Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 597

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Sep 21, 2020, 7:50 AM

Friday night, elected to try to fix a leaky faucet. I think the knobs had been on there since 1972. Thinking that it was stuck on some corrosion I turned a hard as I could. Managed to beak the stem. Also couldn't get it out due to it being tiled in. Elected to just call somebody. $340 later I've got new stems, a new diverter, new knobs, and a fear of plumbing.

Saturday, plumber came did his thing, then football.

Sunday, mowed the lawn, then back to work on the bathroom as wall paper needed pulling. We are down to getting the adhesive off the walls. Hope to have a primer coat on by Thursday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was good. Went and saw mom Saturday and bought her

Sep 21, 2020, 7:59 AM

Groceries, treated her water, fixed her splint, took in her mail, etc.

Came home worked some. Watched the game. Cooked supper and bed.

Sunday am did a little work. Watched church. Inlaws took kids so we had some.... Free time. Fixed middle sons bike. Fixed chainsaw. Cut some firewood for fires. Cooked supper.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Long and rough

Left home at 3:00 and drove down to Cooper River at Cypress Gardens boat launch. Emergency vehicles everywhere, lost diver. Launched and went upstream from search crew.

Hooked into a large gator around 2 am, had him on the line about 5 minutes and he made a run and the line popped. Stayed out all night, watched sunrise, chased a smaller gator around 8:00. Draped the line over his back from 30 yds and set the hook. It ran for 2 or 3 minutes and dang it, another popped line. Continued hunting until 11:30 and was half a second from squeezing one off on the crossbow, butt it dropped.

Got a hotel, slept until 8 pm, back on the water and wind and cool air, almost no gators to be seen. Water was crazy high, stayed out until 4 am with nothing to cast at. Went back to hotel and crashed until 10:30 am.

Drove home without a gator, Mcjr and I cut some tree limbs around the deer stand, took him to baseball practice, picked up pizza on the way home.

Back in my wfh chair this morning.

Thanks

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kinda weird FB Saturday.....

Worked in yard, chainsawed a couple dying trees, mowed lawn, Then got ready to go to FB game. Drank a beer in driveway b4 heading over to lot 5. They coulda parked double the number of cars in that lot and still no one would be beside each other...,couple beers in lot with some chips/salsa, then went in NOT DURING MY ASSIGNED TIME! No line at all??
Enjoyed game, had seats near field instead of UO. Nice perspective. Tigs 1st teasers and some 2nds are highly studly!
Cleared brush in woods around the casa on Sunday....

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Sep 21, 2020, 8:00 AM

Very meh.

Solid, yet lacking some excitement.

Sep 21, 2020, 8:12 AM

Friday, one of our team begged me to set up a vendor call and the only available time slot was 4:30, and he was 15 minutes late jumping on the call so the weekend didn't start until 5:30. ON A FRIDAY. Ran over to Mom's to get the mail in sine they were at Clemson, came home and started drinking beer and made a homemade pizza. Watched Devil All The Time on Netflix, which was good but one of those movies where you just know the novel had to be FAR better.

Saturday, Joonyer and his fiance left for Clemson so I kept their two dogs, so we had a three dog gameday...which would be a great name for a band. Had a blast with the pups, watched game, Mrs. made her killer Spanish tortilla for supper. Lounged around with pups and flipped between football games. Joonyer came to pick up pups around 11:00 so tried to find something to watch on TV before giving up and going to bed.

Sunday, a few chores, long hike with the pup, the Mrs. and I went to run errands and hit the grocery. Put groceries away then ran back out to the pet stores looking for an insulated winter shelter for Mr. Kitty but nobody had anything. Guess I'll have to make one or order one. Back home to play bass for about an hour, Mrs. cooked NY strips and home fries for supper. Spent some time looking around the internet for investment properties since Joonyer flipped a house Friday and we're going in on the next one together. Flipped on second half of the Pats/Seahawks and watched until the end. Now I can at least say I've watched some NFL this year.

Had a blast with the pups, enjoyed watching the math tutors and international student debate team get snaps in the game Saturday, but not exactly a weekend to base my next movie ###### on. Solid 18.5/19 Covids.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty, pretttaaay. pretttttaaaaayyy good

Sep 21, 2020, 8:13 AM

Friday: left early and drive down to Mt. Pleasant to set up for scokker action. Found the fields and ordered from the Tatooed Moose. Got the Thanksgiving sammy and duck fat fries and braised short rib chili. All was delicious, chili was sublime and I can't eat regular fries any more.

Saturday: up EARLY coached four games, grabbed lunch at Boxcar Betty's, and after eating the chicken sandwich I found I could levitate objects WITH MY MIND. Holy #### that's a delicious sandwich. CFA will no longer cut it. Coach two games SIMULTANEOUSLY (thanks tournament director), drained af, went and watched my daughter play. We were tired af, so we got take away pizza off a place in Daniel Island.

Sunday: up EARLY again, coached a couple of matches, watch daughter's team play and we ate at the Vicious Bisquit which was very good but too much food. Headed home, where I collapsed and was as useful as an aero dictionary.

11/10 amazeballs I would be much fatter if I lived in the CHS area

It had been a while since I had been to Mt. Pleasant, the traffic on 17 is horrendous, the bikers are obnoxious ands so are those radar speed limit signs. I drove by the Kickin' Chicken yesterday and I have never seen so many grown ### men wearing NFL jerseys, and it was all teams from up north with one Cowboys one. It's a gorgeous place to be but I could not do it.

Sorry fluffhead definitely will meet up next time

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a fun weekend. Good for you.

Sep 21, 2020, 8:16 AM

I know nothing about soccer, but one thing I always assumed is that coaching soccer is similar to herding cats.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Y'all keep hatin on CFA

Sep 21, 2020, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Pretty, pretttaaay. pretttttaaaaayyy good ]

They don't give a ####. They gonna get theirs

Good Times.

Sep 21, 2020, 8:13 AM

Shot a Coyote on Saturday morning. Shot a 140lb doe Saturday evening.
Installed some 2" butcher block counter tops in our laundry room to finish off the new cabinets.
Also installed the baseboards and shoe molding. Looks pretty good.
Cut grass at my place and at my dad's. 6 or so acres in all.
Drank some beer, wine, and liquor. Ate some decent food.
Watched Back to the Future 1-3 with my daughter. She's now obsessed with those movies.
Watched the first 5 or so episodes of Cobra Kai. I like it a alot.
Watched the Clemson game.

Maybe stop being so lazy and watching so much TV

Sep 21, 2020, 8:24 AM

There is a whole world out there, you know.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe stop being so lazy and watching so much TV

Sep 21, 2020, 8:27 AM

Had some good lulz with the kids.

Sep 21, 2020, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Good Times. ]

I was loading the doe on the cargo carrier on my wife's explorer's trailer hitch.
It was too heavy for my puny self to pick it up, so I had to get creative to get it on the back of the explorer.
I put the back legs on it first, and had it turned like it was "presenting itself" doggy style.
My son is staring at it and says, "dang daddy, she THICC".

My kids kept calling everything a "glizzy" this weekend. I think it's some internet meme-slang for a hotdog or something like that. We had fun with it. Wife didn't think it was nearly as funny as we did.

He and I drove the deer up to Prosperity to the processor that night. I had the music on Lithium with the volume turned down. I guess the song "Detachable #####" was playing but I didn't notice. My boy was sitting over there trying not to laugh when I noticed it. I said, "you want to listen to this song?" He said, "HECK NO!" "Detachable Glizzy"

Re: Good Times.

Sep 21, 2020, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Good Times. ]

How do you pull all of that off? The first beer would make it so I wouldn't do 90% of any of that.

Multitasking.

Sep 21, 2020, 8:43 AM

I was drunk during most of this.

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Sep 21, 2020, 8:15 AM

Too short, this new job is not where I want to be but times is hard so for now its what I do

Friday after work I watched a movie with fianceeof

Saturday I worked all day Not sure what happened Saturday night other than making the sex

Sunday we spent the day in Cataloochee chasing elk around the valley. not much action except for all of the walking we did. The road past the school has been washed out, down to large rocks and even drain pipes are visible. We saw 3 bulls a few spikes and maybe 20-24 cows.

Rivery.

Sep 21, 2020, 8:17 AM

Headed up to Lumber River State Park on Friday morning after betching about weather all week that was going to ruin our river trip. It rained on the way up, got there around noon, and didn't see another drop. Matter of fact, it was overcast and 60s for all of Friday and Saturday--really can't ask for better paddling weather. Sun came out on Sunday for our last couple miles/2 hours of paddling before pulling out (huhuhuhuh). Also, the 100% deet I applied on Friday must have worn off by Sunday, because I got chewed the fuck up by skeeters and what was probably a spider that got up the back of my shirt that morning, and bit me 12+ times all over my back. And some chiggers on my arm.

Anyway, quality trip, glad we didn't bail because of weather. 26 miles over 3 days.

This looks like a painting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rivery.

Sep 21, 2020, 8:24 AM

Other than the bites, that sounds awesome.

Re: Rivery.

Sep 21, 2020, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Rivery. ]

Other than the bites, that sounds awesome.

Lovely photos. I especially like that one of that tubemeat

Sep 21, 2020, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Rivery. ]

on your grill.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Footbally....

Sep 21, 2020, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Rivery. ]

Tigers won, Steelers won, fantasy team won - so 100% on football

Friday - brought home Jersey Mike's - ate too much - went to bed
Saturday - wife-of tried to get me to do a bunch of BS - successfully resisted - throw football with son-of, watched Tigers play, watched more football, made wings, bed
Sunday - wife-of tried to get me to do a bunch of BS - successfully resisted almost all of it - hip hurting from Saturday yard football 'cause old - went grocery shopping, watched NFL with son-of, saw Barkley get hurt...said prayers for fantasy team - fantasy team won on the back of Josh Allen, and Nick Chubby, confirmed again that Texans need a new coaching staff, made steaks, bed

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oops***

Sep 21, 2020, 9:39 AM

It was okay.

Sep 21, 2020, 8:17 AM

Friday: Ate leftovers, bought some winter peas and worked on deer stand

Saturday: Worked a little. Worked over at pond some and deer stand. Watched CLEMSON football, hunted, grilled chicken, watched race and football.

Sunday: Slept in til 9 a.m. Mom came over for lunch, picked up MfOjr. finished working on stand, all that is left is to move and put up. Planted more food plot with jr. Caught a couple of insects for his science project. Watch golf. Grilled Salmon and potato's, steamed broccoli and helped with ELA's test with Jr.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friday worked then dropped off my birks at the asian guy who

Sep 21, 2020, 8:19 AM

claims he can fix them for $20. Hopefully Mr. Lee delivers on his promise. If not, RIP Birks and I will have to buy a new pair. I think we went to Riverwalk to ride bikes and run, not really sure.

Slept in a little saturday, back to Riverwalk to bike and run some more. Bought son a new bike after we were finished, should be in by Halloween. It is a Trek Wahoo 26 and he better take good care of it. I threatened to sell bikes on the Craigslist if he doesn't take good care of it since there is a high demand right now (reason we are buying new, keep striking out used). Lunch then home to cut the front yard and side yard. Watch football, drink a beer or two, cut the backyard at halftime and 3rd quarter, didn't miss much. Got a wild hair to go hiking on Sunday so we started planning that and cleaning up around the house.

Up Sunday and drove to Mt. Mitchell State Park. Parked near the summit, but hiked down and around the mountain and back up to the summit. Probably close to 5 miles total, GPS said around 4 but I kept stopping it when we would take a break and kept forgetting to restart it. Anyways, about 1000 ft of climbing after we got to the horse trail, wore the kids and the two dogs out. The trails were very empty, but the pathway to the summit was FULL of out of shape landwhales looking to see nature and struggling to go 300 yards from the car to the summit. As you can see from the photos, Greenr was in shorts and a t-shirt, the people who didn't hike were wearing puffy jackets and long pants. Afterwards we went to Asheville Brewing for late lunch and a couple beers. Drove home and watched some NFL highlights. Off to sleeps and back at it again.

8/10, would do again other than all the driving on Sunday.

More TOTE1 quality photos

Sep 21, 2020, 8:22 AM
Mitchell4.jpg(354.3 K)
Mitchell6.jpg(364.7 K)
Mitchell7.jpg(296.1 K)

jklol, I cannot photo

I only see three kids in those picture?

Sep 21, 2020, 9:48 AM

I guess yall split up into multiple groups?

Also, what happened to your Birks???? They're brand freaking new! You just got them!

Oh man

Sep 21, 2020, 9:52 AM

wore them to the beach at night, it rained on us, got salty, sandy, and wet and some of the glue came apart. Hopefully it is an easy fix. Dude's shop says Birk repair on the window (with other shoe brands) so hopefully he knows how to make them work.

What's with the long shorts?

Sep 21, 2020, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Friday worked then dropped off my birks at the asian guy who ]

Based on previous postings, those look like capri pants next to what I was hoping for, I mean, expecting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those are the shortest Baggies Patagonia makes

Sep 21, 2020, 11:42 AM

for men.

Sheesh man, I had Patagucci stand-ups at CU that

Sep 21, 2020, 1:03 PM

looked about 2" shorter than that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Busier than I thought it would be

Sep 21, 2020, 8:37 AM

fleet car came in Friday. Gonna be a nice little bump in the budget. Gonna start taking wife of's car to work. $20 fill up vs. $40 and I'll go a week and a half on her tank vs. 5 days on mine. Score.

Saturday: Front load washer and dryer came in. I ####### hate it. Too many buttons. Got to bend over like I'm dancing at the Platinum Club. Gonna start working on a platform to make it higher and not throw out my back for no singles. Watched the game on the pallet deck, grilled a ton of meat, firepit smores, drank way too much and ended up black out drunk. Great family night.

Sunday: Defrosted the deep freezer. Found meat I forgot we had. Moved the deep freezer to the garage and rearranged the laundry room.

Overall, quarantine weekend wasn't so bad.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Enjoy it while you can

Sep 21, 2020, 8:46 AM

When somebody gets around to checking the tracker she’ll be unemployed and carless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Did your freezer fart when you pulled your meat out of it?***

Sep 21, 2020, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Busier than I thought it would be ]

few highlights

Sep 21, 2020, 9:15 AM

Fri - weekly dawghater2fam steak night. drank some cocktails, sheet wrastled

Sat - woke up a little hungover, watched golf and football. smoked some wangs and duck poppers

Sun - took dog for a walk, rolled the eff out of my ankle. smoked some pork tenderloins.

ankle all swolt up and purple. hope it goes down and is nothing serious but hurts like a sombitch this mawn

Hi, yes,

Sep 21, 2020, 9:23 AM

what's a duck popper and may I have them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

jalapeno popper + duck

Sep 21, 2020, 9:40 AM

half jalapeno, cream cheese, slice of duck breast, shredded cheese, wrap it in bacon and stick it with a tooth pick or a skewer.

smoked at about 275 for +/- 2 hrs

Hi, yes

Sep 21, 2020, 9:38 AM [ in reply to few highlights ]

What is sheet wrasslin and how do I get some?

You don't want any of that.***

Sep 21, 2020, 9:49 AM

Footbally....

Sep 21, 2020, 9:39 AM

Tigers won, Steelers won, fantasy team won - so 100% on football

Friday - brought home Jersey Mike's - ate too much - went to bed
Saturday - wife-of tried to get me to do a bunch of BS - successfully resisted - throw football with son-of, watched Tigers play, watched more football, made wings, bed
Sunday - wife-of tried to get me to do a bunch of BS - successfully resisted almost all of it - hip hurting from Saturday yard football 'cause old - went grocery shopping, watched NFL with son-of, saw Barkley get hurt...said prayers for fantasy team - fantasy team won on the back of Josh Allen, and Nick Chubby, confirmed again that Texans need a new coaching staff, made steaks, bed

Absolutely Amazing

Sep 21, 2020, 9:48 AM

lots of running, playing with kids, food, beer, liquor and #####.

10/10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fri - really can't remember,

Sep 21, 2020, 11:20 AM

so must not have been that exciting

Sat - played golf. Group we played with included Scott Brown, Matt Nesmith, at least 3 other former touring pros. Needless to say I lost. Made my $50 donation but won $30 back playing emergency nine after. Went to friends house afterward. May have been a mistake as I kept drinking and by the end of the night I was uhhhhh.....well overserved.

Sun - watched US Open. Not much else other than recovery and going out for takeout for lunch and supper.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Matt Nesmith

Sep 21, 2020, 11:29 AM

was by far the most talented of all The Monkees.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not too shabby...

Sep 21, 2020, 11:45 AM

Packed baby and wife into car and drove to Boone Friday. Arrived at wife's high school friend's house around 7:30 - had dinner and played with baby and their big ### pyrenees dog who it turns out thinks two year olds are the best. Put baby to bed and hung out with friends for a bit before going to bed for a relatively early morning.

Got up Saturday with baby and hung out with friends upstairs while wife slept in. Ate breakfast and then went to hike about 5 miles to some historic place in blowing rock. Carried two year old in a baby carrier pack on my back which I bought because hiking is part of my stop being fat plan. Went back to friend's house and watched App State and Clemson - I was happier than they were with the results. Then homemade pizza for dinner. Stayed up half the night playing counselor with my wife's high school best friend about some stuff going on with her family. Wife was there for about half of it before bailing and going to sleep. I drank way too much vodka but spaced it out over so much time it never really hit me.

Sunday, woke up and told wife like three things I learned about her best friend's first husband and son that she had never even heard before. Cooked breakfast for everyone and then hiked around their property a bit with 2 year old who wanted to walk of the side of the #### mountain constantly, then hung out with friends for a while longer and then packed the car and headed to blowing rock for lunch at the speckled trout. Good restaurant but I ordered ######. Wife had a roast been sandwich that could have used a little more horseradish and the fries were on point. Kids meal was a soupy cup of chicken and dumplings with a side of watermelon. Flavor was amazing but weird to make it a soup. I had the fried chicken sadndwich - chicken was pretty flavorless, but the slaw was excellent.

Then drove to Florence to pick up step-kids and then home.

Weird but good weekend.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

purty good, bike, beer, booty and ball, no boat. went for a

Sep 21, 2020, 12:02 PM

ride to run some errands saturday morning then over to future son-in-law's house to watch the game. tried to go out fishing after church sunday but didn't get far from the dock before realizing that the wind had kicked up one hell of a chop, oh well another day.

Welp, the Tigers won & the Panthers lost but I didn't die.

Sep 21, 2020, 12:47 PM

Late to the game today.

Basically watched football Sattidy and golf Sunday. Had a bad case of acid reflux that wiped me out.

1.1/10 (+6.33 for the Tigers 1st half) would not dew again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Replies: 44
| visibility 597
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic