Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Missing that extra motivation factor this season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Missing that extra motivation factor this season

Jan 3, 2021, 10:07 AM

Not sure if this has been discussed on here since the lost (I’m sure it has) but we were really missing that extra motivation factor for playoff time both last year and especially this year. Last year Dabo tried to push the aww shucks no one believes in us narrative but no one was really buying it. The years we won were a revenge game for narrowly getting beaten by Bama the year before and then 2018 everyone and their momma was talking crap about how we didn’t belong in the playoff and couldn’t match up and the guys came out to prove something. Look at Ohio St. since the game last year they have eaten, breathed, whined, dreamed, and beaten their buck eye to one thing and that was whooping us because they felt slighted last year. They basically had a one game season because anything else didn’t matter that’s why they wanted to play just enough games to get in.

My point is two things 1. Hopefully taking two bad losses will have the guys next year fired up to prove that Clemson hasn’t dropped off because come playoff time all we are going to hear is how bad we got beat by Ohio state this year. And 2. We need some real energetic leaders to emerge and get some fire back in the team. This years team was one of the flattest on the sidelines and during the game between plays and areas like that, that I have ever seen. I think Breesee was the closet thing I saw to past players.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Missing that extra motivation factor this season

Jan 3, 2021, 10:11 AM

It did not help that our head coach gave the other team a reason to want to stomp our ###. I hope Dabo learned a lesson, and next time vote your opponent number 1 no matter who we are playing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 10:46 AM

Agree. Don't vote at all and you don't have to defend anything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was another thing I was going to add

Jan 3, 2021, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Missing that extra motivation factor this season ]

I agree and I wish he would have not played into the
Media with it so much and fired them up even more. He should know how much that kind of stuff burns players up it’s exactly what he loves to use and is a master at creating, this time he created for the other team. It was a double edged sword statement. If we lose he looks like a chump and everyone says he helped motivate the other team by disrespecting them. If we win we are all laughing at OSU and saying it’s just dabo being dabo and it’s why he’s the best etc, etc. I get voting them 11 because of the number of games and schedule and they had not looked great but when it was brought up he should have just said it was because of the lack of games and left it there. I thought doubling down on the media chat about how we have a easy week we’ve only got to watch 6 games of tape was to much.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 12:20 PM

LSU whipped us in every way imaginable and so did Notre Dame earlier this year. So how
many times does it take to get some motivation? Our defense never looked like they were
comfortable or in the right place against OS. I don't mean this as a bash but just the way
I saw it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic