Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Matt Baker: Why Jimbo Fisher deserves blame for FSU football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Matt Baker: Why Jimbo Fisher deserves blame for FSU football

May 30, 2019, 12:53 PM

https://www.bnd.com/sports/college/article230976943.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fisher

May 30, 2019, 1:08 PM

This article reminds me of President Obama blaming Bush for the problems of his administration.
Everyone was not just being nice to Fisher when his last four classes were ranked. There were good athletes on the team Taggart inherited. Yep,Jimbo did not do a good job coaching near the end of his FSU tenure, but Taggart's team looked simply terrible.

I wonder how long FSU fans and Florida media guys will try to prop Taggart up? I say he'll get a full four year run. At the end of that spell, FSU will be dead in the water, behind Florida, Miami and Central Florida in the Sunshine State. In the ACC the Noles will be behind Clemson, Miami, VT, Va, Syracuse and probably NCSU.

Welcome to the doldrums FSU fans. It's going to be a long, long time before you make much noise on the gridiron.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Decent indicator of how undisciplined Taggart's FSU...

May 30, 2019, 1:13 PM

was in 2018.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/penalties-per-game

Worst in all of D1 college football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd have to agree that Fisher laid that bad groundwork

May 30, 2019, 1:27 PM

I have several friends in Tally and they all agree that Jimbo is to blame on where things are now. Willie has had one year. He didn't recruit any of those players, and he inherited the "culture" (or lack thereof) that Jimbo had left behind. He inherited guys of questionable to no character, there was no cohesiveness, and no real identity. Once they got behind the 8-ball in their record, they didn't know what they were playing for. They were lost. The home blowout to us was perhaps the dagger in the heart of the players and the fans. If they weren't playing for an ACC championship and a CFP berth, they had no idea what they were playing for, so they quit playing.

I agree that they'll give Willie maybe 4 years (3 more) unless something egregious happens. He has a lot of work to do in every facet of the game and the team - leadership, culture, coaches, recruiting, attitude, etc. That can't be changed overnight or even in one, maybe two, seasons.

My first suggestion - dump that STUPID turnover backpack. That thing is the most laughable thing in college football. Embarrassing. Pathetic. FSU teams of old would have NEVER accepted that stupidity.

I love seeing FSU suck and get blown out, but I also like to have that competitive game every year. I'm hoping they at least get remotely competitive this year, but that we, again, beat the pants off of them.

Re: Matt Baker: Why Jimbo Fisher deserves blame for FSU football

May 30, 2019, 1:38 PM

Reasons for FSU to be in Current State: 1. Clemson 2. Clemson 3. Clemson 4. Clemson T5. Jimbo T5. WT

At least this is how I like to view it

Because people are afraid to blame it on Taggart...

May 30, 2019, 1:40 PM

for certain reasons.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Taggart has looked awful.....

May 31, 2019, 3:06 PM

....every step of the way at FSU. His first presser looked and sounded terrible. Immediately afterward he adopted the odd idea of doing the FSU hand chop every single time he got out of a car, walked by fans, met the media or in any way was public. He looked like an idiot.

His team walked onto the field vs VT in the opening kickoff full of swagger then gave up an opening drive TD. Later, FSU got a punt blocked for a TD. FSU ended up scoring 3 points vs a Vt team that would go 6-7. No offense and no defense, loss #1.

Then the hideous lady backpack? Lead the nation in penalties?

A lot of other coaches would have looked much much better in year 1 with FSU talent.

I think Taggart will fail miserably.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic