Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Serious question, and maybe I missed it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Serious question, and maybe I missed it

Jun 19, 2020, 10:09 AM

In this climate, why is there no outcry to remove or rename the statues, bridges and over 50 buildings named after or memorializing the King of Pork and grand poo bah of the KKK, Sen. Byrd from WV?

Yeah, yeah, I know, "Wrong Bored Moran", but I'm tired of everyone piling on us when, to me, Dabo and the players are attempting to do the right thing, as they see it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many TNetters live in WV?

Jun 19, 2020, 10:22 AM

Just give it time. I'm sure they'll get to Byrd eventually. Didn't Byrd change his opinion over time and admit he was wrong?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many TNetters live in WV?

Jun 19, 2020, 11:20 AM

WVaTiger
WVdave
Wvfaithful

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Hopefully they can comment then***

Jun 19, 2020, 12:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many TNetters live in WV?

Jun 19, 2020, 4:47 PM [ in reply to How many TNetters live in WV? ]

Byrd was Hillary Clinton's mentor so you have to leave
him alone. Anyone who messes with Byrds legacy will be
invited to Hillarys for a bowl of Arkansas Stew.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Serious question, and maybe I missed it

Jun 19, 2020, 10:33 AM

I have a great idea (well in my mind anyway). I think the NCAA should approve a banning of all athletic scholarships. If you want to play sports and have a shot at the pro level then pay up! Drives me crazy knowing how good the university is to its athletes and the money they spend on them and then they go pro and make millions and then anytime they can, they bash the coaches and the university. Offering no more scholarships to anyone no mater their color would have a great impact on current issues our country is facing. Just my 2 cents worth. GO TIGERS!

You want to shut down 99% of college athletes and sports?

Jun 19, 2020, 10:51 AM

Clemson only has 5-10 athletes per year that go pro and make millions. This is one of the worst ideas I've seen so far.

Re: You want to shut down 99% of college athletes and sports?

Jun 19, 2020, 11:10 AM

But they all the a dream of playing pro ball. Not a bad idea at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You want to shut down 99% of college athletes and sports?

Jun 19, 2020, 11:16 AM

Typically athletes and schools have a symbiotic relationship. The student-athletes benefit with a scholarship and academic support that some wouldn't have received otherwise. The school also receives many benefits.

Removing scholarships is a lose-lose situation for all parties.

So where does that put us on paying players?***

Jun 19, 2020, 11:22 AM

Clemson

How is that related to banning athletic scholarships?

Jun 19, 2020, 12:43 PM

I don't want to stop athletic scholarships. Less worried if players are paid above-and-beyond.

Your other post said, I assume with the current model

Jun 19, 2020, 2:40 PM

A symbiotic relationship. The players benefit and the school benefits. I was just curious if that extended to thinking the players are already compensated and don't need to be paid, that's all. Just a question, friend

Clemson

Re: Your other post said, I assume with the current model

Jun 19, 2020, 3:03 PM

I'm okay if players get paid. As best as I can tell, it will benefit the athlete while no penalty to the university.

Now I have no idea how it will be implemented, managed, or limited so that it's not a distraction. Is TL going to start wearing headbands with QR codes or product placements? No idea where that line is that helps the athlete without it becoming a pure gold rush.

Wait, what? What are you even talking about here?

Jun 19, 2020, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Serious question, and maybe I missed it ]

You think it's a good idea to ban athletic scholarships because there is a very, very small percentage of college athletes that go pro and make millions?

That is literally, not figuratively, but literally a stupid take. I don't even know what that would accomplish other than removing access to college for thousands of kids who cannot afford it without those scholarships.

Answer this for me, in the past year, what percentage of athletes at Clemson have gone pro in their respective sport?

Now, in the past year, what percentage of athletes at Clemson have gone pro and are making millions?

Finally, how many Clemson athletes have gone pro, are making millions, and are bashing coaches and the University?

I'll wait...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Wait, what? What are you even talking about here?

Jun 19, 2020, 1:53 PM

It’s been really hot here lately. I keep finding more and more dried up earthworms on my driveway every morning. When is someone going to finally do something about all these dried up earthworms that are causing it to be so hot?

Society is going nutso right now protesting

Jun 19, 2020, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Wait, what? What are you even talking about here? ]

and rioting against the police right now, and calling for sweeping reform, despite the fact that racist police make up a very, very small percentage of all police.

I'm guessing you also oppose this opposition to police?

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

What does that have to do with college scholarships

Jun 19, 2020, 3:07 PM

Stay on point straw man

The point is that decisions are being made

Jun 19, 2020, 3:10 PM

in society today based on a very small minority of events. If the OP wants to apply the same line of thinking toward college athletics, it isn't so far-fetched based on today's current events.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Hey, Don't throw the OP in the fire

Jun 19, 2020, 3:22 PM

My thread got hijacked a long time ago

My apologies, I should have mentioned bob0429!

Jun 19, 2020, 3:41 PM

Not you, you are the victim of a thread hijacking!

So you're comparing a racist cop murdering a black man

Jun 19, 2020, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Society is going nutso right now protesting ]

to a college athlete getting a scholarship and going pro?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

No, I'm using two different examples

Jun 19, 2020, 3:43 PM

illustrating the same concept - dramatic conclusions being drawn, and drastic solutions being proposed - based on a very small occurrence in the grand scheme of things.

Do you understand now?

I mean, that’s a weird way of saying you agree with me

Jun 19, 2020, 6:18 PM

but you do you

Jun 19, 2020, 2:59 PM

Becaise Byrd changed and united with the black community. He basically repented. He didn't die the same A ....hole he was earlier in life. Kind of common sense as far as why.

Lol yeah, ok. There’s no double standard there whatsoever

Jun 19, 2020, 6:24 PM

I’m guessing you don’t lend that same courtesy towards slave owners who freed their slaves before they had to and repented. Or people who fought for the Confederacy but were honorable people. But a politician who found it convenient to not be a racist anymore, which got him elected time and time again was pure at heart! Got it.

Jun 19, 2020, 3:12 PM

Jun 19, 2020, 6:12 PM

Hitler's salute has got the ghey. And if you tell him there is anything wrong with that, he will have you killed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic