Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can’t help but wonder if TL16 was bothered by cold weather tonight
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Can’t help but wonder if TL16 was bothered by cold weather tonight

Dec 5, 2020, 11:38 PM

12 of 22 for 190ish yards, but had some big runs and rush TD’s.

I can’t remember many other really cold weather games but I’m sure they’ve been at least a couple. He just never looked comfortable tonight and made some really poor decisions on throws.

Any thoughts or was tonight just simply an off night for him ???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can’t help but wonder if TL16 was bothered by cold weather tonight

Dec 5, 2020, 11:39 PM

Probably had something to do with our terrible OL play

Dec 5, 2020, 11:46 PM

It wasn’t great but he had some time on the Int in end zone and stared down receivers on lots of passes. That’s not like TL so I’ll chalk it up to just a poor night, hopefully not due to the weather. It’s cold in NY which might be where he ends up

No excuses, he had ample time to throw tonight...***

Dec 6, 2020, 12:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Can’t help but wonder if TL16 was bothered by cold weather tonight ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2020, 11:45 PM

Rain , snow, weather is not a reason.
As
Long as both teams deal with the same conditions it’s a non issue

Dec 5, 2020, 11:48 PM

Yea it’s not excusable, conditions are same for all players in a given game.

But was his performance lacking due to weather is my worry ?????

Dec 5, 2020, 11:46 PM

35 point blowout, but it seemed odd they were trying to force it to Galloway early. I wonder why.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2020, 11:48 PM

Maybe the Jets won’t draft him...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2020, 11:50 PM

They aren’t drafting him. They are staying with Darnell and will trade down and get some players and more picks in return. That’s a good thing ??

Dec 6, 2020, 12:16 AM

He may end up in Dallas.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 6:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Can’t help but wonder if TL16 was bothered by cold weather tonight ]

I bet Darnold is going to be traded for a 2nd rounder. Jets are going with TL. They have two first rounders already. I hope they do trade him though.

Might be that he's still shaking off slight,

Dec 6, 2020, 4:55 AM

lingering effects from the virus, but I'm not so sure that the cold weather plus two-week break didn't have some role.

Now, I'm not complaining...we won...but he did appear a little off at times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 6:28 AM

Maybe he was just trying to not get taken by the Jets.

Just think Trevor had a mediocre night...simple as that

Dec 6, 2020, 7:40 AM

Even great players have a game or two where they are not "in the zone". Doesn't happen that often with Trevor (against LSU last year being one of them) but he just had a sub-par night passing by his standards.

Look at it this way - I'd much rather Trevor have a sub-par night against VT where the margin of error is much greater than in two weeks against Notre Dame.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 7:57 AM

I am often wrong and most likely wrong again but who cares. I blames it on the OC for poor play calling. When ETN was in the games they loaded the line, run play. ENT out, TL16 was passing on most plays, coverage was good. A few times clemson fooled them and had to 19 yard runs by Dixon and the 50 yard td run ( cant spell the kids name). In my opinion play calling has been vanilla and suspect with the loss of the other OC.

The “other OC” didn’t call plays when he was here***

Dec 6, 2020, 8:01 AM

Re: The “other OC” didn’t call plays when he was here***

Dec 6, 2020, 10:21 AM

I believe that they shared the duties of play calling, one in the booth the other on the side line. They had discussion and came upnwith a plan.

Pretty sure Scott only helped with the game plan

Dec 6, 2020, 10:26 AM

Elliott has always called plays.

Not true... Elliott called the plays...

Dec 6, 2020, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Re: The “other OC” didn’t call plays when he was here*** ]

Scott only helped call plays during Chad Morris last season.

Dec 6, 2020, 8:41 AM

TL did not have a bad game. VT played well especially early. Some of you people have unrealistic expectations and clearly don’t understand the game of football. We ran the ball more last night and Virginia Tech dominated the clock in the first half.

It was also incredibly windy. That plays more into the passing game more than the cold. The wind was blowing like hell the entire game, which is why some of the kicks and punts were short. Spires did have a bad shank, but the wind was a factor in the game. They made that 55 yard field goal because of the wind.

Dec 6, 2020, 10:00 AM

Trevor did not have a bad game, are you serious ??? Interception in end zone, another SHOULD have been a pick 6 as defender baited him into the throw to Galloway and was waiting. TL did not go through progression and he did have time. The OL played well enough, not great but TL has time.

No, the expectations are due to his performances through 33 college football games with the exception of 1 bad game against a very good LSU defense. Now last night was a poor showing, I don’t think VT did anything special and if you look at the year they’ve had then you might know this. Injuries, COVID crushed the year for VT

VT is not good, I repeat VT is not good. Do you think they are good then maybe YOU know nothing about football.

The passing game last night was bad. He made some good throws but overall performance was well below his norm.

My point was simply that maybe the cold weather played a part in his play, not trying to say he is terrible and can’t play. Good lord try to understand the point.

VT isn’t just good at the run, they are one the nation’s best.

Dec 6, 2020, 10:20 AM

We took their best shot and won.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Dec 6, 2020, 9:01 AM

Wasn't BC two years ago colder than last night? Not like we don't get cold weather here. It was 24 at night last week.

Dec 6, 2020, 10:04 AM

Yea I was thinking BC. It was 27-7 Tigers. BC was 7-2 going into the game, but shows nothing about weather. It was played 11/10 so I’m sure it was COLD lol

TL threw for nearly 300 yards, 29/40 1 TD 1 Int

Bad playbook and poor protection is the problem.

Dec 6, 2020, 10:15 AM

If he is playing for Bama, Fla, or OSU his numbers would be crazy good. All protect their QB, and run plays that have the receivers open...not jumping for 50/50 balls.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was very windy and we were playing into the

Dec 6, 2020, 10:23 AM

wind in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. IMO he looked much sharper in the 1st and 4th with the wind at his back, but he didn't really get that many snaps in either quarter. VT had the ball for a lot of the 1st and TL got pulled after 2 or 3 series in the 4th so a lot of his time on the field was with that wind in his face.

I might be off on this one, but I think the wind was a much bigger factor than the cold.

Dec 6, 2020, 10:28 AM

Simple answer. Yes. That is what the NFL scouts will take away along with ongoing poor o-line and average wr play last night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic