Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Herschel Walker lighting the path
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,130

Herschel Walker lighting the path

Jun 4, 2020, 12:15 PM

on Glen Beck radio show - don't like Glen but the Herschel segment should be all over the place soon.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Herschel Walker lighting the path

Jun 4, 2020, 12:34 PM

Hershel has always had an ability to say gracious and kind things. I have never met him but he seems to be a good thoughtful humble guy. Loved him as a player except for the school he chose.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's had natural athletic ability hos whole like, but what

Jun 4, 2020, 1:06 PM

he has accomplished in both athletics and business has come mainly through a lot of hard work.

I love hearing his story. Wish he had chosen the Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Jun 4, 2020, 1:43 PM

Off topic comment here:
Not a Glenn Beck fan either, but way back when he had a show on Fox, and before he went totally bonkers, he did the best series on the Founding Fathers and American history that I've ever seen. Could be used as the basis of an American history course...if such a thing were taught these days.

And yes, Herschel Walker has set many good examples.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2020, 3:07 PM

Here is a link to the interview:

https://www.glennbeck.com/st/podcast

The interview starts around 1:26:40 of today's show.

Agree - Herschel has a message worth hearing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Herschel Story

Jun 4, 2020, 3:14 PM

Went to a game a few years ago in Death Valley and there was little buzz as we got in our seating area. "Herschel Walker is in the stands!" As we approached our seats we discovered that he, his wife( or girlfriend) and another guy were sitting in OUR seats. Obviously I didn't know exactly how to handle it but I finally approached him to discover that his seats were in front of mine. He moved and we chatted off and on during game. Got a selfie with my wife. Great guy. Very humble! I eventually asked him if he was going down on the field after the game to walk in the end zone, since had never been there as a player! He laughed.
That was when his nephew Milan Richard played for us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Herschel Story

Jun 4, 2020, 5:44 PM

Great story. Why haven't you ever posted this before?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jun 4, 2020, 3:27 PM

Which one of his personalities was interviewed?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2020, 10:25 AM

Herschel was a National Merit Finalist, world class sprinter and per the UGA hoops coach the best hoops player in campus.

The best college player I have ever seen, IMO the best ever, a talented nice guy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2020, 10:29 AM

You read his book right, He claimed to have multiple personality disorder.

We joke a lot here on tigernet, bulldogs are not sacred.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

makes you wonder why all the media that are so quick to

Jun 5, 2020, 11:09 AM

find trouble with any player, coach, former player that proverbially "steps in it", haven't made any effort to relate Mr. Walker's sentiments.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,130
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic