Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Medical Hardship Waiver for Marcus Edmonds
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 3,284

Medical Hardship Waiver for Marcus Edmonds

Nov 13, 2017, 10:56 AM

Does he return or do we trying to get a waiver.

Here are the rules for the waiver:

- The player must have suffered an injury during their senior year of high school, or during one of their four eligible seasons for college competition. (This does not provide for players who are already redshirting a season and are injured in practice.)
- The injury suffered must be "incapacitating", meaning it must be a season-ending injury.
- The injury must occur during the first half of the season.
- The player must have competed in no more than 30% of the season or four games, whichever is greater.

Nothing I see eliminates a hardship waiver if you have already had a redshirt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Re: Medical Hardship Waiver for Marcus Edmonds

Nov 13, 2017, 11:04 AM

Looks like he could but we REALLY need him for the acccg and playoffs. Wonder if he'd even be interested in doing that. Good question. Hopefully someone can answer how close to returning that he is...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Medical Hardship Waiver for Marcus Edmonds

Nov 13, 2017, 11:07 AM

I think its gone on long enough now he may not get back. We could use him if he wants and gets a waiver but no indication of either right now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is his 5th year. He's probably ready to move on.

Nov 13, 2017, 11:24 AM

Especially if he can play in the ACC Championship game and the two playoff games.

Two national championships is probably sufficient.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only way to get a second medical redshirt is if the

Nov 13, 2017, 11:30 AM

first was a medical red shirt as well. He already used his red shirt year his first year and I don't think applied for a hardship waiver that year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the only way to get a second medical redshirt is if the

Nov 13, 2017, 2:54 PM

I've heard that before, but I've don't see it in the NCAA bylaws.

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

I've thought about players leaving and how much...

Nov 13, 2017, 11:42 AM

we miss them. There are few players that can't be replaced, very few. I think players leaving is a huge recruiting tool. Those coming in know that the guys in the previous class will likely be leaving early which gives them confidence that they may play earlier and get their shot at the NFL as a Jr or RSJr.

I understand how simplistic that logic seems but we are moving into elite status and can't keep people just because they have a year of eligibility anymore. I'm just glad so many are graduating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good observations by all

Nov 13, 2017, 12:26 PM

Thanks for replying. I just hope he can make it back for the acccg and playoffs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If so, I hope they spell his name right.***

Nov 13, 2017, 12:36 PM

Replies: 8
| visibility 3,284
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic