Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Median point spread 2016 vs 2017
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,568

Median point spread 2016 vs 2017

Nov 17, 2017, 4:34 PM

The 2016 Clemson’s median point spread through 10 games was 6 points while the 2017 median point spread through 10 games is 14 points. A winning comfort margin better than double last year’s at this time. So far this year none of the wins required a miracle. Not so gut wrenching this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Median point spread 2016 vs 2017

Nov 17, 2017, 4:39 PM

By reading a great many of the posts on this board, one would think just the opposite was true. It's almost as if the coaches know more about winning football games than the collective wisdom of this board. Good post.

"Gut wrenching,' is relative.

Nov 17, 2017, 4:47 PM

If you have confidence in the coaching staff and team the gut wrenching is minimal during even the closest games. On the other hand, if you're standing in a strain because you think an 80 million dollar coach is playing the wrong guy at quarterback you're suffering gut wrenching when your team is three scores ahead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Gut wrenching,' is relative.

Nov 17, 2017, 4:52 PM

hmmm - I think the coaches are great. I'm gut-wrenched because a bunch of guys who are just old enough to drive are playing with weird ball that's pointed at both ends and bounces funny. Besides, where's the fun of watching football if you're not completely invested and emotionally overwrought?

Re: "Gut wrenching,' is relative.

Nov 17, 2017, 5:05 PM [ in reply to "Gut wrenching,' is relative. ]

??? I prefer all the easy wins we have had this year. The main reason for that has been KB’s legs with the legs of the RB’ and Ray, Ray’s special teams leg work. Without that, this would have been a rebuild year. The one game that we didnt have KB’s legs and the first game without our starting place kicker leg was a loss. Running offense lead by KB complemented by a great D puts us at #2. I played football. Running great usually beats passing great. Two of the three things that can happen on a pass are bad. Running keeps the defense fresh

Nov 17, 2017, 5:12 PM

Gut wrenching is when you up only by 3 points and fsu is driving to score and have a miracle intercept. Gut wrenching is when you run KB up the middle 3 times in a row and give NC State enough time to try to win the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or stopping a hail mary at Auburn.

Nov 17, 2017, 5:40 PM

Or eeking by Troy on your home field by 6? Or knocking Louisville out 1 yard short of a 1st down that might have won them the game. Or watching NC St miss a short game winning FG and then winning on an INT in OT? Or bowing up against FSU in your own territory hanging onto a 3pt lead.

Re: Or stopping a hail mary at Auburn.

Nov 17, 2017, 6:44 PM

Yep but to only lose 1 game a year you are going to have to find ways to win those games. The last 3 years we have. It has carried over to this year with new leaders on the team.

Nov 17, 2017, 5:46 PM

Last year we had about 4 regular season games like the NC St game this year. So far that has been the only one.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,568
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic