Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
McConnel's legislative graveyard
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 375

McConnel's legislative graveyard

Mar 5, 2020, 10:06 AM

If there is one person who has probably done more to frustrate bipartisan progress in this country it is "Moscow" Mitch McConnell.

Three bills currently in Mitch's graveyard that would very likely pass in the Senate:

- a bill to lower the cost of prescription drugs,
- establish universal background checks and close the Charleston loophole,
- ban offshore drilling

We don't have a democratic republic if one man in the senate is able to hold up legislation. Nothing is getting done.

If we don't have a functional Congress, what do we have?

https://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/charleston/rep-cunningham-one-year-later-its-time-for-mitch-mcconnell-to-stop-blocking-critical-anti-corruption-and-election-reform-legislation/Content?oid=30847159

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what if i dont want to ban offshore drilling

Mar 5, 2020, 10:53 AM

and believe that closing the "charleston loophole" is a backdoor way to suppress lawful gun ownership because the FBI will have no reason to complete checks timely, and "universal background checks" can only be achieved with universal registration."

Re: what if i dont want to ban offshore drilling

Mar 5, 2020, 11:01 AM

you havent learned that your opinion doesnt matter to Democrats. Come on chap, keep up!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then call your senator***

Mar 5, 2020, 12:10 PM [ in reply to what if i dont want to ban offshore drilling ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: McConnel's legislative graveyard

Mar 5, 2020, 10:53 AM

Of course you understand that the POTUS needs to sign any bill for it to become law. The house has passed hundreds of bills and sent them to congress knowing that the president isn't going to sign them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: McConnel's legislative graveyard

Mar 5, 2020, 11:05 AM

So send it to him and make him the one responsible. The same logic goes for the Senators who would vote against it; I want them on the record so they can answer to their constituents why they're against popular legislation.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't see the reason for not having votes on things...

Mar 5, 2020, 11:43 AM

Is their time so booked up that they can't fit it in?

Replies: 6
| visibility 375
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic