Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Since manac thinks it's some sort of insult, any RAs in here
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 513

Since manac thinks it's some sort of insult, any RAs in here

Feb 18, 2021, 2:14 PM

Resident Assistants that is, not the TNET vernacular?

I was my second semester freshman year and sophomore year. Get paid and have my own dorm room for not really doing a thing except get annoyed at the rent-a-cops walking around the dorms, not a bad gig.

My only piece of advice was I couldn't protect them if they were caught with alcohol by the rent-a-cops, so I advised they drank off campus. I definitely thrived as being an unmemorable RA, which is how my first RA was. Then lived off campus junior and senior year.

So you were 1 out of 2 manac, I was the high school class clown in the math, biology, and physics classes, and a dumb jock in the rest of them. Not even sure what a high school tattle tale is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I almost got kicked out of school because the

Feb 18, 2021, 2:21 PM

RA's found empty beer cans, a nasty pot-smoking bowl and some adderall in my room.

He was also a creepy Jesus freak who would make inappropriate comments to EVERY GIRL that came back to the dorms with us.

How he never got hisassedwhooped is beyond me. I'm pretty sure I got REALLY serious at some point about planting weed in his room, as I was good friends with his roommate.

I was an ######## when I was younger, so that's not really a reflection on your experience as an RA :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

snitches and #######

Feb 18, 2021, 2:21 PM

you were definitely one

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've never snitched, try again.***

Feb 18, 2021, 2:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can yall just make up?

Feb 18, 2021, 2:39 PM

I've spoken to each of you individually. Neither of you know why you're actually upset at the other other than, "they were mean to me on the internet"

tigermanac® soccerkrzy®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I've tried, I'll embrace his hate and keep goin on.***

Feb 18, 2021, 2:41 PM

You sound like my sister

Feb 18, 2021, 2:44 PM

When her and my mom didn't talk for six years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pigs of them?***

Feb 18, 2021, 3:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

That one's on me.***

Feb 18, 2021, 3:38 PM [ in reply to You sound like my sister ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I'm glad you've invervened.

Feb 18, 2021, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Can yall just make up? ]

What do you recommend? A basic posting of account balances? Audit by a CPA with public results? TELL THEM WHAT TO DO TO ACHIEVE PEACE!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I tried the low key RA gig

Feb 18, 2021, 2:32 PM

on my weekend off some guys stuffed a keg in the hall fridge and used bungee cords to keep the door shut. It screwed the fridge all up. Because I wouldn’t identify the perps (had a good idea who but no actual knowledge) I was not retained second semester.

Back then the beer was no issue as drinking age was 18 but breaking the shelving and hinges on a 5 year old state contract fridge was equal to grand theft auto. The fact that I was at home that weekend was no excuse in the mind of ol’ Almeda Beat-n-eat-her (her maiden name was Boettner). The on duty supervisor got a pass because his place was two floors below but I was supposed to know what was going on from Spartanburg. You youngsters will know her as Almeda Jacks who climbed the ladder of authority at CU for 40+ years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

The worst trouble I got in was I watched residents penny a

Feb 18, 2021, 2:36 PM

guy's room shut, he couldn't get the door open and was late for class and raised all sorts of hell.

Even then, the RD laughed.

Probably requires a good RD to be a lazy RA.

You were an RA?

Feb 18, 2021, 2:32 PM

My daughter is currently an RA.

Feb 18, 2021, 2:45 PM

I don't think she has any issues with alcohol or drugs, just constant girl drama.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't need to be an RA.

Feb 18, 2021, 2:47 PM

I just needed to make sure that the one we had was scared of me.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

####### narc

Feb 18, 2021, 3:29 PM

just kidding

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Replies: 15
| visibility 513
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic