Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BourbonNet (kinda)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 369

BourbonNet (kinda)

Jan 15, 2021, 1:52 PM

I slept on this bottle for a very long time. I never even gave it a second glance. Lately, people have been talking about it more and more on the bourbon dark web and instagram/blogs. A buddy of mine finally picked one up last week since it is on sale in Wake County this month. I lasted 5 days before I had to buy one. I went to two stores the other day with no luck, one today and left empty handed, then went to my final stop before grabbing it.

I do not like Jack Daniels. It is not for me in the slightest. But this bottle takes it to another level. If you are a fan of bananas, banana pudding, bananas foster, banana milkshakes, or anything else with banana in it... do yourself a favor and get yourself one of these. I promise its worth the price. Its the exact opposite of Stagg Jr, but possibly better. For every bit of cherry and dark notes that you get from STagg Jr, you get banana and light flavoring in this bottle.

Normally it runs for $69.99, but it was $64.99 this month. So worst case scenario, you don't like it and you have a really cool bottle.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: BourbonNet (kinda)

Jan 15, 2021, 2:09 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’d drink it.

Jan 15, 2021, 2:21 PM

If you paid for it. I’m too cheap.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I share all my bottles

Jan 15, 2021, 2:22 PM

So you're welcome to a pour of it next time you're in Raleigh and can provide your vaccination report card.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most sourmash smells like bananas when it's fermenting,

Jan 15, 2021, 2:30 PM

which is pretty fascinating to me. We did the Old Forester tour in 2019, and the huge fermenters smelled like they were full of bananas. It was just bananas, man. I haven't had the JDSB in probably a decade, but that was one of the first whiskies I ever tried drinking straight (well, with a cube). Drinking, not shooting, I mean. Should revisit for old time's sake.

Unrelated, but occasionally a true unicorn will hit the block at BSM. I'm not a Willett disciple, mostly because I can't afford to be, so I don't know all of the ins and outs of their history, but I DO know of the legend of the Green Ink bottles. A guy put this up yesterday, 22 Yr. WFE Rye, can't find the post so don't have pics of the back label of who the guy was who picked the barrel, but this was one of those unicorns. Bottled in '84, so distilled in '62.

Had all the nerds in a tizzy. Guy listed it for $15,000. Handful of people tried to talk him down to 12, 12.5, even 13. Within an hour or two, he got full price for it. Couple guys asked "is it worth it?" And the answer is obviously very subjective, with the biggest variable being "how much do you make?"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of the values I have been seeing on BSM lately

Jan 15, 2021, 2:48 PM

Are stupid ridiculous. Coronavirus has helped in people working from home, so they are more free to bounce around stores to collect some of the more "difficult" bottles to find (Stagg Jr, Blantons, OWA) and so forth. Blantons, for whatever reason, is up $20 on secondary since march. Some of the recent Stagg Jr's are reaching $180.

Our local secondary group got shutdown a few weeks back, but a guy brought out a massive collection of dustys and I believe asked for it to sold as a package deal. I think the values he put out were around $15k.

I have only had the 4 year WFE Green label and I really wasn't blown away by it. A friend of mine says it's his favorite rye, so we worked out a swap for his Stagg Jr Batch 13 for my green top WFE. Old Willett tho... I know thats probably magical potion. The most I have ever spent on a bottle was $220 for a bottle of EC18 because I searched for four years and finally realized it wasn't worth it anymore.

Replies: 5
| visibility 369
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic