Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No complaints about Speilman and McDonough?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

No complaints about Speilman and McDonough?

Oct 6, 2013, 10:41 AM

Rare to have a broadcast crew that doesn't show some bias or rip on our Tigers for something.

I'll have to watch it again. There has to be something or the ESPN brass won't be happy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: No complaints about Speilman and McDonough?

Oct 6, 2013, 10:43 AM

generally good. getting into the criminal record w regard to cj family or what ever was a bit much. otherwise pretty good for ESPN and a syracuse guy

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2013, 10:44 AM

I think Speilman is great and was great yesterday. McDonough did well too considering he is a Syracuse alum.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 6, 2013, 10:44 AM

McDonough brought up "pulling a clemson." The fact they have to try and say they aren't gonna say it by throwing it out there is just as bad.

Also Chris said he prefers FSU over Clemson Sean

Oct 6, 2013, 10:48 AM

said he likes Clemson

Not to mention that was the same time they started

Oct 6, 2013, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: No complaints about Speilman and McDonough? ]

Discussing why we were running up the score IN THE FIRST HALF!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They named him Vic BEASTLY

Oct 6, 2013, 10:50 AM

on the same day the other DE in this state took himself out of the line up. You can't write stuff this good.

McDonough is a Syracuse grad but was fair - the other

Oct 6, 2013, 11:04 AM

guy was the one who started the whining about "running up the score". In the first half?????

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But he also said...

Oct 6, 2013, 11:24 AM

the Syracuse player should look at the scoreboard before celebrating a play.

Spielman is solid...

Oct 6, 2013, 11:12 AM

Spielman always bust out some true football knowledge and observations... like when he correctly cited our D as being the big change in our team this year even though everyone gets excited about the O.

McDonough was just filler. They were okay.

I had to pipe in the Clemson Audio feed on the iphone as they were dragging a little and mispronouncing names as usual.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definite annoyance on the mispronunciation

Oct 6, 2013, 11:28 AM

Can none of the ESPN announcers read Martavis without adding a "u" and making it Martavius?

I'll complain plenty.

Oct 6, 2013, 11:33 AM

I'm a Georgetown grad who grew up a Clemson fan. I watch a ton of Big East basketball and am very familiar with McDonough's homerism for Syracuse. Get used to it. All the other schools in the Big East hate him. We all call him Cuse McDonough.

He is a Boeheim worshipper. From what I saw yesterday, Shafer will get the same obsequious treatment from him.

When have you ever heard an announcer complain about a team trying to "run up the score" against a conference opponent in the first half? Most football fans would agree that, by definition, that is impossible. Questioning Dabo's call is entirely appropriate commentary, but not for the reason that he is "running up the score."

And didn't you like the threat that the same thing would happen to Clemson for "running up the score" as the treatment Syracuse gave #1 Nebraska back in 1927 or whenever? We're terrified.

You would think that most networks would not schedule McDonough to call Syracuse's games. Not ESPN. He calls Syracuse every chance he gets. This is because ESPN is full of grads from Syracuse's communications school. Did you notice the vignette about their communications school during the game? That's no accident. McDonough compared it to Northwestern, which is insane. Northwestern is an ivy-level university. Syracuse is a middling school at best. Ever seen some geek in an ESPN studio (e.g., Anish Shroff) and thought "Where the heck did they find this dork and what does he know about sports?" The answer is he went to Syracuse's communications school.

This will all get a lot worse come basketball season. ESPN will try to prop up Syracuse in the ACC. It will be astonishing to Clemson fans to hear ESPN announcers complain about biased officiating in favor of Duke/UNC against somebody for the first time in the history of television when they play Syracuse. Don't think that we'll get the same treatment when all of our players foul out at Chapel Hill and we take the floor 4 on 5.

As many have said, Cuse is the ACC's new Maryland. Not true. Cuse is much worse. Cuse comes with this ESPN-lovefest. Also, Southern Canada / upstate NY is a terrible industrial wasteland and is now the worst road trip in the ACC by a LONG shot. Maryland is a decent academic school, Syracuse doesn't add anything. And Maryland was a great road trip-- not because of the stadium or fans (they suck), but because you got to spend the weekend in DC.

I look forward to reading the reports of Clemson fans who made the trip.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic