Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My family is close friends with the replay official from...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

My family is close friends with the replay official from...

Dec 27, 2020, 12:42 PM

the Clemson/OSU game last year. He told us over the summer at a cook out that the fumble/TD they overturned last year was actually a fumble. Apparently Ryan Day is not popular amongst officials and he was getting a little payback for something he said earlier in the season. We had a good laugh about that. He went on to say how much they liked Dabo and how our fans are class acts. It was nice to hear this from an official.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: My family is close friends with the replay official from...

Dec 27, 2020, 12:45 PM

I hope nobody takes this post seriously. (If you don't, it is quite funny.)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 12:46 PM

It’s already reposted at Elven Worriers. There’s also an article about it with over 500 comments.

Hook, Line, and Sinker.
They are like cats with a laser pointer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 27, 2020, 4:04 PM

hope they see mine below! :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Dec 27, 2020, 7:55 PM [ in reply to Re: My family is close friends with the replay official from... ]

Bret, you’re going to pass me in points soon. With 1/4 the number of posts. I would be embarrassed, but then I have to remind myself of the class level of the average Tigernet poster.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 8:04 PM

Nah, they're just feeling sorry for a poor, misguided Nole fan. It's pity votes.

^ ^ ^ ^ SERIOUS (and TRUE) POTD ^ ^ ^ ^***

Dec 28, 2020, 2:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Cool story bro.

Dec 27, 2020, 12:48 PM

Take this post down now.***

Dec 27, 2020, 2:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Cool story bro.

Dec 28, 2020, 7:20 AM [ in reply to Cool story bro. ]

no personal attacks

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not true, all replays are outsourced to India***

Dec 27, 2020, 12:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: not true, all replays are outsourced to India***

Dec 27, 2020, 1:12 PM

Yes yes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 1:29 PM

be nice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 27, 2020, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Re: not true, all replays are outsourced to India*** ]

might explain the need for double replays in the 1st domer game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 27, 2020, 12:52 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 1:00 PM

Another nice thing about that is the NFO (National Fraternity of Officials) is a tight-knit group and they always share their opinions about high profile teams.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 1:02 PM

I have heard that a number of the NCAA replay officials have followed Dabo and his program. So much so that some of them are covert IPTAY members- paying their dues through friends and neighbors to not show favoritism. Also, they have access to a bank account that Newspring set up. True story

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 1:35 PM

believeable,because i heard they were also responsible for TL's and ET's TDs,not to mention field's 3 int's.

null

Dec 27, 2020, 1:04 PM

I always enjoy FMs's posts, and he is serious at times, but you better have your JK radar on full before you read. Sadly, some people don't have JK radar or believe there is no place for jocularity on such a prestigious site.

So for clarity, this is one of his serious post, right?

Dec 27, 2020, 1:05 PM

~JKB

Dec 27, 2020, 1:11 PM

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

My mom actually dates a lot of referees

Dec 27, 2020, 1:26 PM

She said that it is well known in the officiating circles that Clemson players are polite, and compliment the refs on their looks when they hand them the ball after scoring a touchdown. Simple common courtesies like that go a long way.

Re: My mom actually dates a lot of referees

Dec 27, 2020, 1:40 PM

have always taught my children that please and thank you go a long way,and as my mom would always say:"you attract more bees with sugar than you do with vinegar".

null

Re: My mom actually dates a lot of referees

Dec 27, 2020, 1:40 PM [ in reply to My mom actually dates a lot of referees ]

have always taught my children that please and thank you go a long way,and as my mom would always say:"you attract more bees with sugar than you do with vinegar".

null

Those stripes aren’t ref stripes****

Dec 27, 2020, 3:04 PM [ in reply to My mom actually dates a lot of referees ]

NM.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She probably has info on local motorcycle clubs as well.***

Dec 27, 2020, 5:40 PM [ in reply to My mom actually dates a lot of referees ]

True, she works as a waitress at Shooterz Saloon in Shelby NC

Dec 27, 2020, 5:50 PM

and they get a pretty steady influx of motorcycle enthusiasts and truckers. If you are ever in the mood to have a couple of cold ones and ride a mechanical bull, this is the best place in Cleveland County.

Trollooolooololololo

Dec 27, 2020, 1:29 PM

Message was edited by: morbidtiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We probably know the same guy...

Dec 27, 2020, 4:01 PM

He was telling me, over the summer as well, that Urban had "heart" issues because of something he had done to the referees up there - and was found out. Urban knew he was about to bring down the thunder on his team so he got out and made it easier on them.

Few other things, too. One thing is that it has been rumored that ol' Woody Hayes took another swing at Clemson staff member after the game.

what a bunch of losers.

SIRIOUSLY

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Dec 27, 2020, 5:56 PM

I thought I read somewhere that the replay official's son had recently applied for an FCA internship at Newspring. Apparently spreading the Word with the Clemson football team is highly competitive these days. Lol

I’m sorry...

Dec 27, 2020, 6:04 PM

I don’t follow?

Re: I’m sorry...

Dec 27, 2020, 7:00 PM

Fumble ruled incomplete so son can have a "paid" internship with Clemson football team at Newspring. I pooped out my mouth since you did too.

Our family friend has two girls...

Dec 27, 2020, 7:02 PM

28 and 31.

Maybe there are 2 or 3 replay officials (or however many is

Dec 28, 2020, 2:26 PM

needed for leghumpernutnecklace's story to be "true") and maybe that's why you don't know about the son of one of them ?

Ever think of that, hick from Northwestern SC ? ? ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Dec 27, 2020, 6:43 PM

This is some Class A trolling right here.

Dec 27, 2020, 7:03 PM

User Logo
Francis Marion®
Ring of Honor [79207]
TigerPulse: 100%
My family is close friends with the replay official from... emoji_events [25]
Posted: Dec 27, 2020, 12:42 PM

the Clemson/OSU game last year. He told us over the summer at a cook out that the fumble/TD they overturned last year was actually a fumble. Apparently Ryan Day is not popular amongst officials and he was getting a little payback for something he said earlier in the season. We had a good laugh about that. He went on to say how much they liked Dabo and how our fans are class acts. It was nice to hear this from an official.

no offense but that is total. bullsh!t.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 7:06 PM

Not that it madders in this case, but I don't think FM is offended by bullshit.

HTH alot

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I was at that party

Dec 27, 2020, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Re: My family is close friends with the replay official from... ]

he is telling the truth.

This post wasn’t meant to upset you...

Dec 27, 2020, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: My family is close friends with the replay official from... ]

just trying to share a little insight most others don’t have access to.

Could you help me with my taxes?

Dec 27, 2020, 11:28 PM [ in reply to Re: My family is close friends with the replay official from... ]

Is your nickname whiff? Nothing gets by you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dec 27, 2020, 7:35 PM

Can confirm my sources are saying the same. Coach Ryan day has some on field issues with most of the big 10 officials too.

Dec 27, 2020, 7:59 PM

I’m guessing an OSU fan voted this down. Either that or someone without a sense of humor.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 8:02 PM

who do we know that is like that?

Oh boy.***

Dec 28, 2020, 8:52 AM

No fumble, and he did not have a fb play of 3 steps, as he

Dec 27, 2020, 8:04 PM

was pushed backwards out of bounds. It would have been a fumble, if he had made progress on the play, of at least 3 steps.

I wish that were true.***

Dec 28, 2020, 1:25 PM

Dec 27, 2020, 9:21 PM

Yea, he told me he has been assigned to our game Friday too.. Sure am glad. I cooked him a tomahawk steak after he told me that.

The Farce is strong with this one.

Dec 27, 2020, 9:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now that’s interesting, especially considering what happened

Dec 27, 2020, 11:08 PM

over the holidays. My family and I went to visit my uncle and his family in Texas. Every year he throws a big holiday soirée at his ranch near Dallas. Tons of people. Some family, but mostly his friends and business associates from all over the state. Beer, booze, and barbecue. It’s a great time.

Long story short: I found myself talking to this very nice gentleman. He asked where I was from, I told him South Carolina. That’s when it got weird.

“Clemson fan?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Think you’ll cover next Friday?”

“Tough to say. Ohio State is a great team, bluest of the blue bloods. They recruit like beasts. Ryan Day is a great coach. They’ve won eight national cham-“

And he clinked his glass against mine, sort of like making a toast, but it felt more like he was telling me to shut up, so I did.

“Clemson will cover.”

I swear he winked. Then he smiled and said, “Good luck with Bama,” and patted me on the shoulder as he walked off.

My aunt told me later the guy works in the Big XII office in some capacity.

Hmmm ....

Dec 28, 2020, 7:37 AM

Tell the truth, we’ve been hanging on to a “get a call” from Ohio State since we “let it go” when Woody Hayes punched Charlie Bowman & went Bezerk in the locker room. He was going to be arrested for assault & Danny Ford made a “get a call” we’ve been hanging on for years.

This was never supposed to come out but the cat is out of the bag. It’s not like fixing a game or anything, we saved Ohio State’s butt on this one but it cost them last year.

We still have one left.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dec 28, 2020, 9:45 AM

Since the cat's out of the bag you may as well know. Justyn Ross has been cleared for one play in the OSU game. The play called will be the same one as the "fumble" with Ross being in the end zone and the B12 refs have already committed to call it a catch and TD.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2020, 1:29 PM

My family is close friends with the replay official from the Pac12.

Upon further reflection, he told us that LSU thoroughly kicked Clemson's sorry #####.

I don’t follow?

Dec 28, 2020, 1:31 PM

Officials don’t review final scores. Are you sure your friend is actually an official?

The back judge that set the pick on the OSU receiver

Dec 28, 2020, 2:07 PM

that helped Nolan Turner make the game-saving INT is my wife's best friend's second cousin once removed.

He said that it was the best play he ever made.

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic