Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tucker to issue retraction...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Tucker to issue retraction...

Jun 17, 2020, 1:16 PM

any day now....it's coming....seriously....

https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status/1273015860312125441?s=20

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's see if all of them were "Boogaloo extremists"***

Jun 17, 2020, 1:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Define "them"***

Jun 17, 2020, 1:29 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All victims of the riots, and the rioters***

Jun 17, 2020, 1:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously someone explain this to me.

Jun 17, 2020, 1:38 PM

This is the second time today someone has brought up riot victims that I don't know about. Did I go through a time warp? Sleep through two weeks? I only know about the David Dorn. Or is this like a broader what about the property damage and hurt feelings kinda definition?

Property damage, for one, but also:

Jun 17, 2020, 1:43 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/06/09/deaths-that-dont-fit-defund-police-narrative/

It may turn out that not all of these people were killed by people associated with the protests or riots, but Underwood wasn't the only one killed. Dorn also counts, of course. Equating property damage with "hurt feelings" is kind of ridiculous.

FFS

Jun 17, 2020, 1:56 PM

Chris Beaty was not a police officer and not killed by protesters. Kelly was herself a protester and to my knowledge her murderer hasn't been identified.

So yeah, try and stick to debating the merits of police reform and quit equating murdering unarmed civilians with property damage. Once again, these arguments are designed to distract from the real issue because of course you can't defend what happened to David Dorn, but nobody is trying to because it's not representative to the protests.

So people whose property is damaged weren't victimized?

Jun 17, 2020, 1:59 PM

People who were killed only count if they were police? What do you think "victim" means? What is the "real issue," again?

See what I mean?

Jun 17, 2020, 2:08 PM

###ing textbook. See how one side of the argument is like "we want to see less murdering people more protecting people out of the police" and the other side is now "but how is thatt fair if a Wendy's gets burned down?"

I have no clue what you're talking about

Jun 17, 2020, 2:18 PM

What the rest of us were talking about is whether the protests were entirely peaceful. Burning things down doesn't do anything to get less people killed by police.

Re: I have no clue what you're talking about

Jun 17, 2020, 2:23 PM

But what will get fewer people murdered by police is protesting.

Maybe it will

Jun 17, 2020, 2:29 PM

We weren't really talking about that, though.

About 1000 people have been killed by police for a few years now. Somewhere between 30-50 are unarmed each year. When you look at the number shot and/or killed in other countries, it's pretty clear we could do better. On the other hand, we also have a lot more violent crime than those countries, and we have a lot more people who are armed.

‘I’m sure some of “them” are very fine people’***

Jun 17, 2020, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Let's see if all of them were "Boogaloo extremists"*** ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's ignore when conservatives are wrong and focus on

Jun 17, 2020, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Let's see if all of them were "Boogaloo extremists"*** ]

when they're right because that's what really matters.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He should absolutely correct himself on that murder

Jun 17, 2020, 1:35 PM

But this doesn't show that the protests were totally peaceful, or that all the violence was caused by white supremacists.

I don't think anybody is making that claim, but I've seen on

Jun 17, 2020, 1:38 PM

this board and others the Tucker-parroted "WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE OVER DAVE PATRICK? I GUESS HE DOESN'T MATTER." And those posters were right...he doesn't matter, now that it was a fringe-militia instigator that killed him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This from the tweet you quoted suggests it:

Jun 17, 2020, 1:45 PM

"Tucker Carlson and other Fox figures frequently mentioned Underwood's killing as proof that protests were violent"

Of course, you could argue she just meant that this particular murder doesn't prove the protests were violent. There seems to be a desire to argue that it's all of one or all of another with these protests. Yes, there was some violence, but yes, they were mostly peaceful.

I’d like to unmute myself for a moment to say

Jun 17, 2020, 2:10 PM [ in reply to I don't think anybody is making that claim, but I've seen on ]

I KINDA LIKE DAN PATRICK NOT SURE WHAT THE BIG DEAL IS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’d like to unmute myself for a moment to say

Jun 17, 2020, 2:12 PM

I miss our substantive talks, Obed.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And nobody claimed the protests were totally peaceful.***

Jun 17, 2020, 1:39 PM [ in reply to He should absolutely correct himself on that murder ]

I agree with camcgee.

Jun 17, 2020, 2:04 PM [ in reply to He should absolutely correct himself on that murder ]

Sure, the OP may have been correct insofar as the one thing he said happened to be true. But the OP fails to prove (a) that there is life on other planets, (b) that "wogging" (some kind of activity between walking and jogging) ever rose to fad status, or (c) camcgee's points about protests not being 100% peaceful.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This would make sense if Tucker Carlson had said that

Jun 17, 2020, 2:23 PM

But this was just one among many instances of violence that Carlson mentioned as examples of violence during the protests and riots.

Re: This would make sense if Tucker Carlson had said that

Jun 17, 2020, 2:43 PM

That should make his retraction all the more painless.

"proof that protests were violent"

Jun 17, 2020, 1:32 PM

what kind of proof is necessary?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Some people want to argue all the violence was unrelated

Jun 17, 2020, 1:34 PM

Or that it was just caused by instigators. But at the same time, they also want to argue that rioting was justified because black people have been totally disenfranchised, and a whole lot of people donated to bail rioters out.

Here's a pic of "some people"

Jun 17, 2020, 1:41 PM

Here you go:

Jun 17, 2020, 1:47 PM

https://www.ellwoodcityledger.com/news/20200602/george-floyd-protests-in-pa-being-hijacked-by-white-supremacists-state-official-says/3

Maybe he's right. But the people I saw looting and burning things certainly didn't all look like white supremacists.

They're talking about one specific protest.

Jun 17, 2020, 1:55 PM

That's not the same as saying none of the protests have been violent or destructive while also defending the violence and destruction.

This is also a great example of whataboutism tactics.

Jun 17, 2020, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Here you go: ]

Because we're no longer talking about the actual topic and you're able to switch from defense, which would be impossible, to offense about some other topic.

You're the one who changed the topic, not me

Jun 17, 2020, 2:00 PM

Maybe stop making generalizations if you don't want specific examples.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

That's right. I'm the one who said let's see if all of them

Jun 17, 2020, 2:07 PM

were "Boogaloo extremists", which changed the topic from someone being dead wrong to a topic where they may be right.

Your specific example didn't actually prove your point, which surprises me because you usually make way more sense than this.

Message was edited by: Murcielago®

Re: Tucker to issue retraction...

Jun 17, 2020, 1:48 PM

Besides which, does our man Tucker not get that Boogaloos apparently come in white supremacist and non-white supremacist flavors, and they're at base apolitical pure anarchists who view social unrest as a chance to give chaos a push and watch organized government fall?

From what I've read about them, anyhow, Boogaloos are against any government, be it liberal or conservative.

I'm not sure how they fit into anybody's narrative, really, except that these guys really seem to be in that "some men just want to watch the world burn" category Alfred was warning Batman about, and that's not really a political agenda as much as, well, an anti-political agenda. They really seem like one of those post-Apocalypse gangs from The Walking Dead.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd never heard of them until like last week

Jun 17, 2020, 1:51 PM

This makes it sound like they are trying to glom onto whatever this movement is because they think it's revolutionary.

The Qanons have been pushing the big luau idea for a while.

Jun 17, 2020, 2:09 PM

Many of them have been prepping for the race war they say has been coming for a long time.

They see this as the beginning tip off to that. Some aren't as racist as one might think; but I do think they have played way too much Call of Duty.

They are such idiots***

Jun 17, 2020, 2:19 PM

Huh, I thought they were primarily white supremacists

Jun 17, 2020, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Tucker to issue retraction... ]

looking to exploit chaos to kick off the coming race war. I'm a good 35% more sympathetic to the "watch the world burn" cause.

They aren't all white supremacists.***

Or at least it's not a requirement.***

Jun 17, 2020, 2:56 PM

Who would win in a fight: Boogaloos or Juggalos?***

Jun 17, 2020, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Tucker to issue retraction... ]

Boogaloos.

Easily. They aren't stoned, and they are fully intent and mostly capable of completing their prophecy. I've met a few of those dudes. Their whole mindset is shifted a few steps right of most reasonable people. The ones I have met aren't necessarily racist; they seem like preppers who have gone the extra mile to stock up enough ammo to last through a pretty detailed fire fight.

Honestly, they scare me a little.

Here's the sad part...

Jun 17, 2020, 2:49 PM

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1273233481573847045

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic