Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My daughter is now talking about heading to fsu...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 3,339

My daughter is now talking about heading to fsu...

Jul 23, 2020, 6:51 PM

She is set to head to Clemson as a pre-vet major. The announcement two days ago about postponement took the wind out of her sails for sure. I have had my head in the sand about universities - more focused on what high school plans are as my son will be a sophomore in Hs and she was taken care of...

Just checking around, I don’t see a lot of big state schools around us postponing just yet- uga, tenn, FSU are all headed back.

She now wants to go to FSU which was high on her list for nursing before flipping to Clemson.

I would think that other schools will postpone, but who knows!!??? I also think that football season start will get pushed way back (or canceled).

Any body have any insight, advice, or insults I can offer??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My daughter is now talking about heading to fsu...

Jul 23, 2020, 7:22 PM

If Dabo can get her on campus, we have a shot!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is amphibious for sure...............***

Jul 23, 2020, 7:54 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2020, 8:09 PM

Clemson has an outstanding nursing program and it's hard to get into. I don't think that the freshman courses she will be taking will be negatively impacted by online classes for a few weeks. When you are on the back row of a classroom with 300 students in front of you, and notifying the professor of your attendance by clicking a device into the air vs watching at home in her jammies... She will be fine.

Jul 23, 2020, 9:31 PM

Wow! I had forgotten all about those iClickers and the constant rotation of who would be carrying all 8-10 for each class. Those were the good ole days, for sure!

Just one question....

Jul 23, 2020, 8:10 PM

Who is paying the majority of the bill for your daughters college?

I've always been of the school - he who pays the bill gets the most say in the decision....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The state of Florida is not taking care of business. They’ll get sick and shut it down.

Jul 23, 2020, 8:19 PM

Clemson is being smart and more likely to finish the year

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The state of Florida is not taking care of business. They’ll get sick and shut it down.

Jul 23, 2020, 8:35 PM

I guess she isn’t. ALL IN. A short delay Should not make a lot of difference

Jul 23, 2020, 8:39 PM

She's probably over rated. I didn't like her film. We've got better prospects. I say if she visits FSU cut her loose. We only need those who want to be Tigers.

Jul 23, 2020, 9:02 PM

If she committed, she is not permitted to take other visits

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They all know this.

Jul 23, 2020, 9:28 PM

Your off the triple six by the way ??

Jul 23, 2020, 9:06 PM

I apologize. It's gotta be my fault.

My daughter goes to FSU. Likes it. Good school. Of course I

Jul 23, 2020, 9:14 PM

live in Florida so I like it too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please, please hold out for Clemson, since..

Jul 23, 2020, 9:22 PM

she will make super & life-long friends, have a degree from a splendid school, enjoy a smaller walk-around campus, yada-yada-yada.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My daughter goes to FSU. Likes it. Good school. Of course I

Jul 23, 2020, 9:30 PM [ in reply to My daughter goes to FSU. Likes it. Good school. Of course I ]

They do have a very spacious outdoor reading facility.

Re: My daughter goes to FSU. Likes it. Good school. Of course I

Jul 23, 2020, 9:43 PM

You're right!

However, only professors are known to take advantage of it.

She shouldn't flip schools just because of a one month

Jul 23, 2020, 9:32 PM

delay in in-person classes. This is a lifetime decision.

Clemson will either learn from the other schools and go to in-person classes after a month

OR

All of the other schools will learn that they shouldn't have tried in-person and will switch to on-line

Either way, all of the schools will be doing the same thing on Sept. 22...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A 4 week delay is prompting a change in

Jul 23, 2020, 9:41 PM

Schools, states, and majors?

Typical woman.

I can't imagine giving up Clemson because of in person classes being postponed.

Jul 23, 2020, 9:48 PM

As someone who got two degrees from Clemson, the experience there must be impossible to beat.

I know she has to do what is right for her, but I think it would be a mistake since you never know what other schools might still change.

Best of luck to her in her decision making.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can certainly see how any young person in her position

Jul 23, 2020, 10:46 PM

would be greatly disappointed. There is a sign in a yard down the street from me which says "Tiger Town Bound, Clemson Class of 24". With the announcement a couple of days ago, I really felt bad for that kid. Having said that, considering that the students will move in on Sept. 13 and begin classes on Sept 21, I would urge her to be patient and stay. It is not that long. It would be different if it were any longer than that. And I know it must be scary to have to start out your college academic experience without in person instruction. But I imagine the Clemson experience will be a lot more special than four years in Tallahassee, Florida. And you are right that other schools may be making similar decisions soon.

It is a tough call for her I'm sure.

Is this another decommitment? *******

Jul 23, 2020, 11:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2020, 11:33 PM

My daughter has quit adding to the stack of dorm stuff in the back room since the announcement yesterday.

Clemson hasn't postponed classes. But they are making

Jul 23, 2020, 11:35 PM

them online till September.

Coach Swinney always says "just tell me when and where.....

Jul 24, 2020, 1:04 AM

......and we'll be there" when asked about the playoffs.

It's that kind of attitude that makes winners. If a student wants to go to Clemson, the process is clear. Seems to me the reward is much greater than some minor inconveniences at the beginning. Rather than looking for something else, celebate being a part of a leader. Given all the upheaval the world has gone through in the past 6 month, a one month delay in in-person classes seems fairly insignificant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2020, 6:57 AM

thanks guys.

I feel that she will stay the course and head to tiger town. She did really like fsu nursing when she visited a few times, and the disappointment of missing a month (doesn't sound like much, I know) has given her some second thoughts.

The one month delay on top of missing prom, her track season, last three months of high school, etc., just really sucks out loud for her.

She is a huge Tigers sports fan, and here's to hoping she'll be happy with her decision!

Yall have a great day. Go Tigers!

Replies: 24
| visibility 3,339
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic