Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Teams you have experienced as worst fan bases?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Teams you have experienced as worst fan bases?

Jun 11, 2017, 11:03 AM

This is going to surprise some but one of the worst fan bases I've ever encountered ona road trip were NC ST fans they are horrible and multiple ppl calling for players to be injured. Next prob be Georgia and FSU fans when you go to them for an away game. And now I add Bama they were very nice and respectful b4 and after 1st natty and b4 2nd natty but as soon as they lost to us they became rude and too good for us! Those are my 3 and new 4th. Of course Coots are #1 worst fan base but that just a given so didn't need to expand on it more haha. Go Tigers!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Teams you have experienced as worst fan bases?

Jun 11, 2017, 11:14 AM

Maryland we had things thrown at us as we went to the stadium.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2017, 11:16 AM

I haven't traveled to as many away games,and it has been a while,but my experiences
have always been cordial.
Of course,it may have something to do with the fact my wife and I are in our senior years,and
are treated the way we would treat visitors into our stadium,or arena.
Add to that we don't get drunk,or obnoxious.
Still,there are rude fans in any stadium,and it has always been our rule just to ignore them.
And if they insist,you can always call security.

Jun 11, 2017, 11:20 AM

This thread again ?

I love telling people how awful the fans of the Georgia Bulldogs have been to me in years past . If you've ever been to Athens in September and NOT had bad things said to you , had things thrown at you or had some mullet shorn trailer-ape threaten you then you are among the minority I assure you .
Truly , the Jawja faithful ( non-alums mostly ) after a tailgate before a Clemson game at Sanford Stadium would fill up about a season of top-notch "Cops " episodes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 11, 2017, 11:25 AM

Here, here on Georgia in Athens..can remember some terrible things said and done to my wife and me back in the 80's..

Jun 11, 2017, 11:32 AM

That is when they were at their worst . You know , back when they were a pretty good team with a good enough coach .
They aren't any more , on either front . However, like the Coots they are solidly in a mental space each and every year where they cannot be beaten and have no weaknesses ...every season .

DB23

Jun 11, 2017, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Teams you have experienced as worst fan bases? ]

back then some of the worst were on the trestle outside the stadium. too cheap to buy a ticket. rednecks

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2017, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Teams you have experienced as worst fan bases? ]

Totally agree.
I was in Athens for the 1994 game.
It was a blowout. We were walking back to the car, head down and quietly.
No less than three times were we threatened with fights.
It was like "Escape From New York".
Definitely the shallow end of the gene pool around there.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jun 11, 2017, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Teams you have experienced as worst fan bases? ]

I'll never set foot on the UGA campus again as long as I live.
1982 hubs and I attended away game with another couple, before game walking across campus we asked a group of female students where to find a restroom and as a group they Turned their Backs and refused to speak. After the game and our loss as we walked the ramps out of the stadium we were screamed at, cursed, filthy language screamed at us, shoved and pushed in the crowd. I was actually frightened, fortunately a couple of men got between us and the jerks and one student apologized. We never spoke a word so completely unprovoked.
Couple of years later hubby and friend went back and were mooned, close up, by 2 female students as they walked across campus.

Jun 11, 2017, 11:54 AM

Hey atleast they were mooned by 2 female student prob a much better site then 2 men bare a$$ haha

When they refused to tell you where the restroom was you

Jun 12, 2017, 6:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Teams you have experienced as worst fan bases? ]

should have told them your husband was going to just #### on their bell.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2017, 11:23 AM

As a student back in the early 80's, no one held a candle to UGA.

If you weren't there, you really can't understand the level of hate between the two schools, teams and fan bases.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2017, 11:34 AM

Kentucky. My dad and I went to the music city bowl to see CJ play in his last game. As we were walking back to our truck after the win, we were spit on several times.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2017, 11:52 AM

Wow Kentucky is a surprise since they are nothing in the world of CFB. Also Maryland is another one I didn't expect but I didn't expect NC ST to be some of the worst fans I've ever encountered either but they were. I just started this to get ppl opinions on it. Seems to me overwhelming answer is UGA and yes they are very bad me and my dad went to the UGA game DW freshmen year and they were horrible and the worst part like many have said my dad stated that was nothing compared to the 80s when you would go to UGA vs Clemson.

Must be something about Kentucky schools.

Jun 11, 2017, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Teams you have experienced as worst fan bases? ]

I can't stand Louisville fans. Trashiest group I've ever seen.

Jun 11, 2017, 11:35 AM

yep. Had a guy shot in their parking lot about 10 years ago

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2017, 12:01 PM

Maryland fans were by a bunch the worst I ever encountered. There's not just something "off" about that fan base, there's something off about that school. Bunch of Beltway twerps who were too low on the actual societal totem pole to make Ivy League but have all the pretension and all the nastiness. Incredibly hostile environment and everybody seems to hate everybody there for whatever reason, and they actually seem to pride themselves on being - their own words - "the most classless fan base on the planet." Losing those psychos to the B1G and replacing them with Louisville's vastly more respectful and classy fan base was the biggest upgrade in ACC history. And the B1G paid us for it. Oh, please don't throw us in that briar patch, B1G. ;)

I will agree with those who mislike UGA intensely as well. Those Wal-Mart Dawg fans are awful too. Mulleted jort-wearing menaces from the shallow end of the gene pool, yup. NC State has a segment of those kinda folks as well, not nearly so large as UGA's but definitely present and you can get jammed up at State in a hurry. Had a friend get his tires slashed and windows knocked out up in Raleigh and the cops could not have been less interested in helping us. They wouldn't even write up a report for insurance; they were "too busy working traffic" - which looked rather like standing around with their thumbs up their butts.

I have heard bad, bad things about West Virginia fans too but it's just worked out I've never bumped into any of those.

Jun 11, 2017, 12:28 PM

Have to agree on the Georgia fans being the worst. Had bottles and cups thrown at us from an over head walk way while walking to the stadium. Was pretty nervous walking back after a win. Needless to say we have never been back to that Walmart knuckle dragging place again. I know that there are bad fans everywhere but they seem to have the largest percentage of them by far

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

VT

Jun 11, 2017, 12:27 PM

Never thought I would hear myself say that, but after 2 trips to Blacksburg, one visitor houseguest in '97, and last year's ACCCG, they have my top vote. And I have been to Maryland...and Tallahassee...and Athens...and the armpit of the South.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were awful in Blacksburg ~2010 also... disappointing***

Jun 11, 2017, 5:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: VT

Jun 11, 2017, 7:56 PM [ in reply to VT ]

That doesn't surprise me I went to the ACCCG this year and there were some very obnoxious VT fans in the row beside me. Plus b4 the game they weren't very friendly at all unless you were one of them.

Surprisingly...

Jun 11, 2017, 12:52 PM

I have had a bad encounter with a fellow CLEMSON fan at GT each of the last 4 times we have played there

Worst fans were maryland, nc state, and for some reason UNC in my opinion

you must be a youngun. State has had a rep for being nasty

Jun 11, 2017, 12:56 PM

for a long time

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Georgia is, hands down, at the top of the list...

Jun 11, 2017, 1:07 PM

followed by NC State and Maryland.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

UGA was by far the worst I encountered. Been there twice,

Jun 11, 2017, 1:46 PM

once in the early 70s and once again in the 80s, and both times the behavior of a significant number of UGA fans was despicable.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

NCSU....#1 A hole fans***

Jun 11, 2017, 5:57 PM

UGA second***

Jun 11, 2017, 6:02 PM

UGA second***

Jun 11, 2017, 6:02 PM [ in reply to NCSU....#1 A hole fans*** ]

Re: NCSU....#1 A hole fans***

Jun 11, 2017, 8:58 PM [ in reply to NCSU....#1 A hole fans*** ]

Then can you imagine those two nasty fan bases facing off for their first game. The fans actions may be better than the game

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Miami without a doubt.

Jun 11, 2017, 8:00 PM

Worst experience ever in that rat hole of a stadium in South Beach.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2017, 9:08 PM

In no particular order...
USuCk, UGA, Maryland, Penn St, sometimes NC St. As far as most asinine forum posting fanbase, it has to be Louisville beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Jun 11, 2017, 10:06 PM

At Maryland twice and the Coots the only time I've been to the Roach. On the walk up to Williams-Brice me & My girlfriend had fans scream in our face, cuss us and throw things at us. What a bunch of loser bums. At least Clemson won the game that night (2007). My first experience at Maryland's Bryd Stadium the 3 of us were talked to like animals in our seats. My second & last time in college park was much worse. After exiting the stadium me and my friends, one of which was pregnant were not allowed passage through a gate guarded by a Maryland fan in full gear. We had walked through the gate on the way to the game just following the crowd & it turned out to be a big short cut to the car. As we were approaching the gate I saw him let a couple big groups of Terp fans through. Then he shut the gate when he saw us coming. We tried to get him to just let the Pregnant Girl through and we even tried to bribe him! His reply was that we were wearing the wrong clothes to go through his gate. So we finally took off not knowing where we were going. We probably walked about a half a mile longer to get to the car because of this heartless jerk!! Screw Maryland, I'm glad they are gone, good riddance! I've never been to Athens so I don't know about the game day experience at Georgia. It sounds bad as well.

Go Tigers, Beat Kent State and GOD Bless Clemson!!!!

UGA without question. Period.***

Jun 11, 2017, 10:08 PM

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

i would have to agree with the OP

Jun 11, 2017, 10:29 PM

in that ncst fans are the worst right behind Maryland. Ive been to a few clem vs ncst games in DV and unfortunately i had to sit near the away fans just about everytime. They are a loud mouth redneck group that says just about anything to get under our skin. Will never go to another game vs ncst unless im around our fans. Just a sorry fan base that has no hospitality towards opposing fans (in my experience at least). Ive been to a few Clemson vs usuc games and ive personally never experienced many bad fans. But the games ive attended were in DV.

On another note...

Jun 11, 2017, 10:42 PM

i had a buddy who attended the Clemson vs usuc game a few years ago by himself. He was sitting around nothing but coot fans and after the game started they threw beer, batteries, cans and the whole section were yelling for him to leave. He did indeed leave and was still rained down on with drinks as he left. Video is somewhere on YouTube i believe. Made my skin boil when i saw it

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic