Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Military Appreciation Day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Military Appreciation Day

Nov 18, 2018, 1:16 PM

In case you weren't at the game last night, Clemson did another fantastic job in honor of our military. You saw the red, white, and blue ribbons when we ran down the hill but there wasn't a lot of TV coverage otherwise. At almost every time out, one of our military heroes was recognized. The halftime ceremony honored each branch of our veteran and active military, and the "Remembering the Fallen" ceremony with Tiger Band playing Taps was chilling. It was unbelievably how quiet 80,000+ can get, and there wasn't a dry eye in our section. Then they unfurled the stars and stripes shaped like the USA while the band played Sousa's march. Spectacular!

A shout out to our Tigernet active and veteran military, with thanks for your service. And a special shout out to @MarineOneClemson®. Enjoyed tailgating with you and your Marine companions and wives.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Military Appreciation Day

Nov 18, 2018, 1:24 PM

No one does Military Appreciation Day better than Clemson. I love the way we honor our Soldiers at every game. Makes me proud to be an American and Clemson Tiger

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 8:24 PM

Thank you for this post. For those of us half way across the country it means a lot.

Nov 18, 2018, 8:29 PM

Wonderful ceremony of appreciation! I have a question. Before the wreath was presented, the guard placed the rifles with the helmets on top and laid something at the base of each rifle. What was it?

Thanks!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Military Appreciation Day ]

Wonderful ceremony of appreciation! I have a question. Before the wreath was presented, the guard placed the rifles with the helmets on top and laid something at the base of each rifle. What was it?

Thanks!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 9:28 PM

Pair of boots

I am thankful to call myself a “Tiger”

Nov 18, 2018, 8:45 PM

Thank you for sharing this, means everything to me.

Matt in Buffalo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Re: I am thankful to call myself a “Tiger”

Nov 18, 2018, 10:14 PM

As an old WW2 and Korean War vet, it brought back memories of long ago. I don't go down on the field during half time because I have trouble climbing back up that steep hill. All of my close buddies from WW2 have been gone for several years. The only WW2 company mate I've been able to contact lived in Oregon. My last contact with him was about 2 - 3 years ago and he was in poor health. As far as I've been able to determine, I'm the last one standing.

I am currently in contact with 3 of my former Korean War company mates, one in Tennessee, one in Wisconsin and one in Scotland. I was never with all of my company members at the same time because we operated as five teams. Each team was assigned to a Division or other Army unit

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic