Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Masterful coaching job by Brownell...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Masterful coaching job by Brownell...

Feb 16, 2015, 8:43 PM

Can someone remind me again why this is much better than the product OP put on the court?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hush!

Feb 16, 2015, 8:46 PM

you have been just chomping at the bit to get on here and rant when something bad happens.

We don't need you!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hush!

Feb 16, 2015, 8:49 PM

Yea that's exactly what I do.

Feb 16, 2015, 9:09 PM

Yep you in basketball and 117 in baseball

Feb 16, 2015, 9:11 PM

Wrong little buddy and once again you just cant keep my name out of your mouth. It is sad.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

that seems to be your M.O.***

Feb 17, 2015, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Hush! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I think Brownell is a good coach, but his recruiting ...

Feb 16, 2015, 8:48 PM

... has been woeful.

I get it, we don't have any history or pedigree, so we are a tough draw and not very attractive to high school kids. But he has to get some better athletes and shooters into the program. Our guards are OK, but are big men are woeful (and not really showing much improvement).

Re: I think Brownell is a good coach, but his recruiting ...

Feb 16, 2015, 8:54 PM

He coaches boring, white boy basketball.

Our players have shown flashes but we just aren't consistent. The only way we win is if we shoot well.

I said "better athletes and shooters", did you miss that?

Feb 16, 2015, 8:57 PM

nm

Feb 16, 2015, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I think Brownell is a good coach, but his recruiting ... ]

Captain obvious!

Feb 16, 2015, 9:27 PM [ in reply to Re: I think Brownell is a good coach, but his recruiting ... ]

I wish we had some white boys! What's wrong with white boys?

Feb 16, 2015, 10:35 PM

We have an all-Black team - and we lose all the time. Do they just not understand the game of BBall? Duke seems to win with White guys. Hmmm - I'm sensing a pattern here. Maybe it's NOT the coach - it's the players that don't know how to play the game. Well doggone - we've all been looking in the wrong direction for the problem. Get rid of the Black guys and recruit all-White guys. Problem solved.

Feb 16, 2015, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I think Brownell is a good coach, but his recruiting ... ]

nice racist posts

null

Feb 16, 2015, 9:30 PM

Shutup.

I'm a white boy that's played basketball my entire life.

Feb 16, 2015, 9:47 PM

You must have wanted to be black. Did you think that would help LOL

No, just a dumb coot with no clue and nothing better to do.***

Feb 17, 2015, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: I think Brownell is a good coach, but his recruiting ... ]

Feb 17, 2015, 12:11 AM [ in reply to Re: I think Brownell is a good coach, but his recruiting ... ]

And OP won how? With masterful offensive minded genius players? OP was win and die by the sword... Press press press. He never made half time or in game adjustments. His players hardly progressed nor improved from year to year. His own recruiting was woeful BC his teams free throw shooting percentages did not improve.

Tonights loss was inexcusable. Coach BB did not make adjustments fast enough, went to zone too late, and he stayed with a few guys too long as it was not their night tonight. Lastly he should have absolutely lit into some of the guys with the boneheaded plays they made and the settling for jumpers.

But with all that said...
Clemson was trying to win 11 straight over GA Tech and Clemson was not going to shoot anything like they did vs VA Tech. So they were due to stink on offense. They should have won, but didn't finish.

Coach BB should have known that would be the case with this team.

This team is not a NCAA team, but it is going to exceed preseason expectations.

Finally, a poster who gets it. Thanks for the sensible post

Feb 17, 2015, 9:52 AM

which is right on target!!

Re: Masterful coaching job by Brownell...

Feb 16, 2015, 8:51 PM

I'm not going to bash Coach but he is not as great as some of these people think he is.

You know Dean Smith lost his first season

Feb 16, 2015, 8:55 PM

Whatever...

Is this Brad's first season?

Feb 16, 2015, 9:36 PM

oh wait no his first season was the only one we made the NCAAs in. Honestly BB got lucky and struck gold with KJ. Without him a year ago we're a mediocre team all 4 years since that tourney year.

KJ improved TREMENDOUSLY under BB. Love when

Feb 17, 2015, 9:55 AM

posters point out all the negatives but never the positives.

Why do people keep bringing up OP? He left Clemson

Feb 16, 2015, 9:06 PM

I just do not understand the obsession people have for a guy who did not want to be here

He knew he had seen his better days when he left,look at

Feb 16, 2015, 9:15 PM

Depaul,would you rather have their team

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see it different..

Feb 17, 2015, 5:38 AM

He ran for the dough and was way overpaid and would rather live in Chicago than Clemson. I think he would have continued to do fairly well at Clemson had he stayed.

OP's style was fun to watch but that was about it. I think

Feb 16, 2015, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Why do people keep bringing up OP? He left Clemson ]

it was king of gimmicky. Any team that had good ball handlers would kill our press. we couldn't hit free throws if we threw it in the ocean. He was able to beat a bunch of OOC teams with better athletes, not better basketball players. His best year was 3rd in the ACC with no Pitt, UL, ex'Cuse, ND, and a Carolina team that finished with 5 wins in conference. Sure, he got us to the big dance but that was it. Brownell's play-in game win exceeded OP's tourney win-loss record.

I think he's trying to get better basketball players, not just athletes. I'd say we would have a team that looks a lot like UVA right now. The biggest problem is we don't have any consistent players we can count on. He has to mix and match line ups to find a hot hand. If we could just get some ### offense and stop these 4-6 minute scoring droughts we might win some games.

Is there a way to put the entire team on some bi-polar medication? They'll play great one game, then look like the aliens from Space Jam stole their abilities the next game. I figure our smartest coach is Winiecki, he shaves his head so he doesn't have to pull his hair out.

kind of, not king of.***

Feb 16, 2015, 11:13 PM

Re: Masterful coaching job by Brownell...

Feb 16, 2015, 10:45 PM

Need i remind you of martin?

wait-

Feb 17, 2015, 3:55 AM

You mean if we don't make the ball go thru the basket, then we will lose?

####. Now I have it all figured out!

At least when it doesn't go in we still have a chance due to our elite defense.

24 hr turnaround for a road game = tough for anyone. We benefitted from that scenario earlier this year at home.

This boring white boy basketball has a group of guys who were picked last on the verge of an NCAA bid. OP ran from a roster with better talent than this one. Ran. As in the middle of the night so scared he wouldn't touch it ran. But we see what he is made of.

Go crawl back under your rock.

Re: wait-

Feb 17, 2015, 9:41 AM

The problem is we live and die by our streaky shooting.

We don't play inside out because we have nobody that can make a move in the post.

We do play hard defense but you can't hold teams under 60 points every night especially in this league.

What has to happen for you to see that this is not a good basketball team and our program is not progressing under Brownell?

Feb 17, 2015, 10:09 AM

There are a lot of things you can not pick at and criticize, but the development of our post play is not one of them. Landry demands a double every time he touches the ball. Josh smith has actually become a decent ACC player. Djitte gets better every time he goes on the floor.

Thanks for reference point for what I am dealing with here. Nuff said.

Feb 17, 2015, 10:33 AM

Wow so we have great post play, elite defense, and a genius for a head coach.

Wonder why we haven't made the NCAA tournament in 4 years?

Feb 17, 2015, 10:54 AM

If you have ever flipped on a tv during march, then you would know what it takes.....

Guard play or lottery pick or 2 on the wings. Scorers. We lost that guy. The next one isn't ready yet.

Anything else I can help you understand? Maybe something a little more challenging like some motion concepts or defensive rotations?

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic