Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My 2 cents on KB and TL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

My 2 cents on KB and TL

Sep 26, 2018, 1:31 PM

What a HUGE mistake. This situation reminds me of the 2006 Florida Gators with Leak & Tebow. Tebow was too good to not see the field, but was not close to being ready to lead a CFB team as a frosh. Without Leak's leadership, they NEVER win the 2006 Natty. KB deserves to be the starter for three reasons. 1) He is the guy with the experience, 2) He has performed adequately so far, and 3) He led this team to a playoff berth last year. No amount of talent can replace experience, period.

The only decent team Clemson has played this year saw KB win the game with a solid performance. He was the leading rusher with a TD and threw the ball pretty well. TL was a non-factor in that game, a great majority of his passing yards came on an athletic play from the WR. In the ONE GAME that Clemson had to show up, TL was not the guy. Other than A&M, Clemson has played 3 scrubs so how has TL proven to be better? Clemson will feel the effects of this decision down the road and KB is absolutely right to hit the door IMO. The coaching staff was either pressured or jumped the gun. Whichever it was, they just took themselves out of the title race.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Goodness I hope you are wrong***

Sep 26, 2018, 1:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Get It....The Staff Had to Look Not Just at This Season

Sep 26, 2018, 1:35 PM

But for the next few. I don't think there was a true 100% correct solution. Time will tell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BIG difference....TL is not Tebow...Tebow was not a NFL

Sep 26, 2018, 1:38 PM

caliber QB as a freshman and barely was when he left...TL could make an NFL roster as a freshman. Had TL stayed in for the entirety of the A&M game I believe we still win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not like he was going to be benched for good...

Sep 26, 2018, 1:38 PM

Dabo was merely changing the rotation to give TL the start. Kelly not being here with his leadership ability is 100% on him. And quite frankly, if this is how he handled this situation, then I question the quality of leadership he would've provided down the line anyways.

And in regards to playing "scrubs", if KB wasn't able to show out against weak teams like TL was, then how can you say he's more deserving of starting?

One of the RARE times KB was accurate

Sep 26, 2018, 1:39 PM

Exception not the rule....

We have zero chance in post season with KB at QB

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My 2 cents on KB and TL

Sep 26, 2018, 1:43 PM

It's called looking down the road, Kelly Bryant was bumping his head on his ceiling, TL has past him in the last 2 weeks AND WILL CONTINUE to rise until Kelly Bryants Ceiling is TL's FLOOR!

This would have happened whether Kelly Bryant stayed or left...

Kelly Bryant Handled it Poorly!

HIS timing, HIS comments....were NOT the High Road!

Sep 26, 2018, 1:45 PM

Well said!

Sep 26, 2018, 1:48 PM

You are comparing APPLES to someone that is SELLING APPLES! uh...it ain't the same thing!

Sep 26, 2018, 1:48 PM

My Rebuttal:

Tua Tagovailoa

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 1:50 PM

I hope he is wrong also, but I agree with him 100%. It's different when you the head man, it's different when the tapes are out there on you. It is extremely different if you are seasoned and have seen the adjustments before like (KB) have.

Leaning on the fly against teams as big, fast and coaches as good as yours. I think KB should've played and started the entire season, with TL horning his GAMEPLAY IQ. Lord TL is talented, but he have only experienced winning at CU over lesser opponents.

Be Honest our defense doomed GT, heck South Florida ran them ragged.

closing, I really Think Dabo and staff did right by not taking him into the 5th game, Dabo permitted KB with an opportunity, instead of Boxing him in.

Just my sad day thoughts on it

Sep 26, 2018, 3:40 PM

I accidentally gave you a TU by mistake, now to the real issue. Do I detect some racism in your post?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do realize we're going to destroy you this year,

Sep 26, 2018, 1:50 PM

again. Even if Batson is QB.

null

Sep 26, 2018, 1:51 PM

In response to "my 2 cents," we don't know that Trevor Lawrence wouldn't have come back in the A&M game and won it. Granted,
Kelly Bryant showed great leadership in the A&M game and lead us to a win. We are also looking at the entire body of work. In
addition, Bryant was still going to play-just not start. He would have other opportunities to play and possibly even start. I was really
bothered by the comments that the coaches didn't give him a fair shot and that it was a slap on the face. Since when is any athlete
entitled to a starting spot? It's like, "If I don't get my way. I'll just take my ball and go home." What happened to , "All In?"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 3:31 PM

Agree. A lot of revisionist history on the A&M game.

Credit to Kelly, as he played well. But our offense scored zero points in the 4th Q allowing A&M to climb back in it. Given TL’s body of work so far, it’s more likely he would have led us to more points in the 4th Q than zero.

Sep 26, 2018, 1:55 PM

Is this Nick Saben? because I don't know anyone else that could be second guessing Dabo

If we would just trust Dabo and his coaches, it will save US ALL a lot of embarrassment, making .........umm.. unintelligent (if I spelled that right?) comments on here!

MHO

Sep 26, 2018, 2:07 PM

Saban handled his QB situation a lot better than Dabo and his crew did. Tua was better than Hurts all along, but they let Hurts play himself out of the position. This spring the competition was open and Tua won it fair and square. no arguments there! Tua is heads and shoulders better than Hurts, TL is not heads and shoulders better than KB (right now) which is where folks are sadly mistaken.

Luckily for Clemson they play a weak schedule but mark my word, they still won't make it to the top 4. Starting a freshman QB is going to come back and bite them in the behind big time. What they should have done was stick with KB until he began to struggle, AND THEN turn it over to TL (while he got better in the process). But to just name him the starter out of the blue? That's NOT how you handle a QB who took you to the playoffs the previous season! I would bet that Justin Fields is more talented than Fromm (and TL), but he is not ready to lead a college team. THIS IS NOT HIGH SCHOOL! KB was right to leave, because TL didn't beat him out the position it was just given to him.

Sep 26, 2018, 3:47 PM

Hmmmm. You just showed up on Tnet today and your first comments are to trash TL. You may have over priced your comment at two cents.

Dabo handled it just fine. KB is the one that has showed his selfish ###.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Re: My 2 cents on KB and TL ]

Saban handled his QB situation a lot better than Dabo and his crew did. Tua was better than Hurts all along, but they let Hurts play himself out of the position. This spring the competition was open and Tua won it fair and square. No arguments there! Tua is heads and shoulders better than Hurts, TL is not heads and shoulders better than KB (right now) which is where folks are sadly mistaken.

Luckily for Clemson they play a weak schedule but mark my word, they still won't make it to the top 4. Starting a freshman QB is going to come back and bite them in the behind big time. What they should have done was stick with KB until he began to struggle, AND THEN turn it over to TL (while he got better in the process). But to just name him the starter out of the blue? That's NOT how you handle a QB who took you to the playoffs the previous season! I would bet that Justin Fields is more talented than Fromm (and TL), but he is not ready to lead a college team. THIS IS NOT HIGH SCHOOL! KB was right to leave, because TL didn't beat him out the position it was just given to him.

Sep 26, 2018, 1:57 PM

That's all fine and dandy, but you don't keep your position based on your past laurels. Just because he did nothing wrong doesn't make him the best player...the still have to perform the BEST in the position beyond the intangibles. And Trevor outperformed him. It was the correct call to reward Trevor for his performance, he earned it. If Kelly was so concerned about losing his spot, he should have not kept starting the games going 3 and out, passes over sailing guys....he should have called his own number less in the RPO and played for the team...he should have performed at a level that kept him equal in the competition to his competitor. Everyone on the team competes to get and keep their spots, QB is no different.

Sep 26, 2018, 2:13 PM

Flawed - Based on that logic, Cole Stoudt should have lead the 2014 team since he had the experience and Watson was "just a freshman."

Sep 26, 2018, 2:23 PM

What did Cole Stoudt prove before it was turned over to Watson? What body of work could be shown for him? I'll wait....

What body of work did KB have?

Sep 26, 2018, 3:00 PM

Great to be 12-2 last season, but dang, the D we had would've allowed a lot of QBs out there to take us to the CFP.

Sep 26, 2018, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: My 2 cents on KB and TL ]

You shouldn't wait.......... this may take awhile!

Clemson beats TX A&M by 10+ ...

Sep 26, 2018, 3:05 PM

with TL playing the entire game. Now team is moving on to the CFB championship with much improved QB play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson beats TX A&M by 10+ ...

Sep 26, 2018, 3:19 PM

I remember him looking an awful lot like a freshman that game. Could that be why he played a lot less in that game versus the other 3? I don't disagree that the kid should be playing, but to just name him the starter when KB has not played himself out of the position is absurd. These coaches make millions and they know more than all of us, but I'm betting my bottom dollar they just costed themselves a shot at the crystal ball. Can ANYONE name a true freshman that came into the college game and was ready to take over a major program? We have seen plenty contribute and some were ready to start right away, but not at QB. The development of that position is like none other. When this decision backfires, I'm looking forward to hearing about sucky WR's, terrible coaching, subpar o-line play etc.

It took DW4 to throw a TD with :01 left on the clock...

Sep 26, 2018, 3:23 PM

to beat Bama, who was led by a true FR. Hurts put up 31 against our D.

Sep 26, 2018, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson beats TX A&M by 10+ ... ]

Well it seems that that was JUST for this game coming up. Kelly Bryant could have very well EARNED the spot back the next week but Kelly Bryant decided that TL should be the starter so he made it PERMANENT by quitting the team.

I respect his decision to Transfer, Kelly Bryant had a front row seat watching TL and knows that his cannot compete with him.

Sep 26, 2018, 3:42 PM

Can anyone name the last Alabama QB to even serve as a back-up in the NFL? It's not hard to manage a game when your defense suffocates everyone. Also, how was Hurts ready to lead a college program when he lost his job to another frosh the following year? LMAO get real!

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic