Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Urban Meyer named new head coach of Jacksonville Jaguars
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

TNET: Urban Meyer named new head coach of Jacksonville Jaguars

Jan 14, 2021, 6:45 PM

Urban Meyer named new head coach of Jacksonville Jaguars

Former Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer is the new head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars. Jaguars owner Shad Khan had the following comments about the hire. " Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the enormity of this decisioin hits him, Urbane may

Jan 14, 2021, 7:03 PM

yet pull a Bobby Cremins. Dealing with prima donna multimillionaires is going to be totally different from dealing with young, paid under the table college thousandaires. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When the enormity of this decisioin hits him, Urbane may

Jan 14, 2021, 9:05 PM

He’s a prima donna himself. I’m sure some “health concerns” will happen in 3 or 4 years and he’ll be out again. Hopefully Urban has learned to be a better judge of character and won’t let shady people in or around the team in Jax.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2021, 12:54 AM

How many times has he "retired" due to health concerns only to bask in the glorification of teams pursuing him and then return? His ego knows no bounds.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 14, 2021, 9:07 PM [ in reply to When the enormity of this decisioin hits him, Urbane may ]

He’s a prima donna himself. I’m sure some “health concerns” will happen in 3 or 4 years and he’ll be out again. Hopefully Urban has learned to be a better judge of character and won’t let shady people in or around the team in Jax.

Urban Legend

Jan 14, 2021, 7:08 PM

Urban Legend will find another infirmity and leave within 3 years. If he had headaches and heart palpitations in the college game, imagine the ailments that will come with coaching in the NFL. He’s a smug arrogant cuss.

Re: Urban Legend

Jan 14, 2021, 7:30 PM

So has he been healed twice in his coaching career from this terrible disease that he supposedly has?

Can't Be Any Worse Than Matt Ruhle!

Jan 14, 2021, 8:11 PM

As a Carolina Panthers fan - I have no issue with our HC. Or our all college DC and OC coaching staffs. I just don't love it.

At least Urban Meyer has proven he can win wherever he goes! The way the NFL is dipping into college for offensive concepts - "this is the right time for him"!

I just hope he doesn't expect Trevor to run a bunch of "speed option"! It's his calling card and a good one as it does out flank the defense and put them in a conflict. I still remember Chris Leak being at Florida having done nothing but win games being benched for Tebow! Who was a better fit for Urban's offensive philosophy.

This will be interesting to say the least!

BTW, "forget" Urban Meyer! I 100% believe he helped old Crying Ryan do deep dive prep work for Clemson! Ryan Day could not have come up with the plan; no way!

MONEY GRAB***

Jan 14, 2021, 8:16 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Urban Meyer named new head coach of Jacksonville Jaguars

Jan 14, 2021, 8:37 PM

Ryan Day is happy to not have him looking over his shoulder in Columbus

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I scrongly suspect that, just as

Jan 14, 2021, 10:19 PM

Steve Spurrier
Lou Holtz
Nick Saban

and several other ultra successful former college coaches found out, the NFL is a whole nother animal than the college game. Urban Meyer is probably the first since Spurrier to hit the league with that much ego. Will he also slink out of the league with his tail between his legs like Spurrier and those others did?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I scrongly suspect that, just as

Jan 15, 2021, 7:06 AM

Pete Carroll
Tom Coughlan
Jimmy Johnson

Did OK

Jan 15, 2021, 8:12 AM

Holtz, Spurrier, and Saban managed to scrape out a living after they came back to the college ranks as well. That is, in the case of the first two, if you call coaching at Sakerlina living.

Jan 15, 2021, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: I scrongly suspect that, just as ]

Pete Carroll
Tom Coughlan
Jimmy Johnson

Did OK

I knew about Johnson and Carroll. Didn't know about Coughlan; where did he coach in college?

Jan 14, 2021, 10:35 PM

At least he won't have those pesky NCAA rules to break...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2021, 7:21 AM

The real question in my mind is does he draft Fields at number 1 instead of Trevor Lawrence. That is his guy if he wants to run his type of offense.

Jan 15, 2021, 8:14 AM

His real guy for that offense is still one Tim Tebow. I am telling you, do not discount that connection. Timmy may yet see an NFL roster again.

Jan 15, 2021, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Urban Meyer named new head coach of Jacksonville Jaguars ]

The real question in my mind is does he draft Fields at number 1 instead of Trevor Lawrence. That is his guy if he wants to run his type of offense.

Exactly my thoughts when I heard about Meyer! He likes a ultra mobile QB like Tebow! Although, he did coach Alex Smith who has been in the league forever it seems!

Who knows; we will see! And, Alex is not a big guy!

Meh. Not my ideal for TLaw, but who knows how it'll go.***

Jan 15, 2021, 8:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2021, 9:06 AM

I don't personally hate the guy or anything but I have no idea why an NFL team would turn over their entire operation to someone who seems unstable at best. I mean if he can't handle coaching in college where he should win 80% of his games strictly off of his recruiting ability how will he handle the NFL where talents much more evenly distributed and you've got to win via other measures? You'd Think Jacksonville could have done much better. Odds are far higher he's the next Nick Saban or Steve Spurrier than he's the next Jimmy Johnson. Hope I'm wrong as I'd really like to see TL succeed.

DRAFT DAY 2021 ---- When we find out if Urban is stupid or

Jan 15, 2021, 12:46 PM

smart ...........

TL with the first pick is the way to go. .....

null

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic