Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
More than 5k dead in a day - redux
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

More than 5k dead in a day - redux

Feb 14, 2021, 9:32 AM
5443.png(71.5 K)

Deja vu.

flow0440 maybe you can help me out this time.

I am looking for a headline to report or explain more than 5k dead yesterday as reported at JHU.edu and NBC.

I search phrases like record daily covid deaths US and US daily death toll surpasses on Google and DuckDuckGo. The only articles on page 1 discussing the “horrifying” death toll (example verbiage) I see are pre-Biden.

If Trump were still POTUS, there would be unending MSM coverage of a new record tally of daily COVID deaths, dontcha think? Strange, no coverage now that Biden is POTUS.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/More-than-5k-dead-in-a-day-2057301

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: More than 5k dead in a day - redux

Feb 14, 2021, 9:39 AM

Still celebrating American deaths I see - patriotic boy.

Ohio. Added 4,000 old deaths.

Feb 14, 2021, 12:20 PM

Fact is deaths have been hidden all along. Mostly during Trump's term. Now Biden. Hiding deaths is bipartisan. I know that doesn't fit your worldview. But it is what it is.

And you can count on the media to spin it to the worldview of their viewers. Fox will say Trump did great and Biden has caused more deaths. CNN will say that we're only finding out now how bad Trump was.

Fact is governors control death data. And liberals and Pub governors have both hidden deaths. Get over it. And as for your elevated death counts to hurt Trump argument goes, it's BS.

https://www.recordherald.com/news/61121/ohio-health-dept-to-restructure-after-4k-unreported-deaths

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ohio. Added 4,000 old deaths.

Feb 15, 2021, 9:21 AM

Read the article. It is not very specific about what deaths were added which days. It says the day before the 12th they added 600 or 700. Not sure about the 12th itself, but it does seem like an abnormal spike.

I still ask why is this information (like the article you posted) is not out there more prominently. With cases going down it should be concerning that deaths are (or could be) going up...

Because, as you've all shown us so clearly, the reason

Feb 15, 2021, 9:42 AM

isn't important. Just report the deaths, sensationalize it, let the media slant it however they want. No one would care if every article said "Well, Ohio is filling in 4,000 backlogged deaths, so today we have ### Deaths".

However if you say "Record Covid Deaths Today", then you get people to freak out. Fox can blame Biden. Biden can blame the pub governor of Ohio. And it can still get all messy so the talking heads will have some "news" to talk about. And people will run and post the deaths all over the internet and use them to justify their political beliefs somehow.

Cases are declining. Hospitalizations are declining. Deaths are declining. Deaths are the numbers with the most lag, but they're going down too. So when you have a spike, with the other two indicators in decline, it makes you wonder, and it's usually a data issue. And that is where the governors are hiding things.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2021, 6:18 PM

joe gitting folks killed

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2021, 6:55 PM

Is this the Super Bowl bump we were supposed to see?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not real sure why you pulled me in on this...

Feb 15, 2021, 8:03 AM

I don't recall arguing that Trump was ever treated fairly by the MSM or that there wasn't sensationalism in the COVID coverage. [in fact I remember saying the opposite on here a few times]

I agree that the record deaths surpassing 5000 would likely have be a headline previously. I remember when it crossed 4000 a day in January and there was plenty of coverage on that.

With that said, I did see it talked about yesterday on cable news channels.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic