Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Tuesday Thoughts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Tuesday Thoughts

Nov 20, 2012, 11:42 AM

Tuesday Thoughts

Tuesday Thoughts
ACC Needs to Get the Message
Maryland's departure from the Atlantic Coast Conference is not a big deal. The fallout from Maryland leaving the ACC could be huge though.

Most Clemson fans like the idea of not having to go to Maryland every other year. Flying liquo

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What school would you like to add that brings

Nov 20, 2012, 11:49 AM

"prowess" on the football field?? You'd have to steal one from the SEC, B1G, or BigXII. And who would leave to go down in money? Stop and think about it. All you can add is from somebody below you.

I think of all the available schools, Louisville has the best football resume, at least until charlie strong leaves. Then who knows?

Syracuse just knocked off "Mighty SEC" member Mizzou. Pitt just scared the bejesus out of Notre Dame. They have some potential.

Re: What school would you like to add that brings

Nov 20, 2012, 12:12 PM

As far as football prowess and strong following, I think that Penn State offer the best possible option. They are not in love with the Big 10/12/14 or whatever it is right now. Other than schools in the SEC, BIg 12 or PAC, this makes the most sense for the ACC. Next on the list would be Louisville. They are a very good program and their AD Tom Jurich is a very good AD and has done a lot for UL over the last 13 years. Whatever the ACC does, stay away from UConn. We do not need another school that is not a strong football program in our conference. Also, traveling to Storrs, CT is not a destination that is on anyone's favorite itinerary.

GO TIGERS!!!

Nov 20, 2012, 12:46 PM

Add Navy.....

Nov 20, 2012, 2:01 PM

No disrespect, but you have got to be kidding about adding Navy!!!! WHY?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2012, 1:23 PM [ in reply to What school would you like to add that brings ]

i understand your point but i don't feel like those programs were worth the risks. we need programs that have successful seasons not a successful game here and there. and given how shaky the college football landscape is going to be over the next few years, we need less programs with potential and more programs that are sure things.

Nov 20, 2012, 2:03 PM

So which "successful" programs would you suggest that the ACC would have a chance at landing?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Tuesday Thoughts

Nov 20, 2012, 11:51 AM

IN 1986 we tied the coots 21-21

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Tuesday Thoughts

Nov 20, 2012, 11:52 AM

I believe the 1986 game ended in a tie. The 1987 game in Columbia featured both teams highly ranked with SC winning 20-7. Enjoy your blogs!!

Clemson was 7-2-1 in 1986 going into the SC game, not

Nov 20, 2012, 12:05 PM

9-1. If South Carolina was 8-2 that year, then they had the better record going in. clemson tied and finished regular season 7-2-2, then beat Stanford for 8-2-2 final record.

Rat? Come on you are better than that Mickey....***

Nov 20, 2012, 12:20 PM

There really isn't anyone left to add, all that is left is

Nov 20, 2012, 1:16 PM

for the few strong ACC teams to defect. There is FSU, Clemson, NCST, GT, and VT in the ACC that have fanbases. There are two spots in the Big something, 2 in the sec, and 4 or 5 in the Big other something. There is nothing keeping FSU, Clemson, and GT from going as far as in-state politics like with VT or NCST. That whole lot oughta head to the Big 12 together. Sure, we trade one villain for another in UNC to UT, but we'll get a few more table scraps and travel isn't as bad with numbers.

Have you seen a GT home game lately?...half full at best***

Nov 20, 2012, 2:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WHAT????!!!

Nov 20, 2012, 2:05 PM

Mickey: where do you see that Clemson did not want Pitt or Syracuse??? Do you know they voted against their entry as that is the FIRST time I've heard that? I believe Clemson did vote for both of them which is why we signed that idiotic $50MM buy-out for leaving this pathetic conference. The two schools that didn't sing off on this punitive exit fee... drum roll please.... FSU and Maryland.

I don't know where you get this info but what you are saying and how Clemson (administration) acted are 180 degrees apart. Maybe I'm missing something but your blog makes no sense to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Classy move, media member calling somebody a rat.. Nice***

Nov 20, 2012, 2:23 PM

His Blog was Hacked

Nov 20, 2012, 3:10 PM

Isn't that what people claim nowadays when they say something they didn't mean on the internet?

Re: Classy move, media member calling somebody a rat.. Nice***

Nov 20, 2012, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Classy move, media member calling somebody a rat.. Nice*** ]

I agree....not classy....but Coach K resembles a rat way more than Mickey looking or acting like a media member.

I can't think of two good FB teams to invite into the ACC

Nov 20, 2012, 3:06 PM

No team in the SEC will leave.

Pac 12 teams are not practicle.

Why would a Big Twelve or a Big 10 team leave their respective conference.

Pitt and Louisville are maybe but they don't bring anything to the table to help bring the money into the ACC.

FSU and Clemson's options are to leave the ACC and join the one of ESPNs choosen 4 or stay in the ACC and become a mid-major team in a mid-major conference.

every which way i look at it... i see that as well

Nov 20, 2012, 3:25 PM

all roads lead to us staying and the ACC unfortunately continuing to double dribble its way to the hard court and our $$ and recruiting will soon start to show the gap. OR we start looking at BIG12 NOW. forget SEC that will nothappen so dont even think about it. your choice will be stay in ACC with addition of UConn or UofL and rish FSU and GT getting the only invites to BIG12. or we can be proactive and through 3rd party let it be known that we are willing to go with FSU if invited.

We lost 20-7 in 1987 me thinks.***

Nov 22, 2012, 10:34 AM

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic