Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maybe Germans - but what exactly is the beef with DW and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Maybe Germans - but what exactly is the beef with DW and

Jan 12, 2021, 7:50 PM

Texans?
I understand DW wants to win and that DH was traded away. But that was prior coach.
Is is simply that DW is unhappy that they did not hire a General Manager he suggested?
Unfortunately, if it is about other players, DW did some of the roster issues to himself, by taking up so much of the cap.I don’t begrudge him getting his, but look at Brady - he always took less in order to surround himself with more talent.

Are there issues that are not being reported? Or am I missing the issue?

Hate to see this go south.

Thoughts?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe Germans - but what exactly is the beef with DW and

Jan 12, 2021, 7:52 PM

They lied to him

Honest people generally get really upset especially when doing business with liars

Message was edited by: RunJumpCatch®

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2021, 7:56 PM

Lied to him about what?
Inside info or rumor ?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Owner said that he'd be involved in the interview/hiring

Jan 13, 2021, 11:15 AM

process of the GM and head coach. From media sources he was not involved at all or his input was not considered. He was lied too. DW4 supposedly also has issues with Texan's insensitivity to social issues. Former players have come out on DW4's side...Watt even apologized to Watson for wasting one of his years. Houston is a hot mess.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/andre-johnson-tells-deshaun-watson-to-hold-his-ground-says-houston-is-known-for-wasting-players-careers/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2021, 8:54 PM

Everyone has their tipping point. He has been gracious with all the idiocy the Texans has done. I don’t blame him for wanting out while he’s in his prime.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Here's the scoop

Jan 13, 2021, 12:53 PM

Texans paid a firm $600,000 to find the best candidates. The firm gave them a list with recommendations. So far, so good.

Texans offered the job to Omar Khan, VP Football Ops for the Steelers, and began contract negotiations. So far, so good.

Jack Easterby, who is the real problem, then goes to Call McNair (the owner) and does the hard sell and convinced him to cut off negotiations with Khan and hire Nick Caserio. He did this because a new independent GM would be a threat to his power.

There is a boatload more detail but that's all I feel like typing on this tablet right now.

Take my word for it, the Texans are in complete disarray. I want DW4 traded so I can root for his new team.

Fans here are completely disgusted with the franchise.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's the scoop

Jan 13, 2021, 1:32 PM

agreed.
More info here:
https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/houston-hoodwinked-can-texans-owner-cal-mcnair-see-through-jack-easterby-ploys

he needs to get out of there. Deshaun isn't a whiner.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic