Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maybe it's been said, but there is absolutely no excuse for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 993

Maybe it's been said, but there is absolutely no excuse for

Nov 19, 2020, 7:27 PM

our election process to be this antiquated. The entire process has to be scrapped and updated nationally. Has nothing to do with this particular election and who won/lost, fraud, mistakes, etc. It's been broken for a very long time and it must be fixed. It's too important. Manual comparison of signatures, trying to read and validate smeared postmarks, punching holes like you're trying to get that 5th lunch free at Buffalo Wild Wings. Are you freakin kidding me? This ain't 1952...

Amazon can tell you where 10 million packages are at any given second... what truck it's on, when it will arrive, and whether or not the driver ran over a squirrel. We need some sort of national database with all validated, registered voters. You get a card with a unique barcode, or an app scans an OCR, or you login and do it online... whatever. It would be a badazz system to develop and implement... but it can easily be done. When I say easily, I mean the coding is not terribly complicated, there are a gazillion more complicated programs, from a functional standpoint...

Easily detects duplicates, flags any questionable entries for review, kicks out dead folks, each vote is date/time stamped, etc. Tallies em up and starts delivering immediate results, within minutes after the polls close, or whenever it is deemed appropriate to release that data. And don't buy into any donkeycrap about how it would be even easier to commit fraud that way. A bi-partisan group of IT gurus from both sides design, test, and validate the program to ensure it's ironclad. ####, make the source code public so anyone can look at it... total transparency.

Just don't tell me it can't be done. Billions of dollars are moved globally between trillions of transactions every day... and they're accurate down to the fraction of a penny.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

THIS ^^^^^!***

Nov 19, 2020, 7:33 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree 100%! I don’t know what the answer is,

Nov 19, 2020, 7:36 PM

but obviously the current system sucks, and we are much smarter than this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Consider researching existing election security from

Nov 19, 2020, 8:12 PM

credible sources —- something that could be cited in a Masters Thesis.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe it's been said, but there is absolutely no excuse for

Nov 19, 2020, 9:46 PM

A very good friend of mine's uncle died 2 year ago. She found out he was still on the register and had a fit but they said they were working on getting his name off. This was here in SC. There is something wrong for sure.

The Electronic Freedom Foundation has it right

Nov 19, 2020, 11:40 PM

Some of these things we’re proposed but we’re held up, like almost everything, by Sen. McConnell.

https://www.wyden.senate.gov/news/press-releases/wyden-gillibrand-markey-merkley-murray-and-warren-introduce-bill-to-secure-elections-

Don’t know why it was objectionable to McConnell because it was fairly vanilla. It mainly addresses Paper Records and Risk Limiting Audits.

Got a strong endorsement from the smartest people in the room when it comes to computers.

https://www.eff.org/issues/e-voting

Replies: 5
| visibility 993
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic