Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Morning Tiger Family ! Those in the know on such matters,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,171

Morning Tiger Family ! Those in the know on such matters,

Nov 30, 2020, 9:29 AM

in these head coaching contracts - are there usually clauses that state the buyout stops once they get another job ?

I know all contracts are different, but what's the norm for these things ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

There is generally some kind of an off-set provision...

Nov 30, 2020, 9:31 AM

that could potentially reduce the amount of the buyout but not totally eliminate it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Here's a fairly decent article on this topic.......

Nov 30, 2020, 9:35 AM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/10/26/college-football-coach-salary-database-contract-buyout-language/92712348/

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

CDS - his buyout not mitigated or offset in any way. From

Nov 30, 2020, 9:43 AM

his side, that would be the way I would have to have it.

You fire me, you ended the contract, you pay the money & I'll do whatever I want to do & I'm not reporting back to you.

Could you imagine reporting back to your previous employer EVERY MONTH what you have been doing & how much money you are earning.

No way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,171
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic