Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
May 1st Teacher Strike - Tell me why I am an a$$hole for not
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 69
| visibility 1

May 1st Teacher Strike - Tell me why I am an a$$hole for not

Apr 30, 2019, 7:55 AM

giving a fuck

*Wife is in education, mom is former educator, brother is current teacher taking Wednesday off to "protest"

Am I am as##### for not caring about this protest and thinking that they should probably stay at their jobs and get work done? If I didn't show up one day to protest, pretty sure I would at least get a reprimand.

Anyways, just got an email from one of my kid's teachers that she is taking the day to go to Columbia and protest, leaving the long time assistant and a substitute with the class. Looks like a wasted day of instruction. My other two kids have standardized testing that day so hopefully the protesting doesn't disrupt their day too much. Wife said she may have to step into classrooms tomorrow because so many people will be out protesting that they may not have enough substitutes. I told her they should offer her substitute teacher pay for the day on top of her salary but I bet that doesn't happen.

Sincerely,

A cynical as#####

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Private school. That way you can pay for the ingrates and

Apr 30, 2019, 8:13 AM

then pay for a quality education at the same time.

My son is about to start the state tests they do every year. The school is basically shutting down for THREE DAYS for the tests. Son says if you hurry through them you can finish the test in about 3-4 hours. Others take all day. FOR THREE DAYS.

I mean it's like the freaking SAT, worse actually. The State of SC can get all the info they need about my son's progress in an hour or two tops.

Meanwhile, teachers are all freaked out and stressed, and that's trickled down to the students who are all freaked out and stressed. We're getting emails about proper sleep and breakfasts before the testing. Study reminders too. It's sad seeing teachers stressed about a test students are going to take. I never once had a teacher/professor appear even slightly stressed about a test.

As for my son, I'm not worried in the least. He will get a full ride somewhere someday. Way smarter than I was. He's already top in his class and is bored at school. His mistakes are usually because he hurries too much. I told him be better take his time and read the questions carefully.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how old is your son?***

Apr 30, 2019, 8:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4th grade

Apr 30, 2019, 8:28 AM

He's already in their accelerated program. Still bored. Last year he had the hardest teacher in the school (so we heard) and she said he underachieves, which I know. She basically told us that she would push him harder but can't. In fact, of all his teachers, last year's teacher was the only one I'd really call a teacher. She was the oldest teacher at the school and had been teaching like 25 years+, which is rare. Every other teacher he's had has been a early 20's ditz.

And don't get me going on the principal. Sanctimony and arrogance are her two best qualities. They decline from there. She tried to get the whole elementary school k-5th grade on a no-letter grading system, then tried to explain the 1,2, and 3's to the parents, and when the doctors, lawyers, engineers, bankers, etc. (professionals with advanced degrees) couldn't figure it out, she then told us basically that's why it's so great because they're the experts in educating our children, they know how to apply the grades, and we're just dolts. Grade A #####. She's leaving this year too, go figure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everybody's kid is the smartest kid in school, bruh

Apr 30, 2019, 8:32 AM

I know because I have the smartest two in one particular school.

True story, I went to high school with some REALLY smart kids that lacked motivation and lacked a challenge. Said school was boring because it was so easy. There was a set of twins who never went to college, one went to the Navy and the other may be cooking or something somewhere. The other one went to PC and is now a stay-at-home mom and makes clothes for her kids to wear.

Make sure your kid has drive, that can kill their ambition.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are they hot?***

Apr 30, 2019, 8:48 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Asking the real questions. ^^^

Apr 30, 2019, 8:52 AM

also, pigs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol at thinking I am describing hotties and also

Apr 30, 2019, 9:02 AM

assuming they are all female.

Side note, he isn't a cook somewhere, he works at Classic Firearms and his twin brother is in the Navy.

Well, if you'd have left this out

Apr 30, 2019, 9:10 AM

"The other one went to PC and is now a stay-at-home mom and makes clothes for her kids to wear."

Way to Aero some #### up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, if you'd have left this out

Apr 30, 2019, 9:17 AM

We all agree the school system is broken and that something needs to be done.

Sure.....the teacher salary isn't the greatest but the retirement benefits are pretty strong. We work with several educators who retired under the TERI plan. I promise a teachers retirement package (pensions/insurance, etc) is better than most of ours here.

Not any more.

Apr 30, 2019, 10:02 AM

State retirement kind of blows these days.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't say he's the smartest, just in his classroom.

Apr 30, 2019, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Everybody's kid is the smartest kid in school, bruh ]

I know several smarter than him. That wasn't my point. My point is my son, and about 10 of his friends I know, are not being challenged in school. We instill drive at home, then you go to school and they want to slow you down. You challenge a student in the classroom and they will have drive, and keep it through life, no matter how smart or dumb they are.

But there's this test. The state says every student has to know XY and Z by this grade level. And since that's how teacher pay/school funding is assessed, that test is all that matters. No need to go beyond it. Just give the students who are ahead busy work doing the SAME STUFF over and over while concentrating efforts on those who have trouble.

These are the latest stats from my high school's senior class (this year). The student/teacher ratio is 9:1 and the average teacher there has been teaching 16 years.

Class of 2018:
Last year's senior class graduated 74 students.
Members of the Class of 2018 were accepted to 109 colleges in 27 states, the District of Columbia, Canada and Scotland.
They will attend 37 colleges in 18 states and the District of Columbia.
Class members were admitted to numerous Ivy League and highly selective schools including Duke, Georgetown, Harvard, University of Pennsylvania, West Point, Vanderbilt, and more.
Nine members of the class were recognized by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation; six were named National Merit Commended Scholars, three were named National Merit Scholars, and two were named National Hispanic Scholars.
Two members of the class were named U.S. Presidential Scholar Candidates, one of the nation's highest honors for high school students.
The average SAT score was 1307, and the average ACT was 28.9.
47% of the class scored 1350 on the SAT or 29 on the ACT or higher.
67 members (91%) of the class completed 299 Advanced Placement courses and exams before completing their diplomas.
70% completed three or more AP courses and exams.
57% completed four or more AP courses and exams.
42% completed five or more AP courses and exams.
27% completed six or more AP courses and exams.
17 students (23% of the class) met the qualifications to be named South Carolina Palmetto Fellows, the state's highest lottery funded scholarship award.
Members of the Class of 2018 were offered merit scholarships in excess of $8.2 million dollars.
Five will continue their athletic careers at the collegiate level in cheerleading, basketball, and football.
21 students (28% of the class) of the class earned GPA's of 4.5 or higher and were awarded the designation of Honor Graduate.

I think teachers will all agree the best way to challenge

Apr 30, 2019, 9:03 AM

young minds is to have them study lessons in a bombed-out building in inner city Mogadishu while simultaneously defending their position from the warring factions trying to gain control of that territory for their nefarious criminal enterprises.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would call out your tougue-in-cheekiness

Apr 30, 2019, 9:08 AM

But I think your tongue is laying somewhere on the floor. You need to put it back in first. Then I'll call you out. ;)

I take umbrage at your not taking my serious suggestions

Apr 30, 2019, 9:13 AM

seriously.

UMBRAGE, I SAY.

I take Umbro's at your not taking me seriously

Apr 30, 2019, 9:15 AM

I did not know it was Dress Liek Greenr Day today.

Apr 30, 2019, 9:22 AM

Imagine my embarrassment at showing up with pants on.

Echo some of Greenr's sentiment

Apr 30, 2019, 9:20 AM [ in reply to 4th grade ]

but using my own kid as the example. His sister is 17 and bright, but probably not as naturally bright as he is. She works and works at homework and studies constantly. She knows what she wants and knows how hard she has to work for it. She's got great grades and is headed wherever she wants to go.

He is 15 and form 1st through 4th grade, before there was much homework, he was 100's all the time. Sometimes he's hurry through stuff and not get it. He could read the Harry Potter books within a few years of starting to read and recite chapter and verse all the details. I think he read the Lord of the Rings when he was in third grade. But he would struggle with reading comprehension when he didn't want to read something.

Then homework became a thing and he still did well because he always killed the tests and quizzes, but no more 100 averages. Then high school hit. He had his first AP class and all of a sudden, that homework grade is a killer. Not only that, it's a MUCH harder class with much more work required than he's had to do before. He finds himself sitting on a C and freaking out self confidence wise because it's not so easy finally. We've spent this whole year working him back to being on the right page.

No criticism here, just saying, you gotta watch the bright ones who don't have to work because if they ever have to it can hit them pretty hard.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know I'm an ####### because I grow tired

Apr 30, 2019, 8:25 AM

of the teacher griping when they know from day one the pay and work sucks. Maybe things have gotten far worse for people who've been in the game for years, but still they knew what the conditions were when going down that path.

On the other hand, I had no fuggin clue the #### poor salary I'd be earning for years.

I remember how easy college was for my friends who were

Apr 30, 2019, 8:27 AM

in education. When I had exams and labs and reports due, they were working on bulletin boards and crap like that. They also publish all salary data for teachers at all school districts and, as far as I know, don't stray from that. They knew what they were getting in to.

#SummersOff
#SpringBreak
#WinterBreak

It's not the salary. I had excellent teachers as a kid who

Apr 30, 2019, 8:34 AM [ in reply to I know I'm an ####### because I grow tired ]

were paid less than public school teachers (at the time). The problem is the lack of consistency in the curriculum, the testing, and the lack of any freedom to teach as teachers SHOULD teach. I mean there are two tiers of education. You have the regular classroom and the accelerated program, which meets a few hours a week. But the teachers are not allowed to accelerate a student past a certain point. Parents were flat out told this. They want everyone ready for testing each year, so if a student masters everything needed, they are given busy work while others who need help are attended to. They are not allowed to advance above their grade level.

This is just so foreign to me because where I went to school every student was pushed to their capabilities. We had a student who was late every morning in high school because he was taking advanced calculus courses at USC. By 9th grade he had placed out of all of the math they could offer. So he was pushed right out the door and into college math courses, while taking all the others.

So why then when I Google about the protest does a

Apr 30, 2019, 8:50 AM

demand for a 10% raise come up first?

They took the jobs knowing the pay. They had no idea how

Apr 30, 2019, 8:59 AM

bad it would SUCK, so they want more pay. They want to teach children, not become wealthy. It's an honorable and noble cause. But then they enter the system, see how screwed up it is, how much their hands are tied, how little control and flexibility they have, and how institutionalized it is, and they leave disgruntled (or want more $$$ to deal with the crap they have to deal with that's not educating children).

The highest paid teachers in this state are in the worst performing counties. The per-pupil expenditures are highest in the worst performing districts. Money isn't the problem.

Re: It's not the salary. I had excellent teachers as a kid who

Apr 30, 2019, 8:51 AM [ in reply to It's not the salary. I had excellent teachers as a kid who ]

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/education/2019/04/29/teacher-protest-walkout-different-reactions-from-sc-nc-school-districts-sc-for-ed/3566546002/

I'm behind the teachers 100%.

Apr 30, 2019, 8:30 AM

And I hope they are totally successful in getting back the solid educational foundation of public caning as a form of discipline that America was built on. That's really all they're asking for tomorrow, you know.

Mom was an Assistant Principal. I distinctly remember a

Apr 30, 2019, 8:33 AM

paddle in her bottom right drawer that was used on occasion. I was once the recipient of that paddle.

Paddling is child's play.

Apr 30, 2019, 8:38 AM

Without the horrific life-long scars from caning to remind students of their place in this world, what have we REALLY accomplished with just a mere paddle?

something something s&m something buttplug***

Apr 30, 2019, 8:39 AM

If we raised taxes, maybe they could spring for a

Apr 30, 2019, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Paddling is child's play. ]

Cat of 9 Tails for severe offenses and some hair shirts for dumb kids to wear.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Politically, I completely disagree with you.

Apr 30, 2019, 8:48 AM

Why raise taxes when you can force those kids to labor in a third world style sweatshop making athletic shoes for Nike to pay these necessary educational expenses?

I figured it was about money.

Apr 30, 2019, 8:37 AM [ in reply to I'm behind the teachers 100%. ]

I agree with them if it's not about money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In that case, I agree.

Apr 30, 2019, 8:41 AM [ in reply to I'm behind the teachers 100%. ]

Like Herbert Hoover said, "There should be a cane on every kid's butt and a book on every desk."

Herbert Hoover was exactly right.

Apr 30, 2019, 8:43 AM

Going upside a kid's head with a thick book works too.

Ahhh, Herbert Hoover, the famous inventor of the Dyson***

Apr 30, 2019, 8:45 AM

You're thinking about D1ck Dyson***

Apr 30, 2019, 8:57 AM

Lol. 4th grade teacher caught a student sleeping

Apr 30, 2019, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Herbert Hoover was exactly right. ]

with his head on his desk. I watched her look around the room for the thickest book she could find. She walked over, grabbed it, and went to the sleeping student's desk. She carefully opened it up exactly halfway then slammed it shut. Sounded like a gunshot. SWAT would be called in if this happened today I'm sure.

Kid jumped up screaming. We all died laughing. NO ONE ever fell asleep in her class again.

Re: May 1st Teacher Strike - Tell me why I am an a$$hole for not

Apr 30, 2019, 8:38 AM

AMEN Greenr!

Wife has tons of friends that are teachers. Some of these beeshes are decently smart... like not Engineer smart, but maybe nurse smart... others are so dumb that I don't think they could crack 1000 on the SAT. In fact, I know that two of them made in the 800's and had to go to Columbia College. These ####### whine and complain about their pay and I usually just leave the room. On a rare occasion, I've told them to #### and go find a better job if they don't like the pay. That is always met with crickets. If they're doing it because it's a noble cause, then shut up about the pay. If they're doing it for the money, then they're too dumb/lazy to get a better job. I don't think there's a third option... Like you said, they knew what they were getting into before they ever signed up.

I could actually see myself "retiring" from industry when I hit my mid 50's or maybe 60 and start teaching at the local district technology center. Hours would be great, it would give me insurance, and I could teach young men about anything from welding, to engineering, to construction... whatever they needed. I had a guy like that when I was in HS and he seemed to like it. He was an "engineer" that taught a class called Pre-Engineering. We sat around and watched This Old House Episodes every day, learned how to install a three way light switch, and he brought in biscuits every Friday.

I digress. We're in a pinch where SarahAdidas can't take another absence from work without a write-up and I just flat out refuse to stay home... so if they decide to cancel school with 1 day notice, I'm dropping my kids off at the district office and let the superintendent and his secretaries watch the kids. Eff em.

My HS Drafting teacher was like that. Watched alot of

Apr 30, 2019, 8:43 AM

This Old House and learned to draft on ACAD R14 (or MAYBE R13...either way it had the little track pad off to the side, not windows icons). I would love to teach that class. $40k per year with easy hours...nice...

Re: My HS Drafting teacher was like that. Watched alot of

Apr 30, 2019, 8:51 AM

We also had some stay at home mom that taught accounting. She had been a CPA but didn't need the money or want the hours. Those type of people really do make the best teachers... not some ditsy 20 something year old chick who is only marginally smarter than the elementary school kids she teaches. I had another teacher who was hired because he was a good softball coach. Dude didn't even have a college degree. We called him by his first name, "Troy". He taught drafting. We just played Tony Hawk Skater and Quake on the computers every day in plain sight and nobody gave a crap. They made us use the computer lab in the building where all of the mentally handicapped kids where kept. They didn't need the lab, since their entire curriculum involved folding clothes and practice stocking shelves in a pretend store they had setup. My brother had him for a class called "Fire Fighting". He had been a fire fighter prior to teaching so they let him teach a class where a bunch of boys practiced climbing ladders, shooting off fire extinguishers, and burning trash in barrels.

again... sorry, that has nothng to do with the topic...

always thought they got paid pretty well for part-time work

Apr 30, 2019, 8:47 AM

where else you gonna make that kind of money getting June, July and most of the month of December off?

Re: always thought they got paid pretty well for part-time work

Apr 30, 2019, 8:50 AM

I wonder if FBCOACH has a pair of BIKE coach's shorts?

Apr 30, 2019, 8:56 AM

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/2-prs-bike-coaches-shorts-royal-blue?a=198054

All of our coaches wore them. Like Greenr, but fat with unrealistically big bulges

(bulges may have seemed big at the time because I was a kid... not completely sure)

FBCoachSC®

To call it part time work is pretty arrogant, but

Apr 30, 2019, 8:59 AM [ in reply to always thought they got paid pretty well for part-time work ]

I see what you are suggesting.

the last thing I mean to be is arrogant

Apr 30, 2019, 9:20 AM

I remember my teachers back in school either spent their summers travelling to cool places (something I've never had the time to do as an adult), or had other jobs supplementing their income. I knew one who worked on the golf course with me (a high school kid) during the summer. Others worked some tourist-season job in Hilton Head, or did other type of summer-job work.

If my pay as an engineer got truncated by 25% and I got three months off in trade, not sure I could justify complaining. That's all I am saying. I'd be poorer, but probably be a heck less stressed out and be a much better golfer and fisherman. Or I'd have a side job honing a skill/trade like woodworking, carpentry, or maybe even running drugs up I-95. Imagine having a job where you had a choice of either much more free time, or enough time to develop a decent trade with side income. Some of us struggle to take the 15 days of vacation we are given every year because of never-ending responsibilities.

Life is all about making the most of the free time you have.

Re: always thought they got paid pretty well for part-time work

Apr 30, 2019, 9:17 AM [ in reply to always thought they got paid pretty well for part-time work ]

I invite any of you to substitute for one week in any classroom in SC and I believe we will see some attitude changes.

Meh, this is a terrible argument. I didn't go into teaching

Apr 30, 2019, 11:36 AM

for a number of reasons. Dealing with other people's shithead kids is one big one. The other big one would be the pay. Yeah, that is a tough job. My job might be tough for some people too.

Apr 30, 2019, 9:07 AM

https://youtu.be/QQskB2JJql4

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

At about what point in time does one learn that teachers

Apr 30, 2019, 9:07 AM

don't make much money? I don;t know about anyone else, but I started hearing teachers grumble about their pay around teh time I was in elementary school. So I knew years before I attended college that teachers don;t make much money.

Do teachers not hear this same type of info floating around?

I, also don't care whether they protest or not because no kids, buts thats a whole 'nother thing. And it seems kind of odd that they are gonna start protesting right BEFORE they don;t have to work for 3 months. I mean if I'm not working for 3 months, that would mean I'm fired.

The money isn't worth what they end up having to deal with

Apr 30, 2019, 9:14 AM

The second part of that being the deal breaker for most. Teachers are all young today because they're leaving after 5-10 years and realizing their dream of educating children is not what they thought it would be.

My son's first grade teacher was a man. Aside from that somewhat oddity, which I could deal with, half his hair was dyed BLUE. He has dark hair on the top half of his head, and BRIGHT BLUE dyed hair in the lower half. There were exactly zero male teachers in elementary school when I was a kid. Male teachers started in 6th grade onward. And I never had, or saw, a teacher with blue hair. EVER.

So are you arguing they should be paid more? Or have to

Apr 30, 2019, 9:17 AM

deal with less?

Also, are you against personal expression?

How much flare are you wearing?***

Apr 30, 2019, 9:18 AM

I'd argue you could pay them less, or the same if they

Apr 30, 2019, 9:30 AM [ in reply to So are you arguing they should be paid more? Or have to ]

didn't have to deal with all the crap they have to deal with that they never expected to have to deal with in their job. If you have job satisfaction and a rewarding working environment, you can pay less. Generally in all professions, when someone accepts a job or position they have expectations about that job. If they get into it and the job changes, they end up doing another job entirely, or are micro-managed, or whatever, they generally do one of two things. One is leave and find a new job. The other is stay and demand more pay to deal with all the extra stuff they never knew about when they accepted the job originally. This applies to all professions, not just teaching. But I'd argue among all professions, teaching throws more curves to new hires than any other profession, and they're not good ones either.

As for personal expression, do that on your own time. I know in my business if I walked into court and testified in front of a judge, my client would never use me again if I had half my hair dyed blue, or wore Jesus sandals and torn bluejeans and a tie dye t-shirt. If you want respect, show it.

Dude, several of my teachers were blue hairs and even

Apr 30, 2019, 9:27 AM [ in reply to The money isn't worth what they end up having to deal with ]

recalled my dad, aunts, and uncle being in school.

I had an old substitute named Miss Pike.

Apr 30, 2019, 9:29 AM

This was in the mid 90's.

She also taught daddyadidas and grandaddyadidas. Grandaddyadidas graduated from HS in 1940.

She made me cry one time because I didn't want to eat the cafeteria fish sticks, but she made me do it and they tasted so bad that I cried. Subsequently I was called Crying Ryan for the better part of a decade.

I had a couple teachers that remembered my dad.

Apr 30, 2019, 9:35 AM

My middle school at the time was the high school when DadofAyejoe was in HS.

Apparently DadofAyejoe drove his Ford Falcon down the breezeway senior year after graduation.

Ahh, no one beats the infamous Bruce Spigner

Apr 30, 2019, 10:48 AM [ in reply to I had an old substitute named Miss Pike. ]

She was a substitute when I was in high school. She taught my dad in 1942 when he was in elementary school. She had a reputation that preceded her. Everyone HATED it when she would substitute and she's the only sub I ever saw where the kids were MORE behaved than they were for the normal teacher. Like you could hear a pin drop in her class.

Imagine a 200-lb 80 year old Janet Reno who chain smokes Apline menthol cigarettes. That's about the best way to describe her. And she had this husky voice that sounds a little more masculine than #### Butkus (no doubt cigarette induced).

One day I received a high compliment from her. She said "You're (father of Tiggity's) son, aren't you?" I said, "Yes, ma'am". She said, "Well, boy, you must take after your mamma because your dad was a little hellion". Another time a kid who never experienced her answered with a "yeah". She said, "Boy, didn't your momma teach you any manners? You're supposed to say ma'am to a lady". Another famous quote is "A paper should be written like a woman's dress, long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to keep it interesting." And the most famous was when she told us of the rumor that there was "a ###### in Thomas Jefferson's woodpile".

She was a bull-#### if you ever met one. She had a "roomate" she lived with for 45+ years. She wouldn't last 2 hours in a public school classroom today. An hour longer and the school would be sued.

Did the carpet match the pubes?***

Apr 30, 2019, 9:27 AM [ in reply to The money isn't worth what they end up having to deal with ]

Go eat your fish sticks, Cryin' Ryan!***

Apr 30, 2019, 9:31 AM

Re: Go eat your fish sticks, Cryin' Ryan!***

Apr 30, 2019, 9:44 AM

you are correct, this has been an issue for, like, forever?

Apr 30, 2019, 9:30 AM [ in reply to At about what point in time does one learn that teachers ]

my dream job growing us was to be a forest ranger, a DNR guy who had a truck riding the dirt roads out in the woods, or riding on a boat all day in the swamp. A couple of my friends growing up had dads who were forest rangers, and they would take us way out in the boonies sometimes so we could see what they did. Man, what a cool life those guys had.

But when I got to Clemson and found out they averaged $21,000 a year, I switched majors from forestry to engineering. That dream was shattered quick-like.

90% of the workers here at Facebook School

Apr 30, 2019, 9:35 AM

don't give a fuqqe. That's mainly because our boss is a hard ### and nobody wants to have a conversation with him about taking tomorrow off.

I have too much work to do getting ready for facebook spring season to give a #### about this.

But yes. Raise my pay.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I'm not sure you actually deserve any kind of raise

Apr 30, 2019, 10:26 AM

until you can show significant improvement in kids passing your study hall.

Arent you getting fired for looking at pron at work?***

Apr 30, 2019, 11:23 AM [ in reply to 90% of the workers here at Facebook School ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I'm wanking out before then

Apr 30, 2019, 11:38 AM

first amendment

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

My wife's in education so I can say this...

Apr 30, 2019, 10:13 AM

But in general, I think teachers (at the elementary and middle school level) are dumber than they used to be.

Seems like the ones with half a brain get out of the classroom as quickly as possible. I'm sure it has always been like that to a degree. I know my wife said she would never recommend to anyone becoming a teacher unless they were a Type C personality and just wanted a job where it's impossible to be fired. No chance you can have a Type A personality and be a teacher these days with all the inefficiencies of the public school system.

Apr 30, 2019, 10:33 AM

Not an ########.

Standardized testing is around the corner here in NC and my son's school is closed for the day.

How about taking a day during summer vacation to protest!

Take it to the skreets, ####. My wife

Apr 30, 2019, 11:05 AM

Went back to teaching last year after two stints as a stay at home mom. He salary in Collier County, Fl.(highest per capita income in FL.) Is less than $42,000 after teaching around 6 or 7 years all together.

The only reason teachers are so disrespected is that they are 90% female. If it was 90% men, I'd guess they would be making at least 50,000 plus.

TAKE IT TO THE SKREETS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder how much money I'd be making if I randomly

Apr 30, 2019, 11:45 AM

quit for several years to be a stay at home dad?

Just ballparking here but I’d guess $105,000.***

Apr 30, 2019, 11:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pay them all $100K and the outcome will not change.***

Apr 30, 2019, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Take it to the skreets, ####. My wife ]

Replies: 69
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic