Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Might be a stupid question but how are some of you
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Might be a stupid question but how are some of you

Mar 22, 2020, 6:32 AM

Dealing with the viral crisis? Are you being careful, extremely careful or full blown lockdown?

For example, i was gonna go through drive through the other day and thought, what if the worker is positive and gets the virus on my food? Maybe food to go is too risky?

Does work concern you? I know we have to work but dang, co workers could be. How are you handling that situation?

Im really curious how you guys are sorting this out.

Thanks and b safe.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Might be a stupid question but how are some of you

Mar 22, 2020, 6:47 AM

Not careful. Then again, everything is closed.

Mar 22, 2020, 6:59 AM

I'm being pretty careful. I'm working but trying to keep my distance. I'm not isolating myself all together but only go to necessary places. Praying for everyone and a little nervous about the future.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s all you can do, MyFav. Things are gonna get better!

Mar 22, 2020, 7:08 AM

We’re a resilient nation that’s gotten through worse. Keep your faith.

~JKB

Same here

Mar 22, 2020, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Might be a stupid question but how are some of you ]

Following the guidelines and keeping faith in God

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 22, 2020, 6:59 AM

Did not eat out often, now not at all.

Stocked up on food, filled a new freezer.

Being in an age bracket that is considered risky, use copious quantities of hand sanitizer while out . Wipe down all goods coming in the house.

Pondering quitting my not needed, stay busy after retirement job due to what the company does as a mission.

I’ve always washed my hands a lot. But now I’m to the point...

Mar 22, 2020, 7:05 AM

Where my knuckles are bleeding due to being dried out and cracked cuz of all the washing.

Looking forward to warmer temps so my skin can adjust.

~JKB

Mar 22, 2020, 7:20 AM

Since everything I like to do has been cancelled, I have completed so many tasks that I have been putting off for a long time. By the time this thing goes away, I might be caught up with my To Do List. Well, probably not.

Now if I could just get everyone else to stay home, I would not have to stand in long lines every time I leave the house, or poke along in long lines of heavy traffic.

Mar 22, 2020, 7:50 AM

Still have golf and will shortly be back on the water with the kayaks/jetski’s. Bonus is the cheap gas, gotta look on the bright side.

Now just have to finish the yard work , trimming the bushes( yard debris pickup has da flu) so gotta haul it to the dump myself. Today will be a fun filled hedge cutting, at least 3 feet off the top and just hope the Husqavarna hedger continues to saw through it so I do not have to break out the chainsaw.

THen the wife will be done chewing on my behind about the yard at least. Sure something else will replace that though.

Mar 22, 2020, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Might be a stupid question but how are some of you ]

Wife and I did our running around yesterday afternoon to Home Depot and Office Depot for needed yard work and work at home supplies. Neither was very busy with only a few other shoppers in each store, so very limited people contact.

Just ordered groceries online (for first time ever) to be delivered tomorrow, which is pretty convenient. The rest of today will be doing yard work and finally getting taxes completed. We both work for state gov. agency and are working from home for the near future, so may not have any good reason to leave the house for a good while.

Mar 22, 2020, 8:36 AM

Being in a risk group, I have been careful but still going to buy hardware and feed for the farm, buying groceries (limited), got my taxes done and so far going to routine Dr visits. Now I'll probably be working the farm and around the house, not going anywhere much for the next two weeks to see how this plays out and to make sure I didn't contract anything the past few days.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2020, 9:11 AM

Being in that older age range we are being careful. This is our 9th day of staying home. We've picked up take out food 3 times which is our only contact. Took a lovely long ride in the mountains yesterday.

Difficult to be too careful when you are still required to go to work

Mar 22, 2020, 9:11 AM

I think they will transition us to work at home early next week. Anyone that does not have the option to work at home will be allowed to continue working. Some are required to work.

I have a plumbing leak and I have been to 3 hardware stores to try to get a replacement part.

There were folks with a cough in 2 of the 3 hardware stores. Could have been allergies but how would I know?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Difficult to be too careful when you are still required to go to work

Mar 22, 2020, 11:35 AM

Thank you guys. This helps me figure things out. I appreciate the insight.

Mar 22, 2020, 11:31 AM

Very, very careful. I'm allergic to hospitals. Plus I'm 65 and have COPD. If I get it, TNET will lose one of it's most prized assets. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2020, 11:35 AM

Being careful. Not paranoid.

Mar 22, 2020, 12:42 PM

Thanks for being careful for yourself, your family and others.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2020, 11:54 AM

Since I work(ed) in SC schools, I have actually discovered why "retirement" is not for me. Bored most of the time - a little fishing and waiting for turkey season to open so I can get in the woods. Maybe the governor will issue an order that the season limit of 3 birds is waived. On top of that, if you shoot a bird on opening day, you can't hunt(legally) for the next 9 days so some of us might be bored again after an hour or so (here's hoping).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2020, 12:21 PM

I'm still going in to work as support staff for essential service providers. I had to go to the bank mid week and was not real thrilled that I had to touch either the ATM screen or the plastic carrier, but I sanitized immediately and washed when i got back. Some of my co-workers are busier than ever and some have too much time on their hands. My husband and daughter are working/schooling at home and have bad cabin fever when I get home!

Its SOOOO different out here, but

Mar 22, 2020, 12:29 PM

Obv I go to work, wont speak to that.

I wash my hands like a germaphobe. Went to grocery store last night and wiped down my groceries before they came into the house. Wiped my credit card. Washed my hands.
I wear gloves instead the gas station. When I walk through midtown Sac (think less charming but nice residential downtown Chas), i see people hangin on front porches, but everyone is 5-6ft apart.

Gotta live life, enjoy the things you always enjoyed, but be safe and protect yourself.

Again, different here where we have confirmed cases.

Good post, question..
Love to y'all, be safe!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Its SOOOO different out here, but

Mar 22, 2020, 12:44 PM

Guess I am being careful. No Spring, no Prowl and Growl, no high school baseball or softball games to go to, no little league games to go to, no family reunions, no bars or restaurants. Safe but bored. Guess I will get a cane pole and play Snuffy Smith.

I don't combine 'tasks' so I can

Mar 22, 2020, 1:19 PM

Ration them out! LOL! Walked/jogged the Ravenel Bridge yesterday...got chewed out by a cyclist who wanted to operate as normal...while the walkers were trying to distance themselves. Big bridge gets small, quickly.

Just ironed (exciting, right?) with YouTube music on...clean bathroom next...after a short run. Essentially, anything to keep moving...up the heart rate a bit...draw fresh air deep into the lungs...and continue being 45...err, 55 in my head...despite my license reminding me 65 next month! Screw calendars! They don't matter right now, as it is! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am being careful and keeping my distance

Mar 22, 2020, 5:25 PM

but I am also making it a point to get take-out at least once a day from my favorite local restaurants - trying to do my small part to help them survive.

We have to try to help with the medical and the economic crisis.

Mar 22, 2020, 5:58 PM

My wife and I have autoimmune deficiencies so we can’t afford to get this crap. We haven’t left the neighborhood in about a week. Dog gets lots of walks. Had a fire in the backyard with my son today. He’s getting schooling From the misses these days. I’m working from home via laptop. All meetings now via video camera on the laptop. Gotta love TEAMS!! Getting lots of projects done around the house. The only way this thing is going to turn around is if we can social distance until they find a vaccine. Too many people still think this is just the flu. Be safe guys.

Mar 23, 2020, 12:48 AM

Be very careful if older not to get around grandchildren since children can be carriers with no symptoms. I am saying this since my daughter is a pediatrician and stresses that this is critical. So we talk to kids and grandkids on the phone and we delivered food to their mom at a distance yesterday. Basically we are staying home and just going out to get groceries occasionally. Go to cdc.gov and you will see valuable information about the corona virus. There is a section where you can put in your email to get updates on the virus. Stay safe.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic