Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My Luggage is Packed and I'll be off to...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

My Luggage is Packed and I'll be off to...

Oct 1, 2019, 8:50 PM

Petroskey, MI.in the AM. About 30 - 35 years ago when returning from Canada, we passed through Petroskey. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that one day Petroskey would be my travel destination.
We checked the weather in that area through Sunday and noted the temp would get down to 40F. so that meant we had to thrown in some winter wear and another piece of luggage.

Have a generous supply of Tiger Paws to distribute along the way. On our return we will venture over to Pittsburgh and pay my respects to Carnegie/Mellon and Pittsburg. When I was there it was Carnegie Tech. Pittsburgh U. is just down the street near where the old Forbes Field used to be.

We plan to drive through the campuses of Notre Dame, Michigan State , Michigan, Carnegie/Mellon, Pittsburgh and West Virginia with out Tiger Paw Flags waving in the breeze. If Pittsburgh traffic is not too bad may even cruise through the campus of Duquesne. Some of you older posters may remember when Duquesne was a powerhouse in football.

Hold down the Fort while I am gone and should the Indians attack, please remember, don't shoot until you see the white in their eyes.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bon Voyage JOE (and Linda)!

Oct 1, 2019, 8:56 PM

The tours thru those great sports towns sound like something many of us fans would greatly enjoy, so take mental notes & report back soon!

Go TiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just returned from spending last week in Pittsburgh

Oct 1, 2019, 9:10 PM

to attend my oldest Granddaughter's wedding.

Had a great drive up and back, but fast and stayed near the South Hills Country Club, the wedding venue, as well as visited family friends in Monongahela. It was 45 degrees Friday a.m. at about 4 a.m. while I was outside in shorts and flip flops drinking coffee., and I thought, "Jeez...Lawd have mercy!"

During the return Sunday I decided to run I-81 to Bristol, then I-26 through Asheville to avoid Charlotte, as I live in the NW area of Columbia on Lake Murray. There's just something about running through the mountains at 85-90 mph that'll keep you awake!

And almost forgot, there was a fellow at the wedding, originally from Easley, who has been in Pittsburgh a good while and who I knew was a Clemson man. How? He had on a Clemson tie and was surprised when I told him of my affiliation. Small world.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Luggage is Packed and I'll be off to...

Oct 1, 2019, 9:11 PM

Watch out for those trolls Joe! (. . . not us tnet trolls, that is - Michiganders will know what I mean!).

We’re heading up after the FSU game to spend time with the wife’s family during that bye week. Going to also get up to Mackinac Island - which will be my first time to the island - really looking forward to it.

Safe travels! ( and - ahem - good luck with the GPS and the directions ... ??).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Oct 1, 2019, 10:07 PM

You will like Mackinac Island. It's about the end of the season so there will not a big crowd there. Petroskey is on the Lake Michigan side but not too far from Mackinac on the Huron aside.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2019, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: My Luggage is Packed and I'll be off to... ]

A few things to know about Mackinac Island - 1) The fort closes at 4PM this time of year so go early 2) Take the horse drawn carriage tour, they give a great history lesson about the island 3) The bike ride around the island is nice, but will take a big chunk of the day and the carriage tour takes you to the hot spots 4) And most importantly get some fudge, best you'll ever have.

Footnote - I was born in Petoskey (no "r" by the way) and lived 30 minutes away for the first 18 years of my life. My sister worked on the island for two summers during her college years. I've spend the better part of 25 years in the greater Greenville area.

Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2019, 11:34 AM

I moved to SW Michigan almost a decade ago. The coastal cities in the northern part of the state such as Traverse City, Petoskey...heck even Grand Haven and Saugatuck near me all offer something for the traveler. I miss the South but late spring through early fall are great up here. The rest? Yeah.. I start to get sad come Match and April when it seems like the gray sky's won't go away.

Anyway, Mackinac Island is a special place. No motor vehicles whatsoever.

One of these days I'll get past Mackinac and see this Upper Peninsula the natives here all rave about.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2019, 12:01 AM

Have a good trip Joe and enjoy yourself. Safe travels.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2019, 1:02 AM

Joe, I’m assuming you’re referring to the Seminole tribe attacking. I feel confident CU will have a pretty good plan of attack upon arrival of those Indians. Tom a hawk chop and all.
Enjoy your trip!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2019, 9:04 AM

Have a safe and enjoyable trip! Will be looking forward to hearing about it!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic