Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Musburgerisms and Herbstreitisms and Such
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,537

Musburgerisms and Herbstreitisms and Such

Sep 1, 2013, 8:38 AM

Great work last night, gents. It's a statement win, no question. Especially if UGA gets fired up this week and walks all over Carolina in Athens next Saturday...

I found these little commentator aphorisms to be...pretty annoying:
- Musburger: "Sooie on the tackle" (at least twice - referring to Spencer Shuey)
- Herbie: "Offensa line" and "Defensa line" (multiple times - try not to be such a yankee, amigo)
- Musburger: The coach "whistled that one up" (at least 3 times in the 3rd quarter alone)

Anybody got any other little announcing "gems" to share?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Re: Musburgerisms and Herbstreitisms and Such

Sep 1, 2013, 8:49 AM

Thought they were awesome. Brent's kind of like that grandpa that sits around drinking and opining about what he sees and how it reminds him of days gone by. At the same Kirk provides the knowledge and keeps the train (and Brent) on track. Perfect combo for me to watch a game. When these guys show up, it's not just another game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True...if you complain about those guys, it is

Sep 1, 2013, 9:14 AM

all downhill from there all the way to Pam Ward.

Re: Re: Musburgerisms and Herbstreitisms and Such

Sep 1, 2013, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Musburgerisms and Herbstreitisms and Such ]

Yeah Morris I agree - whether or not it's because we've all been conditioned to associate their voices with the big game of the week, they are definitely the premier announcing duo in college football.

BUT, that said, there are certainly voices out there that impress me with the ability to be creative, witty,

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Sep 1, 2013, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Musburgerisms and Herbstreitisms and Such ]

...polished, and to handle the English language with excellence - one such is Mick Mixon, who is the radio guy f

GO TIGERS

Sep 1, 2013, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Musburgerisms and Herbstreitisms and Such ]

...for the panthers and the UNC Tar Heels. He's probably the best I've heard, IMHO.

(Sorry for broken post - tigernetting on iPhone is hard)

GO TIGERS

I had to laugh when Brent said we were kicking off to

Sep 1, 2013, 8:57 AM

"Atlanta".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

It's not that hard to imagine him reaching under the booth

Sep 1, 2013, 9:04 AM

and pulling out a cold one and "Wow Kirk! There's a game going on right in front of us!"

Sep 1, 2013, 9:22 AM

As long as I don't have to listen to Ed Cunningham, I am happy. I think Herbstreit and Musburger are the best thing going for ESPN college football commentating.

Message was edited by: summeyd®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean Ed Cunningham - not our Ed McDaniel the LB right?***

Sep 1, 2013, 9:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You mean Ed Cunningham - not our Ed McDaniel the LB right?***

Sep 1, 2013, 9:28 AM

Fixed. I don't know what I was thinking. I didn't get to bed until three because of traffic, and I woke up around 7. I'm feeling SEC tired this morning. Thanks for pointing out my error.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My favorite was a postgame comment from Herbie.

Sep 1, 2013, 9:25 AM

"They need to go lick their wounds and get ready for Thursday."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2013, 9:28 AM

I turned them off early on. I discovered if I paused live TV for just a couple seconds, I could listen to the Clemson radio announcers synced to the game. It made for a much better experience. Like the refs words were perfectly synced up to the TV and everything. I think I'll do that from now on.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,537
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic