Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ok college football experts....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Ok college football experts....

Aug 23, 2018, 11:56 AM

Give me a team not currently ranked in AP Poll top 25 that will finish the season in the top 15-20 rankings.
My buddy loves Nebraska here

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SCU...

Aug 23, 2018, 11:57 AM

will not finish in the top 15-20, or even the top 25.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Master of the obvious pal***

Aug 23, 2018, 11:59 AM

pal?***

Aug 23, 2018, 12:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: pal?***

Aug 23, 2018, 12:29 PM

No personal attacks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anybody think Boston College gets in top 15-20 ?***

Aug 23, 2018, 12:00 PM

Re: Ok college football experts....

Aug 23, 2018, 12:06 PM

Iowa Hawkeye's

Iowa is good until that big bowl of vanilla ice cream

Aug 23, 2018, 12:09 PM

of an offense plays a faster southern team in the bowl game.

Aug 23, 2018, 12:26 PM

BC, Nebraska,Duke

Boston College***

Aug 23, 2018, 12:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2018, 12:41 PM

Florida. Easy schedule. They should be 9-3 at worst. If Mullen can make anything of the qb situation there, they could surprise some people.

I think it'll take Nebraska a year or 2, and this year's schedule is brutal. They travel to Michigan, Wisconsin and Ohio State. Get Mich St at home. That's likely 4 losses right there imo. I would expect they'll drop at least 1-2 others as well.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Arizona in the top 25 at the end of the year.

BC is going to be a tough team to play, but they have a pretty tough schedule as well. Tough for me to see them winning more than 1 of Clemson, @FSU, Miami, and @VT.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Florida's schedule isn't the most difficult I've seen but

Aug 23, 2018, 1:36 PM

it's definitely not easy. They play UGA in Jax, at FSU, at Miss St, and get LSU in the Swamp. That's 4 teams projected in the top 20 of S&P+ and then Mizzou and South Carolina are both projected 30-35. The rest of the schedule is rather easy, but i could see them losing 4 out of those 6 games that i mentioned. They will probably be underdogs in at least 3 of them.

That said, if Mullen does a good job there this year 9-3 isn't impossible so they aren't a bad pick for this.

Re: Florida's schedule isn't the most difficult I've seen but

Aug 23, 2018, 3:26 PM

I think Miss St takes a step back w/o Mullen (not to mention he knows the weaknesses of his former players). That said, they do have the talent (particularly Fitzgerald) to make some noise.

Personally, I think LSU is greatly overrated. Thought last year was their year and they still couldn't muster much of an offense. They lost their starting QB, and top RB and WR.

UGA and FSU will both likely be losses, but it wouldn't surprise me to see UF steal 1 of those. FSU/UF is a tossup to me because it's always tough to predict how a team will respond to a new coach. I think Mullen is the real deal, and will have UF on the right track sooner than later.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like Joe Moorhead a lot.***

Aug 23, 2018, 4:48 PM

Aug 23, 2018, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Ok college football experts.... ]

Chad Morris and Arkansas if his team can play good offensively and defensively with a new staff. They also have to avoid injuries!

A 7-5 or 8-4 record based upon preseason views and SEC and national predictions would merit a ranking.

They are my dark horse team for a bowl bid.

Texas A&M******

Aug 23, 2018, 12:49 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Nebraska is a year or so away from that but i

Aug 23, 2018, 1:28 PM

guess we will see.

I'm trying to factor schedules into this because, at least in my opinion, finishing in the top 15 is quite different than being a top 15 team. There are a couple of teams with brutal schedules this year that could play like a top 15 team and still finish 8-4 (go look at Auburn's schedule for example). Typically a P5 team needs at least 9 wins to finish top 15 and a G5 team needs 11 or 12 so an 8-4 Auburn probably wouldn't make it even if 3 of their losses were to teams currently ranked in the top 6. Texas A&M is in a similar position with games against Clemson, Bama, and Auburn.

With that in mind here are a couple that wouldn't surprise me:

Oklahoma State - They lose a good bit, including Mason Rudolph and James Washington, but Gundy is a very good coach and i think they are undervalued at 29th in the AP. I see them finishing more in the 16-25 range but top 15 seems possible.

FAU - Kiffin had this team humming over the last 2/3 of the season last year and they actually finished 14th in the F/+ combined rankings on Football Outsiders. They probably need to go 11-1 this year to finish top 15 which means beating Oklahoma or (more likely) UCF, but i think it's possible.

NC state

Aug 23, 2018, 3:36 PM

Hosting Florida State, BC and West Virginia those will be close games, with a loss to us I’d say they could finish top 17-25 with two ranked losses.

Syracuse could always beat them in the dome I suppose.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic