Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Apr 27, 2020, 7:56 AM

Friday night, stayed in, ate some sort of leftovers, watched a movie on The Last Drive In with Joe Bob Briggs.

Saturday, did some work around the house and continued with Joe Bob movies.

Sunday, out and about to get my nephews's birthday present. Man, I guess since there are still not many places else to go the home improvement stores are still packed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

better than yours

Apr 27, 2020, 7:59 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Moved into new casa! I am now and forever a Clemsonite!

Apr 27, 2020, 8:01 AM

Technically a Centrallian, since in the Central zip code, but equa-distant from both. Beautifully quiet and dark out here in the countryside. Fresh deer tracks in yard every morn. Still lotta boxes to unpack and moar landscaping to do, but
Life is Good!

Tie down that mulch good ya hear?!?

Apr 27, 2020, 8:07 AM

;)

Congratulations! I’ve very very excited and very very jealous

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Quiet

Apr 27, 2020, 8:05 AM

Friday took the Mrs on a drive around the county and stopped by Tyger River Smart Farms to pick up some fresh lettuce (Clemson grad normally only sells wholesale to restaurants selling off his loading dock on Fridays check it out if you’re near Reidville) good stuff

Saturday grilled burgers and spent most of the afternoon on the deck
Rode out the storms with no damage

Sunday chilled on the deck

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

B O R I N G

Apr 27, 2020, 8:07 AM

pulled out N64 and tried to get it to work - I even found a cable to convert the N64 to Samsung input, but to no avail.

Did watch some of the MJ "Last Dance" stuff - it was on while I was doing something else, so I am going to have to go back and rewatch it - good stuff.

Got my bike tires pumped up and did a few laps around the neighborhood.

Time to do an inventory of the fridge and get an Instacart online order together.

Yawn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Apr 27, 2020, 8:09 AM

Stayed busy with home projects. Took every opportunity to GTFO.

Her: We're out of toothpicks.
Me: I'm on it honey. See you in about an hour.
Her: We don't need....
Door: Slams.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad i'm not the only one.***

Apr 27, 2020, 9:15 AM

Virus free

Apr 27, 2020, 8:11 AM

Friday - kids and I went to a super cool park in Ann Arbor, had a picnic lunch and froze to death. Chipotle for dinner.

Saturday - played outside all day, I mean ALL day. It was amazing. Took the kids bike riding and then grabbed burgers for lunch. Flank steak on the grill, twas glorious, might have just gotten lucky as I am no grill master.

Sunday - good run, good breakfast. Back outside all day. Took kids to my buds farm, they ran around the farm and had a blast while we drank beers. Gathered lots of sticks and I cut up a locust that had fallen for a bonfire that we will have tonight (Monday). I got really really really vodka drunk.

Monday - woke up early, getting work done - no drinking today. My body needs a break. Back outside with the kids all day while checking into work and TNet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We hit County Farm Park a few times in past with kiddos

Apr 27, 2020, 1:02 PM

Then drive over to Sidetrack Grill in Ypsilanti for some burgers and trains, then automotive museum.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got another Friday off

Apr 27, 2020, 8:13 AM

Went fishing with my dad, put 36 fish in the boat. Picked up pizza for dinner and watched Swiss family Robinson.

Saturday - made it 1/2 way through cutting grass and baffle broke loose...I didn't even know there was such a thing as a baffle, I was baffled. Went to in-laws an FIL and I cut up two big trees from storm damage. BBQ for dinner.

Sunday - Church over youtubes, stayed home and played outside, barbecured burgers and weiners

Watched several episodes of The Last Kingdom. Every night dreaming about Saxons and Danes.

Thanks joetigerny

Also got another one, Tickle_It

Got another wut?***

Apr 27, 2020, 11:55 AM

Re: Got another wut?***

Apr 27, 2020, 12:00 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/5-in-one-month-27151213

Apr 27, 2020, 8:27 AM

5/10

I spent the weekend trying to match the stain I used on the wood trim in my project car. One piece didn't finish to suit me so I had to remove the zebrano veneer, replace, restain and refinish it.

I mixed stain for four days including Fri, Sat and Sun. I got one batch I thought would work and stained the piece. It took about two hours to see it did not match the rest of the trim well enough to suit me.

Sunday I realized there's no way I'd work for an anil person like me.

The good, I felt well enough to get out and work.
The bad, I suck at matching custom stain.
The ugly, that piece I've veneered three times and ruined four times.

5/10 Wood dew again until I get it right.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but [redacted for compassion]

Apr 27, 2020, 8:33 AM

pretty meh. I did take a shower.

Enjoyed the weather on the dock. Fed some catfish who were smart enough to avoid the hook.

7/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Just figured out I have to remove your brackets

Apr 27, 2020, 9:02 AM

[] to read your post. Sorry if I haven't pointed you since you've been doing that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A slight uptick in the action over the last few weeks.

Apr 27, 2020, 8:53 AM

Friday, was kind of glad to see the work week end, in spite of the economy being shut down, my department has managed to stay busy. I think it took a while for folks to get used to moving jobs through workflow, but I was pretty busy most of the day and it went quick. Knocked for beers around 4, and kicked back to watch the Blackberry Smoke live stream at 5, and the Clutch live stream at 6. Made a pizza, turned out to be one of my best yet in spite of using a pre-made crust. Watched through live streams until I got bored of looking at the computer and watched Here Alone on Netflix. Really good zombie flick, but not in the traditional sense. The zombies hardly made an appearance as this was much more a psychological thriller than zombie movie.

Saturday, typical lazy Saturday morning, finally got motivated to stroll the pup and ran into a guy that I met from the neighborhood up the road via pandemic walks. Stood on either side of the road and chatted with him for almost an hour while the pup ran up on the d a m, dude has been in the radio business his whole life and we talked music. Back in for some lunch, then sat down for a few hours and ran through a blues bass course I found for free, then worked up a few new tunes for when the band gets back together. Played for a few hours, then one of motorcycle enthusiast pals I hadn't seen in a while made a surprise visit. Sat out on the patio and drank beer until dark, and it was glorious to hang out drinking with someone. It was late and Mrs. and I were buzzed, so threw a microwave dinner together in minutes...first time that's happened since society collapsed. Watched Austin City Limits then Festival express again on Qello, then crashed.

Sunday, slept until 9am, never heard an alarm and couldn't tell you the last time I was even able to do that. Got up and walked pup, did chores, sat on the patio and hung out with the cat for a while, then went and played bass for a couple of hours. I've put off going to the grocery store for over 2 weeks, kinda had to go get some items so knocked that out. Food Lion had everything on my list including meat. No limits there, so got enough to get me by for a while. Came home and made mesquite pork chops and Spanish rice, watched BJ Barham from American Aquarium live stream, he played the entire Burn.Flicker.Die album and told the stories of each song. If you're not listening to him/them, you're missing out on one of the most intelligent, literate, and intensely personal songwriters in the business today. Afterward, I flipped channels until I landed on Struggle Meals on the Tastemade Channel. Probably the best and most useful cooking show on TV right now. Finally crashed around 11:30.

Still not a weekend that lived up to my typical epic levels, but certainly worthy of an acceptable 17.5/19 COVIDS.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I cannot express how excited I am for the Capricorn EP.***

Apr 27, 2020, 9:35 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2020, 9:12 AM

Relaxing.

Friday picked up a couple cast iron pieces the wife bought off FB Marketplace. Threw them in a bag each after a spray of yellow top. Ordered out ching-chong for dinner.

Saturday worked in the yard at the new house and a little bit inside still unpacking. Checked the new cast iron and it turns out whoever wife bought them from had stripped them pretty good already but done a turrible job reseasoning them. Got them both cleaned up with minimal effort and one is a Wagner 1053 small skillet and the other is a #8 Vollrath smooth bottom which is a make i didn't already have.

Started reseasoning them both (properly) Saturday afternoon. Made fried chicken, mashed taters and Brussel slaw for dinner and finished the CI seasoning. Both turned out nicely but there is a little haze in the Vollrath that i think will work itself out with time and usage.

Sunday: Too hot to work in the yard so off to Lowes and got the rest of the blinds to replace the ###### 1" UDP blinds that were in some of the rooms in the new house and spent the day replacing those. Plus got some new terlit seats that don't slam and switched those out. Managed not to vomit in the process. Ordered out Aye-talian for dinner and made it through about 15 minutes of "Outer Banks" before i had to turn it off.

Pretty good.

Apr 27, 2020, 9:18 AM

Friday: Took the kids fishing.

Saturday: Relaxed until the town had a parade for the seniors.

Sunday: Yard day. Planted a lot of flowers, fixed the chicken coop, grilled.

Not bad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I bet it was a really short parade.

Apr 27, 2020, 9:34 AM

Old people can't really walk all that far before tiring, you know.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good...

Apr 27, 2020, 9:26 AM

Friday night was take out chinese - tried to support a local joint but they are all shut down and red bowl was the only option. They kind of suck. Wish Miyo's was still kicking out this way. Watched Catfish for the first time and it was good.

Saturday, did a long walk with baby in the stroller to start the day. Worked around the house and cleaned out kids rooms. Turns out Goodwill is open but they are full up on toys because everyone else had the same idea. Bought a bunch of stuff to fix up the house some - ignored the yard since landscaper was coming. Grilled chicken and made a salad and some of those cheddar bay biscuits for dinner. Good Stuff. Watched the Prince tribute with the kids, only the 19 months old cared much, she's the only one who likes good music. The oldest boy likes some too I guess, but he's too much of a pill to sit for any length of time not involving his buddies. Everyone else is into bad pop and bad country music. So right now there's only one getting anything in the will, maybe two. Watched Tusk for the first time. So weird but I was compelled to keep watching just because the cast was amazing. A weird premise with a weird ###### can be compelling just by being well acted.

Sunday - hit McD's drive thru on the way to Drive in church. After church we came home and put the baby down for a nap. Went and exercised for about 40 minutes and then to Home Depot for some Herbs. Came home and hung out and had a few beers on the back porch. Subs for dinner and bed early.

No fooling around until this morning. But worth the wait.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Started work on making a new dining room table.

Apr 27, 2020, 9:40 AM

Building it using reclaimed 2x4s. Sawing them down into 1.75" Long pieces, trimming off the sides, and prepping them to be placed in a herringbone pattern with the end grain up. Once I get them done, I'm going to dip the ends in 1 of three colors of stain and then glue all of them together with the random stain and endgrain patterns. After that, it'll be trimming it down to the final dimensions of 90"x42" and then covering it all with a bar-top epoxy. finally, I'll take a pass on it with a roundover bit, and attach the metal trapezoid-shaped legs.

The project is already taking a lot longer than I've wanted it to, but I've really needed to have a plan for all of it.
As it stands right now, I'm still in the sourcing wood pahse, as I'm finding I need more 2x4s that I had originally thought. Still, I think that this whole thing is going to come out really well once It's finished.

This sounds tedious, but should look really cool.***

Apr 27, 2020, 9:48 AM

it's hella repetitive.

Apr 27, 2020, 10:00 AM

Running every piece through multiple times, and having to be extra vigilant so you don't lose a finger to the table saw makes it pretty stressful, but still, It's gonna be a $1000 table made from about $350 worth of materials.

Rough Project budget:
Legs: $150
Epoxy: $65 (Bet I'll go over here)
Lumber: $80
Stain: $60-80 (3 quarts or so. Expecting it to take all of it because end grain soaks up stain)

Would the compound miter saw not be better for the cuts?***

Apr 27, 2020, 10:14 AM

Re: Would the compound miter saw not be better for the cuts?***

Apr 27, 2020, 10:31 AM

I assume he's using the table saw for the part where he is "trimming the sides".

It's either that or buy nominal lumber from a lumber yard.

Exactly this.

Apr 27, 2020, 12:10 PM

The Miter saw is great for getting the rough cuts, but I need the fence to make sure all the blocks are as close to identical as possible. If not, the herringbone offset gets messed up.

Trapezoid....now there is a word

Apr 27, 2020, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Started work on making a new dining room table. ]

that is really cool, but rarely used. What a gem.

I am just going to run around saying trapezoid all day or finding places to add it into conversation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2020, 10:10 AM

Kind of sucked actually.

need a hug or something chainsawed?***

Apr 27, 2020, 10:13 AM

East coast party don't ever end......

Apr 27, 2020, 10:38 AM

Friday Watched westerns. Converted all my accounts to paperless. Made potato corn chowder and cornbread for Granny and SIL.

Saturday went to Columbia to change daughter's door locks. Had Arby's philly sammich for lunch. Made Pizza for Granny and SIL.

Sunday went mudding. Checked game cams. Bought Mexican food for Granny and SIL. For some reason someone in this thread is blocking me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pretty bad ###

Apr 27, 2020, 11:39 AM

spent the weekend at Hilton Head. played golf, chilled on the beach. driving home later today.

Not bad, but fought this shlt show on Saturday

Apr 27, 2020, 12:14 PM
IMG_1142.jpg(234.8 K)

What a friggin' mess. We got to take the boat out, but it seemed like everywhere I was, someone else in a boat needed to be there too. I went over near the battery and watched people who think nautical charts don't apply to them try to get too close to the battery on low tide, so that was entertaining to watch them run aground on large rocks.

When we got back to the ramp, one woman holding her boat to the dock was blocking one lane of the landing. I asked her if she could move to the other side of the dock, and she moved about 2 feet backwards.

Then she said "maybe you can ask the next guy in line if you jump in front of him and go in the other lane". My head almost exploded.

Lemme get this straight. You're blocking the entire landing, but you want me to go jump in front of someone who has been waiting to pull his boat out, so that you don't have to get off your fat asz and move your boat??

The entire world has turned into making their problem someone else's problem, and it's turning my hate for people up to about 11.

Last week the WND (who-er next door) let rubber mulch float down our street and doesn't care to clean up it. This week, she swept all the rest of the mulch to the end of her driveway...and didn't pick it up. Basically, she's thrown rubber mulch into the street. Her problem has now become everyone else's.

I hate people.

A solid 3/10 for the weekend because I got really drunk after going out on the boat, and had a hangover all day yesterday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic