Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mercedes-Benz Superdome is an outdated poor stadium
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Mercedes-Benz Superdome is an outdated poor stadium

Dec 31, 2019, 12:45 PM

I was not impressed with the Superdome when we played in the 2018 Sugar Bowl vs. Alabama. I sat in the upper deck. The place is worn out and badly designed by today's standards. I am sure it was a technological marvel when it was built but it's nearly 50 years old.

I was happy at first that my tickets to the National Championship are in the lower deck even though they were in the endzone. I will actually be able to hear Tiger Band this time. However, in seeing the "seat view" on line I realized that being on the last row of my section, you cannot see the larg video boards because of the deck overhang. They seem to have small TVs to see the replays. It is especially nice to see the video board when the action is on the other end of the field.

I know, first world problem. I really enjoyed State Farm Stadium in Phoenix, Levi Stadium in Santa Clara, Jerry World in Arlington, and even Raymond James Stadium in Tampa. The Superdome just does not hold up to today's standards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was the most impressed with the stadium in Glendale

Dec 31, 2019, 12:48 PM

It was well organized and nice inside. I didn’t get to go to Jerry’s world last year. I’m sure it’s a nice one too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mercedes-Benz Superdome is an outdated poor stadium

Dec 31, 2019, 1:12 PM

How can a state with no pro team talk about a what condition a professional sport complex is in???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 1:18 PM

IKR?!?!?! it's like people who own land should only be allowed to vote.

Dec 31, 2019, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Mercedes-Benz Superdome is an outdated poor stadium ]

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. If we can't say something nice about someone we should hold our tongue.

Dec 31, 2019, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Mercedes-Benz Superdome is an outdated poor stadium ]

Because we’ve been to multiple and know what a good experience feels like?

Correct, the state of South Carolina has no professional team. Is that your burn? Good job man.

Dec 31, 2019, 1:25 PM

Superdome is about to get a $350 renovation starting this off season. Next topic

You serious, Clark? You can't even buy a used corndog

Dec 31, 2019, 1:51 PM

maker for $350. Some upgrade that's going to be.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They don’t have any unused corn dog makers in the state

Dec 31, 2019, 2:09 PM

You can smell it for miles

they should bo ahead and bump it up to a thousand dollars

Dec 31, 2019, 2:12 PM [ in reply to You serious, Clark? You can't even buy a used corndog ]

but NO is more destitute than Detroit they probably don't have the money

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Mercedes-Benz Superdome is an outdated poor stadium ]

Is it going to fix the awful sight lines caused by the deck overhang?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will they forget to build roads to or gameplan for that part

Dec 31, 2019, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Mercedes-Benz Superdome is an outdated poor stadium ]

the same way they did the nice, newly renovated airport that cost millions of dollars that no one can get to?

uh Carolina Panthers ***

Dec 31, 2019, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Mercedes-Benz Superdome is an outdated poor stadium ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Mercedes-Benz Superdome is an outdated poor stadium ]

IKR? I mean the Charlotte Panthers are hundreds and hundreds of miles away!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Mercedes-Benz Superdome is an outdated poor stadium ]

The Georgia Dome that Atlanta tore down was a way better stadium than the Superdome. It ain't so super any more.

When you are in the cfp every year.. you end up

Dec 31, 2019, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Mercedes-Benz Superdome is an outdated poor stadium ]

In a lot of pro stadiums.

Hth

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

When you are in the cfp every year.. you end up

Dec 31, 2019, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Mercedes-Benz Superdome is an outdated poor stadium ]

In a lot of pro stadiums.

Hth..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

we get to play in the top NFL venues every year

Dec 31, 2019, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Mercedes-Benz Superdome is an outdated poor stadium ]

Sometimes 3 times in postseason play if you count the Panthers stadium.

Go back to the corner with your bucket of corn dogs.

Really? Really? lol***

Dec 31, 2019, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Mercedes-Benz Superdome is an outdated poor stadium ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it was cool to go to the Sugar Bowl there. However, there

Dec 31, 2019, 1:26 PM

Was a pretty scary incident on the the escalators after the game. They make a turn and it was jamming up at the turn. and the crowd was very tight. I thought if someone went down, it could get bad quickly.

Of course, it’s no Jerry’s World but that place was amazing.

I’m looking forward to going back. Still iconic.

Dec 31, 2019, 1:38 PM

Looks like I'll be lucky to see half of the close end zone, let alone the other endzone from a mile away. That said, I'm just happy to be there for a "reasonable" price. https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/47158/Mercedes-Benz+Superdome/section-602/row-7/seat-10/
I do agree it seemed a bit outdated. As I recall from 2 years ago, the concourse in the lower level was really narrow and tight. Other than that, I didn't really have any issues with the place.

Levi Stadium is terrible. The non-symmetrical design is not ideal for a neutral site game. The sound system was awful both times I've been there. There didn't seem to be enough concession stands (at least in the end zone area) so the lines were really long, but they did move fairly quickly considering. For a pretty much brand new stadium, I was not impressed.

I really liked the open feel of the "State Farm Stadium" formerly UofPhonix stadium, but I haven't been there since our first Natty appearance.

Dec 31, 2019, 1:42 PM

Let's be honest the place is a ancient & decrepit ####hole

Dec 31, 2019, 2:42 PM

Yikes! I take it you are not a fan of the Rose Bowl, Coliseum, or Fenway then either...

I haven’t been inside the Superdome, only outside of it and that was pre-Katrina, but at minimum by most accounts here it sounds outdated and in need of an overhaul.

Sparkling new stadiums are great, but it is fun seeing older ones too with a lot of history too, even if there is some sacrificing of the experience. Personally, I wanted Yankee Stadium to stay and just get a massive refurbishing. But there are other ones like Qualcomm and The Forum in LA that can only be helped with a wrecking ball.

Dec 31, 2019, 2:46 PM

there is a massive difference between say Wrigley Field (where I used to go to about 20 games a year when I lived in Chicago) which is like a living museum and a outdated dome, especially knowing all those people died in there during Hurricane Katrina

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic