Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My First Post
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,571

My First Post

Sep 18, 2017, 3:38 PM

I'm a 2015 Clemson grad and moved to a little town near Seattle called Auburn. Go figure.
Through a weird turn of events, I was able to attend the Louisville game and couldn't have chosen a better game to watch. The UL fans were very nice to us, and the game day atmosphere wasn't as bad as I had heard. However, I was pretty underwhelmed with the stadium, the game-time atmosphere, and the UL "experience" before the game. Lame entrance and lame traditions if you ask me. But then again, we're used to the best 25 seconds in college football, so that may explain some of it.

Best part - watching the facial expressions of the UL fans every time we stopped Ms Jackson. It was a look of total disbelief. One lady behind me (we had awesome seats 13 rows behind the Clemson bench) tapped my friend on the shoulder and said "something is wrong with Lamar tonight." I couldn't help myself, but I shouted out, "it's called being overwhelmed." She didn't bother us the rest of the night.. :)

Scale of 1-10 w/ 10 being best:

UL Tailgating 6
Game Atmosphere 6
UL Fans 9
City Experience 8 (not a bad place to visit.)

Beating Ms Jackson - Priceless!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome!***

Sep 18, 2017, 3:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: My First Post

Sep 18, 2017, 4:01 PM

Great first post!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First of all let me congratulate - and

Sep 18, 2017, 5:59 PM

commiserate - with you, for joining up. You'll learn why as you go along.

As for atmosphere, yes, we're spoiled. Clemson: much better, more sprawling tailgating, less city problems and issues. Though the Ville, it must be said, can handle the traffic in and out a lot better due to all interstates all around and the city environs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My First Post***

Sep 18, 2017, 6:08 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Nice post----and the Seattle area is incredible...heard a

Sep 18, 2017, 6:21 PM

tv talking head at some point last week laying out his view of what would happen in the "Game of the Week".....he was making a reference about being unsure new starting QB Kelly Bryant could handle being on the road in front of 55,000 raucous fans at Papa John stadium.........

My wife looked up from her laptop and quipped: "55,000??? We sell more season tickets than that!"

Put it in crystal clear perspective

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,571
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic