Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Meet our latest medal of freedom recipient
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 622

Meet our latest medal of freedom recipient

Sep 5, 2020, 5:06 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iri0beuhlZ8

this honor has been thoroughly degraded.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what's the context here...

Sep 5, 2020, 5:10 PM

surrounding the interview?

Why was the actual interview cut off?

Just questions about the evidence presented, not a commentary on Holtz himself or the medal of freedom.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what's the context here...

Sep 5, 2020, 5:14 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2020, 6:46 PM

T3Tiger® said:

The circumstances were that he was in Coot purgatory and Balm doesn’t care about the rest as long as it makes Trump look bad

Actually, Lou Holtz is a poor example of a human being -- in some areas, he has a strong resemblance to TheRump. (Both are incredible narcissists.)
If you check Lou Holtz's record you will see that (like TheRump) he is a serial cheater. He was smart enough to move-on just b4 the NCAA cracked down on NC State, Minnesota, Arkansas, and ND cheating. That means, the cheating occurred under his watch.
I think he encouraged his players to fight with CU players since USC's season was over, and USC players kept CU from a bowl game.
He should get no honors.

Sep 6, 2020, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: what's the context here... ]

T3Tiger® said:

The circumstances were that he was in Coot purgatory and Balm doesn’t care about the rest as long as it makes Trump look bad

Actually, Lou Holtz is a poor example of a human being -- in some areas, he has a strong resemblance to TheRump. (Both are incredible narcissists.)
If you check Lou Holtz's record you will see that (like TheRump) he is a serial cheater. He was smart enough to move-on just b4 the NCAA cracked down on NC State, Minnesota, Arkansas, and ND cheating. That means, the cheating occurred under his watch.
I think he encouraged his players to fight with CU players since USC's season was over, and USC players kept CU from a bowl game.
He should get no honors.

Sep 5, 2020, 5:55 PM [ in reply to what's the context here... ]

the context is that Lou Holtz is mentally unstable and has a long, documented track record of treating people poorly. In this case he was doubting the legitimacy of this interview team, accusing them of not being in sports, and took it out on a production assistant that was just trying to do her job.

and to further...

Sep 5, 2020, 6:03 PM

The Presidential Medal of Freedom is awarded by the president of the United States "for especially meritorious contribution to

(1) the security or national interests of the United States, or
(2) world peace, or
(3) cultural or other significant public or private endeavors".

I fail to see where Lou Holtz, or Rush limbaugh for that matter qualify for this award. It is being made into a mockery.

a.k.a. "The Trump Effect."***

Sep 5, 2020, 6:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and to further...

Sep 5, 2020, 6:16 PM [ in reply to and to further... ]

A lot of notable sports people get the award, but Lou Holtz definitely shouldn't make the cut though. Nor should Rush Limbaugh.

yeah I watched the video....

Sep 5, 2020, 6:24 PM [ in reply to and to further... ]

I'm not a Holtz fan and didn't particularly care for his RNC speech...

So watching the video I can gather everything you said myself. That's not context.

Was he told something that wasn't true? That is not answered in the video. He seems to be irritated that they asked for a minute and he had been waiting for 5 minutes. But I don't know because I don't have any context.

The other problem is the interview is cut out. I think that is important to the context. I'm pretty sure if you follow me around you can film me being mad or impatient about something.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yeah I watched the video....

Sep 5, 2020, 6:38 PM

Franc, you have the same amount of info I do. I just saw that they were being very polite to him, and he was talking down to them and basically being an ass. He probably felt like he was being set up, IDK.

Anyway, Lou Holtz is allowed to be Lou Holtz. but he should not be seen as a role model or someone to champion. JMHO

yeah...

Sep 5, 2020, 6:43 PM

it smacks of payback for endorsement.

Holtz was a good coach before he hit career killer SCar. I'm not sure what he's done to earn the Medal of Freedom.

I thought his comments about Biden at the RNC were wrong.

Re: yeah...

Sep 5, 2020, 7:44 PM

he had some pretty serious baggage at Arkansas as well, it went well beyond his political endorsement of Jesse Helms. Let us just say he was going to have a tough time recruiting the state of Arkansas after that.

Do you remember that time when...

Sep 6, 2020, 12:08 PM

Obama was handed the Nobel Peace Prize???

Talk about a complete farce!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yeah...

Sep 6, 2020, 12:17 PM [ in reply to yeah... ]

franc....

Bottom line...youre like ignorant Hitler youth. You are an idiot who thinks youre on it. Youre a total spineless idiot who doesn't have the balls to defend who he really is. Youe an ignorant clown. Show sone spline, bud.

Re: Meet our latest medal of freedom recipient

Sep 5, 2020, 5:16 PM

Who is a shadier individual, Trump vs Holtz? What say you?

Trump by a mile.

Sep 5, 2020, 5:33 PM

Holtz is just a ####.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has Trump ever done anything to please you?

Sep 5, 2020, 6:01 PM

Why haven't you shared that with us?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has Trump ever done anything to please you?

Sep 5, 2020, 6:23 PM

I liked when he had the toilet paper stuck to his shoe. That was pleasing.

He pleased me the time that Bald Eagle tried to bite him

Sep 5, 2020, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Has Trump ever done anything to please you? ]

in his office at trump tower.

Sep 5, 2020, 8:07 PM

A disgraced president giving an award to a disgraced coach.

Sep 6, 2020, 1:06 AM

You were a big fan of Ellen Degeneres or Robert dinero getting it?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You aren't a Clemson fan if you support this.

Sep 7, 2020, 12:42 AM

Period. If you cheer this because of Trump, you've betrayed your university for a corrupt Coot.

Lou Holtz left every school he coached on probation. Every one. He's a corrupt, dishonest, senile coot. If you support this move, you don't love Clemson. End of discussion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Replies: 22
| visibility 622
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic