Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My Hulu TV Just Went Up Like $10/month
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

My Hulu TV Just Went Up Like $10/month

Nov 16, 2020, 4:51 PM

What a rip off, bye bye Hulu.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Hulu TV Just Went Up Like $10/month

Nov 16, 2020, 5:01 PM

How much is Hulu?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now $65***

Nov 16, 2020, 5:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, it seems like the honeymoon period is over for these

Nov 16, 2020, 5:20 PM

internet tv providers. I notice Youtube Tv is like $65 now and by next year i assume that will be higher. Whats the point in internet tv if its the same price as cable or satellite? My directv has a base price of 75 but then they add the add ons that take it up to around $125. I was about to cut the cord with directv but not if its only a little bit more.

If you ever talk to directv, mention the equipment fees.

Nov 16, 2020, 8:07 PM

We had 4 TVs with boxes at $7.99 each with one a $9.99 dvr. I mentioned how these were the biggest difference in me willing to change to YouTube and they waived all of them except the dvr fee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yeah, it seems like the honeymoon period is over for these

Nov 17, 2020, 6:00 PM [ in reply to yeah, it seems like the honeymoon period is over for these ]

After getting the email from Hulu, checked Utube and saw it was already $65. If its been that for awhile, have little doubt it will also increase before too long. Utube has 85 channels versus about 65 for Hulu. I think initially Utube didn't carry the ACC channel but its now included along with the other sports channels I watch, which don't include NBA, MLB and NFL. Will continue with Hulu for the time being and will still be paying $25 less monthly than Spectrum was charging 2 years ago. Unfortunately there's not a good alternative to their internet service in our area.

Message was edited by: BerlinSPY73®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Nov 16, 2020, 8:21 PM

Thanks for the reminder. Just cancelled my Hulu Live subscription.

that's terrible

Nov 16, 2020, 8:34 PM

now how are you going to watch old episodes of sex and the city?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had myVHS on tripod and recorded

Nov 16, 2020, 10:34 PM

Kinda grainy tho

Likewise ... but it still beats Spectrum.***

Nov 16, 2020, 10:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

No way. I've done the math over and over

Nov 17, 2020, 7:14 AM

Just no way

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

My Spectrum bill per month was $198 with one (1) HD DVR

Nov 17, 2020, 12:57 PM

and sports package. That also included high-speed internet.

Hulu + Live TV = $65/month (can stream on any device or computer like Spectrum; include Cloud HD DVR; access to all ESPN and other sports channels)
High-speed internet with Spectrum = $70/month

Total = $135

$135 < $198.

Yes, it beats my Spectrum. And, I am not going back to bundle for a year just to have it double or triple after the first 12 months. And, they burned a bridge when they told me to "call back in a couple of weeks to get the bundle price. We can't give it to you now."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Nov 17, 2020, 6:49 AM

yeah, I'm only keeping it at the moment because it's a convenient way to get pretty much every football game I could want. The other services tend to either want 10 bucks more for their "extra" sports packages or just don't have regional broadcasts. Once football's over, I'll be saving the 70 bucks a month.

Nov 17, 2020, 7:19 AM

I will keep Hulu during the season and turn it off as soon as the last game is played. II have little use for live tv in the off season

It bears repeating.....................

Nov 17, 2020, 7:24 AM

:)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2020, 7:19 AM [ in reply to Re: My Hulu TV Just Went Up Like $10/month ]

I will keep Hulu during the season and turn it off as soon as the last game is played. II have little use for live tv in the off season

Nov 17, 2020, 7:19 AM [ in reply to Re: My Hulu TV Just Went Up Like $10/month ]

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic