Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
More invented fake science coming to a school system
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 521

More invented fake science coming to a school system

Feb 18, 2021, 10:31 AM

near you. Maybe Tobias27772 could not come to grips with his role creating and reinforcing inequities in the school systems, and that is why he retired.

Specifically, the new standards, which will take effect in 2025, define a culturally responsive educator as, among other things, one who will "critically think about the institutions in which they find themselves, working to reform these institutions whenever and wherever necessary," as well as one who will "assess how their biases and perceptions affect their teaching practice and how they access tools to mitigate their own behavior (racism, sexism, homophobia, unearned privilege, Eurocentrism, ETC.)."

"Culturally responsive teachers and leaders understand that there are systems in our society that create and reinforce inequities, thereby creating oppressive conditions," the standards state. "Educators work actively against these systems in their everyday roles in educational institutions."

This is a great combo with the "math is racist" theory we heard about in Oregon (equitablemath.org).

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20210217/panel-approves-culturally-responsive-teaching-standards

A counterpoint support article:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/opinion/commentary/ct-opinion-culturally-responsive-teaching-standards-20210212-omicm3kohrg5ncqdfitjzjewai-story.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: More invented fake science coming to a school system

Feb 18, 2021, 10:34 AM

So, this is for the Illinois, not the "school system". If you meant that this would apply nationwide.

Second, what specifically is your beef here? Very curious after your pretty racist post yesterday.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Feb 18, 2021, 10:50 AM

Really, you don't see a pattern emerging over the past 5 or 10 years?

No, I guess not in your echo chamber. Of course the article is about the Chicago system, and of course I am suggesting it is like a liberal cancer that will spread.

You got kids? Maybe you can reflect on how the teachers your kids had perpetuated a systemically racist culture that is oppressive?

Or maybe your own teachers... Surely while you were a student, you recognized the oppression happening before your very own eyes.

Feb 18, 2021, 10:54 AM

I didn't argue that teachers have "perpetuated a systemically racist culture" to students. I'm pointing out your failure to realize that education really is local, on a state and community level, not federal.

Reading this, it appears they want teachers to recognize systemic problems, see if they can identity any that they harbor, and work to correct them.

Do you have a problem with a school system working to eliminate any potential racial inequalities? Wouldn't the teachers be the front line for that?

And did I have racist teachers in Spartanburg? You're #### right I did. Not most of them, but some. Maybe they were your favorites.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Feb 18, 2021, 11:12 AM

Of course education is local, but there certainly is influence nationally, like from Dept of Ed and teachers unions.

You are missing the entire point, and whether or not you are registered Rep doesn't matter - you have enormous liberal leanings if what you are writing is really your opinion.

The point is you and many others now are subscribing to critical race theory. This is exactly what is beneath the math is racist program and this type of teaching ideology.

CRT: "the view that the law and legal institutions are inherently racist and that race itself, instead of being biologically grounded and natural, is a socially constructed concept that is used by white people to further their economic and political interests at the expense of people of colour. According to critical race theory (CRT), racial inequality emerges from the social, economic, and legal differences that white people create between “races” to maintain elite white interests in labour markets and politics, giving rise to poverty and criminality in many minority communities."

So you are a CRT believer?

That didn't last long. Education sucks again.***

Feb 18, 2021, 10:35 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But man, what a great couple hours that was this morning.***

Feb 18, 2021, 10:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In 10 years, learning will be rassiss. Already rassiss to

Feb 18, 2021, 10:36 AM

do proper math. Science will be next.

Bill Gates and his ilk are the real white supremacists.

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Just when you thought...

Feb 18, 2021, 10:41 AM

Other challengers were making a strong play here for P&R's dumbest poster, cue the Crash theme music and watch as he struts in, climbs to the top rope, and delivers the Imbecile's Elbow right to their faces on P&R Raw.

Bill Gates and his ilk are the real white supremacists.

Lawd.

This is very on brand for you - mask is off, folks!***

Feb 18, 2021, 10:56 AM

I'm just wondering if you can reform the water enough

Feb 18, 2021, 10:59 AM

to make that horse you led to the trough drink from it......

I mean there are inequities in education. There are inequities in life. I can't do math for ####. My wife can't type a coherent paragraph. Trick is to find your little place in an unequal world where you can excel. It starts with knowing education is important. And instead of hand-wringing on unequal grades and knowledge and learning, try and find what everyone is best in, or worst as the case may be, and help them excel in that area. Education is not something given to you, it's something you do yourself. You are given a foundation, and are taught to read and write, and that's a gift I guess. But 90% of your "education" will be YOU using the basic tools given, to educate yourself. And it never stops. School is where it starts, but it continues until death if you do it right.

If we were all equal, we'd all agree on politics, be great cooks, and everyone would make an A on the test. Football players would get equal playing time. Everyone would make the same income. Sports would be boring. It's just not natural. You can't force equality without damaging the whole.

But that's life. So the best you can do is "Do your best". Cub scout motto. As long as you do your best, there's nothing wrong with that, ever. And when everyone does their best, the whole does better. But if you think things should be equal, you're set up to not do your best right off the bat. Don't try to be better than someone else in something, be the best you can be, drive yourself, and you will end up where you end up. And that will likely be below someone else, and above others. But that's the spot you made for yourself.

Just how I see it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm just wondering if you can reform the water enough

Feb 18, 2021, 11:15 AM

Tiggity® Agree 100%. But "the system" will soon disagree with you completely and label you as racist.

The common sense ideas you suggest are "the problem" according to the race hustlers today. You (and me, and Cat) are all the problem.

Feb 18, 2021, 2:03 PM

NC,

Let me start with this. Before you start climbing too deeply into educator's #####, try teaching a public school class for a month. I think you will learn more than your students in that time.

Every person in the education system is a human product of their environment. In an United States environment, we ALL have racial prejudices and baggage (some more than others). Therefor, the educational systems in this country reflects some of those prejudices. All this edict suggests is that educators take a moment to "stop their world" and consider whether their (& the system's) prejudices might be an obstacle to their diverse students' achievements. There is never a bad time for a little honest introspection. A more objective analysis of our personal prejudices could do us all a lot of good.

I went to school in the 1960's - at the height of integration - in Charleston, SC. ALL of the people in that educational system had their racial prejudices and baggage - far more pronounced than today. Do you think that my black classmates were treated equitably given recent history and the events of the day ? Obviously, there were problems and gaps in providing those black kids with the best education possible.

I use this example because I would hope that the inequities should be more conspicuous even to someone like you. Those types of disparity of treatment are far more subtle than they use to be (thank goodness) but they still exist. And they can still be a hinderance to the education of some of our young people. As such, they should be examined and eliminated where possible.

Any true educator wants the best possible outcome for their students. To accomplish that they have to meet their students where they are and help them to move onward and upward. A motivated and self-reflective teacher will, over time, see that some of their assumptions about life and education do not serve all of their students (and maybe are not as true as one might have thought). When one learns to evaluate young people on their individual actions rather than presumptions, they will find themselves amazed at what some of these kids can accomplish.

George Patton said, “Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.” This is the essence of true teaching - be open to diverse ways for them to reach their goals. And don't let any of your cultural baggage get in their way.

Some people on this board want to think that racial prejudice is over in this country. At the very least, they want to minimize or ignore it. Well, I am sorry, but racial prejudice is still a significant part of this country's makeup (It has gotten better in my lifetime, but it is still far from equitable). An education is still firmly entrenched in that prejudiced society.

It is of paramount importance for our efforts at equity to be led by the educational system. It is here that we can have the most significant & positive impact on our kids and thus our collective future. There may be instances where I think some people's self-examinations are off-target, but the idea of self-reflection as a whole is a good idea.

Replies: 12
| visibility 521
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic