 1:06 AM

..........I'm 70 years old and remember all the whippings we got in Atlanta during the Frank Howard era, and so Saturday's game was especially good for me, I wish it had been 80+. They looked down their noses at us and wouldn't play over here every game had to be in Atlanta. Johnny Gresham and Lenny Snow ran all over us. So Saturday was wonderful for me............

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Georgia Tech..........

Oct 19, 2020, 1:12 AM

Me too, if we had really tried we could have hit 110-120 not trying to hard. Dabo would never do that but I was surprised he let it get to 73.

I know we had all our reserves in but our 1st string had wore them out. We could have named the score for sure!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dominance over GT will not end for the forseeable future...

Oct 19, 2020, 1:20 AM

...I wonder if GT has not fallen into the category of one of those programs like Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Northwestern, Maryland and others that simply can't be revived due to lack of interest, money and the presence of other highly successful programs nearby. If you look at GT's stadium, the "historic" Grant Field, it doesn't have the look of a big time program. It looks rather like The Stadium that Time Forgot. As GT's Front Porch, it's not a good look....

Re: Dominance over GT will not end for the forseeable future...

Oct 19, 2020, 1:24 AM

Yes and instead of adding seats and growing they actually took some seats out!

Bobby Dodd Stadium is just plain ugly.....

Oct 19, 2020, 1:27 AM

...made over from leftover parts from other stadiums, I simply don't understand the design.....

In terms od design, how does one explain this?

Oct 19, 2020, 1:37 AM

Re: In terms od design, how does one explain this?

Oct 19, 2020, 7:38 AM

A Georgia Tech Civil Engineering Degree?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Bobby Dodd Stadium is just plain ugly.....

Oct 19, 2020, 6:38 AM [ in reply to Bobby Dodd Stadium is just plain ugly..... ]

Bobby Dodd Stadium remains the oldest currently used college football field in the country. The seating around the field has been changed many times. As far as I know, that field has always been in one of the ugliest, quirkiest stadiums ever built. I only go back 60 years or so in actually going to Bobby Dodd and my earliest memories are of sitting behind a column that held up the upper deck AND blocked my view of the field. The stadium remains today a reflection of the nerdy,oddly dressed, quirky, 'not quite right' average students who attend Ga Tech.

The main building at GT is a nice looking red brick construction from the 19th Century to which some odd fellow felt the need to add four neon sides to the spire reading "TECH". Imagine the US Capitol with "CAPITOL" in neon on four sides of the dome. Or the Empire State Building with the word "Tall" glowing on four sides near the top.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Historic Grant Field would look better as Sherman Field.

Oct 19, 2020, 6:21 AM [ in reply to Dominance over GT will not end for the forseeable future... ]

Burn it to the ground and rebuild a new one. The current stadium sucks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aren’t they going to start playing some of the bigger

Oct 19, 2020, 6:34 AM [ in reply to Dominance over GT will not end for the forseeable future... ]

Games in the Georgia Dome? I would think that would help recruiting a little even though it’s not their “home field” technically.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why, so opposing teams can get more of their fans there?***

Oct 19, 2020, 6:37 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Aren’t they going to start playing some of the bigger

Oct 19, 2020, 7:09 AM [ in reply to Aren’t they going to start playing some of the bigger ]

Where is the Georgia Dome?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Supposed to be 5 games from 2020-2025

Oct 19, 2020, 6:39 AM [ in reply to Dominance over GT will not end for the forseeable future... ]

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26086173/georgia-tech-play-5-games-mercedes-benz

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Partner, you know you loved going to Atlanta every year and

Oct 19, 2020, 6:25 AM

buying a flower from the Moonies!

My favorite part of the stadium is being stuck in the corner

Oct 19, 2020, 6:52 AM

and having to turn 90 degrees and look at the side of head of the person sitting next to you the whole game. The stadium is a dump and The Varsity sucks....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic