Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Monte said the team is “not disappointed in the draw at all.”
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Monte said the team is “not disappointed in the draw at all.”

May 29, 2018, 8:01 AM

He said kier Meredith hit off the tee yesterday and felt good. Says he will swing again tomorrow and Thursday and they’ll reevaluate him from there. Monte says he is “well aware that they need to get out of a home regional. The fans will be very disappointed if we don’t.”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Monte said the team is “not disappointed in the draw at all.”

May 29, 2018, 8:11 AM

It’s a shame but it’s pretty much a lost year for kier. Injuries have really screwed him this year. Hopefully he fully heals in the off season and becomes our all acc lead off hitter we all know he can be.

you can't back your way into a national seed

May 29, 2018, 8:38 AM

i don't understand the misunderstanding by people on this board. We lost to the other team that was competing for that spot. And they won the conference. They deserved it we didn't. But the good news is we have a chance at redemption b/c we'll get another crack at them if we both win out. Getting a regional is very big as well. We're right where we want to be folks.

Re: you can't back your way into a national seed

May 29, 2018, 9:24 AM

El Tigre,

I believe the disappointed with the selection committee is not with the FSU seeding, but the fact that less wins, 0-2 ACC tournament (UNC) team got the nod over the Tigers. Equally disappointing is the fact that Ray Tanner had a seemingly big hand in it and could not really backup the decision to leave Clemson out of the top 8.

That is what you are seeing, ET.

this kinda reminds me of the fans on the football side

May 29, 2018, 10:32 AM

that said even if we lost the ACC championship to Miami that we will be in the top 4 anyway. Which wouldn't have happened either. We lose that game we don't make the top 4 nor should we. I would have taken it if they gave it out but you don't, nor should you back in to the playoff. You gotta win the big ones...because they're big games and they're usually your last impression to the committee.

no offense- I think Clemson should have been 1st of any ACC

May 29, 2018, 10:08 AM [ in reply to you can't back your way into a national seed ]

team taken(if they took any) but at this point it doesn't really matter-- it is what it is but saying FSU won the conference, they deserve to go is ridiculous. They get the autobid but they won a glorified exhibition. It's essentially a single elimination format so that the coaches can save pitching for the regional, it's not designed to produce the best team. CU and FSU went 2-2 against each other -- 1-FSU win went what?.... 13 innings, the other they won with 2 outs in the 9th. The teams are pretty even but Clemson finished 5.5 games, yes that's right, 5.5 games ahead of FSU in the standings. Factor in the tourney and they finished 4 games above FSU. That is a huge gap. Clemson also finished ahead of UNC in conf wins/% once the tourney played out and substantially ahead of them in overall. CU was unlucky based on SOS-- FSU and UNC ended up with better RPIs based on who they played but both essentially lost the bulk of those games. FSU 0-4 vs FL but yet that helps their RPI/SOS. UNC losing series to USF, ECU, going 0-1 vs Coastal, etc.

I get all that but the nuts and bolts of when a selection

May 29, 2018, 10:21 AM

committee is hashing out razor thin margins the nod will go to the team that won in the conference tourney and especially when its head to head. Not to mention FSU put the cherry on top with the "exhibition" win over Louisville. To argue the contrary is basically just banter.

We gotta quit with this entitlement crap. It was very simple. You beat FSU you probably win the ACC and get your National Seed. If you lose you probably are not getting it. UNC got in b/c they were initially ranked ahead of the other teams in the ACC. They lost game one yes but apparently that didn't wane as much in the minds of the committee. Could've went either way i guess but it is what it is..its in front of us now, when have as good of a chance as anyone and lets plow through.

Somebody mentioned it yesterday that we whine alot as fans when we should be overjoyed that we have such a good team. No one is conspiring in the committee to take us down a notch. Thats a loser mentality of someone who's already getting their excuses ready. You can't have it all all the time. Sometimes you gotta go prove it. If they're wrong then that means we go to FSU and win after this regional is over.

Re: I get all that but the nuts and bolts of when a selection

May 29, 2018, 11:58 AM

Hosting a Super is important. The argument is not that FSU made a Nat Seed and Clemson didn't. It is that UNC also got a Nat Seed with a poor showing in the Tourney and worse final conf and overall record. I know UNC lost to Coastal, UNCW, ECU and USF. So, who did they beat that was the difference maker, NCSt, who also wasn't around in the conf semis?

Time to do away with conf tourney or only take tourney champs! At least change the format. Maybe UNC and Clemson would be around at the end of a True double elimination tourney and the seeding would be decided on the field.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic