Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maybe with a big helping of humble pie and the rest of CFB having a seizure yesterday,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,288

Maybe with a big helping of humble pie and the rest of CFB having a seizure yesterday,

Nov 13, 2016, 6:02 AM

we'll end up even better prepared for the championship phase of the season. Even though we've wriggled ourselves into the win column in every other contest this year, there's a real formative and valuable pain to be processed when a big L gets etched into the bedrock of your otherwise "perfect season." We need our coaches and players to feel this pain in full and let it burn a little - only then does it fuel transformation. Only then will they have an opportunity to savor the bitter medicine of wisdom through hardship and have it augment the acclaimed talent and scheme that had seen us through the season to this point. Failure can be extremely valuable for us all - a severe but precious discipline. I hope to see our Tigers take it like men and to emerge unencumbered and sharpened for the truly glorious end that this season promises. We are still poised for greatness and I hope the loss makes us better able to achieve it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Re: Maybe with a big helping of humble pie and the rest of CFB having a seizure yesterday,

Nov 13, 2016, 8:41 AM

"spot on" comments. TU for you!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe with a big helping of humble pie and the rest of CFB having a seizure yesterday,

Nov 13, 2016, 9:21 AM

Agreed. This can really work out to our advantage or just kill us like in the Tommy Bowden days. I think it will mature us. "That's the hope anyway "

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2016, 11:56 AM

Well put - it should mature us. True maturity uses failure as a tool to stoke the fires of success. Maturity also involves owning said failure and taking responsibility, so I hope the players don't put too much stock in the controversial officiating noise or public coaching criticisms to the point that they fail to thoroughly self-examine and renew their physical and mental commitment to excellence. By the same token, I hope our coaching staff takes a sober look at the incredible palette of talent they command and finds a fresh edge of energy and purpose to move forward powerfully. We truly stand on the cusp of greatness, and I think the loss should actually move us TOWARD it, not away from it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,288
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic