Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mark Packer is the only one in the national media you can trust!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Mark Packer is the only one in the national media you can trust!

Jan 5, 2021, 11:15 PM

Dude calls it straight down the middle and told Eddie George respectfully that its almost a crime to think Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence couldn't sniff a Heisman in 6 years.

Pack never shows favoritism to Clemson on his show but you could hear the frustration in his voice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mark Packer is the only one in the national media you can trust!

Jan 5, 2021, 11:25 PM

He is good and I love his shoes. He’s a Clemson grad so give us a break. ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2021, 11:26 PM

Ugg meant to say I love Packs SHOWS.

His shoes could be nice, as well.

Jan 5, 2021, 11:36 PM

but yeah.. He's a Clemson homer. So much so that he is usually the first one to tell Clemson fans how it is when things aren't going great. When he had his radio show back during the Tommy Bowden years, a lot of Clemson fans didn't like him because he always called out Clemson on things that were bad about the program. He was right most of the time. One of Dabo's first interviews after being hired was on Primetime with the Packman. After the interview, his cohorts were saying how Dabo was a hayseed that had no clue what he was doing and Packer said "He seems like the real deal to me"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His shoes could be nice, as well.

Jan 6, 2021, 6:17 AM

Yep I remember when he wasn't happy on air when we bought our way into The Humanitarian Bowl. Our fan base was ripping him calling him Billy Packer's boy etc.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

I remember Primetime WFNZ great show****

Jan 6, 2021, 12:33 PM [ in reply to His shoes could be nice, as well. ]

Jan 5, 2021, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Mark Packer is the only one in the national media you can trust! ]

Ugg meant to say I love Packs SHOWS.

Jan 6, 2021, 12:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Mark Packer is the only one in the national media you can trust! ]

Bama 2020, your winner had great stats, no doubt. But, all of these guys who voted for him have been saying that Trevor Lawrence is the best player in college football ALL YEAR (even Finebaum)! Why did he get penalized for missing two games due to COVID when OSU gets special benefits because of it?

I was watching Clemson basketball while the Heisman was being awarded. After Deshaun failed to win in either year he was a finalist, I was over it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Me too. Every year a Clemson QB should win it, they somehow

Jan 6, 2021, 7:15 AM

pick a running back or receiver....I have not watched it since they refused to give it to DW the second time,AFTER MANY OF THEM SAID THEY MADE A MISTAKE THE FIRST year they did not give it to him.

Jan 6, 2021, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Mark Packer is the only one in the national media you can trust! ]

You can have the opinion that someone is the best player in college football while also feeling that a different player had the best season in college football. Being the best player in college football doesn't mean you're going to win the Heisman or else the Heisman would go to the #1 pick in the draft each year.

The nfl #1 pick is NOT the best player in college

Jan 8, 2021, 11:57 AM

No1 ever said it was, I don't know why this fallacy keeps being propagated.

If kc ended up with the#1 pick this year, I promise they would not draft TL.

Nfl teams go after the best person who they think will help them win based off position need.

As for the heisman:
The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. The winners of the trophy epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work.

The Heisman trust left the definition this vague ...so they can choose any 1 they want. I will say it is a total ESPN award now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

“integrity”. Newton, Winston, Mayfield, HMMMM?***

Jan 8, 2021, 2:13 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2021, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Mark Packer is the only one in the national media you can trust! ]

Bama 2020, your winner had great stats, no doubt. But, all of these guys who voted for him have been saying that Trevor Lawrence is the best player in college football ALL YEAR (even Finebaum)! Why did he get penalized for missing two games due to COVID when OSU gets special benefits because of it?

I was watching Clemson basketball while the Heisman was being awarded. After Deshaun failed to win in either year he was a finalist, I was over it.

TL missed THREE games. Don’t forget Fla St.

Jan 6, 2021, 2:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Mark Packer is the only one in the national media you can trust! ]

It’s cute that we have our own house Gump here and all, but did you know that the mighty Alabama did not have a single Heisman trophy winner until 2011? How could Bama claim 37 or so national titles and never have a Heisman winner until then? Weird.

ESPN inks a $2 billion dollar deal with the SEC (it just means more) starting with the 2009-2010 season and the next thing you know the Hypesman trophy award is born. Low and behold now y’all got three. It’s amazing! ESPN just upped the deal with over $3 billion more. I wonder who they are going to hype now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 6, 2021, 9:15 AM

I guess we're going to ignore the years where non-SEC players have won it, and ignore how ESPN hyped Lawrence for the award during the offseason and early parts of the regular season in each of the past two years? Which leads me to ask, is the hype due to who they want to win, or is the hype based on how the season is going? If it were all hype and ESPN favoring the SEC/Bama then how did Murray possibly win it over Tua in 2018? Also, if it's all based on who ESPN wants to win, then who were all the other sports networks and media from other parts of the country predicting to win it over the 2nd half of this season?

Jan 6, 2021, 12:05 PM

For Pete’s sake, talking heads even said out loud that Trevor Lawrence is the best player in college football but he won’t win the Heisman. How hard is that to figure out?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

LOL! Love his shoes. ??????

Jan 6, 2021, 7:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Mark Packer is the only one in the national media you can trust! ]

:)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear ya, but you need to listen to him more. I know thats

Jan 6, 2021, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Mark Packer is the only one in the national media you can trust! ]

how SEC radio hosts usually operate but Packer is about as straight of a shooter as you'll find. Gives credit where credit is due and doesn't waste time on pumping anyone up until its warranted. Other than the loser Ohio State bloggers he was the only host warning Clemson that OSU is a dangerous team that be at the top of their game when they take on Clemson. He was dead on it. He just didn't know Clemson would be so far off of their's (at least on Defense.)

Re: I hear ya, but you need to listen to him more. I know thats

Jan 6, 2021, 11:51 AM

Yep

Jan 6, 2021, 2:27 AM

Burrow deserved it last year. Devonta Smith was deserving as anyone this year. I don't think TL was ripped off exactly. Deshaun should have won it though for sure his jr year. He would have too if they hadn't voted so early that year.

I agree...

Jan 6, 2021, 8:52 AM

and I'll add that Deshaun should have won it his Soph year. He was far and away the best player that season (McCaffrey was great too) but Henry only won it bc they fed him the ball 35 times a game and he played on the #1 team in the country and that was powered by their running game. He was not better than Deshaun. If you look at the stats, Henry had the worst yard per gain average of all the Heisman finalists...5th out of all RBs...yet he won bc of stats. Padded stats win the day...Lamar was at least very worthy but Watson was of course better overall in the end.

If Lawrence didnt get Covid then the trophy was his regardless. Unfortunately, he missed out on 3 games.

Re: I agree...

Jan 6, 2021, 9:16 AM

I agree. People always seem to point to the 2016 season as the year Watson should have won it, but I always felt he had a much stronger case in 2015.

Jan 6, 2021, 3:39 AM

Packer is the sports media King!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I;ve heard McElroy patronize him as "go listen to your guy

Jan 8, 2021, 8:41 AM

at 3pm who will tell you what you want to hear" when talking to Clemson fans on his SiriusXM show. Acting like Pack is a shill. McElroy is one of those jugheads that just assumes his take is the only take that is valid.

I will say this. He (Mcelroy) led the charge to get Devonta Smith propped up on a pedestal. After Trevor went down to covid he's been pumping that Devonta train for weeks and weeks. And apparently he got everyone on board this year with the "we don't have to give it to a QB every year." Which i agree with him for the most part but if Trevor was Crimson Tider he wouldn't have been saying that. He knew Mac Jones wasn't compelling enough to win it. People watch him and they don't see Heisman worthy they just see a really good player but he's a boring guy with little substance. But Devonta they could get behind b/c he's finally someone that is good and at another position. Does Devonta deserve it? Yes. So does all those guys but so does Trevor who was the most outstanding player on all fronts (stats, team, off the field, pure talent.)

Either way, i've learned that thing is a crap shoot. Draw a straw. No rhyme or reason. But tends to prove that the SEC has more straws in the pot and until we get some more ACC people on College Sports Shows on ESPN it'll remain that way b/c they drive the narrative all year long.

Jan 6, 2021, 5:36 AM

Enjoy it while you can because it won't be long before the only media we have is either Left wing
or ESPN.

Handle/post***

Jan 6, 2021, 5:54 AM

Jan 6, 2021, 6:09 AM

Well to be fair, they did get invitations to sniff it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2021, 9:11 AM

keith75® said:

Pack never shows favoritism to Clemson on his show

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

He used to post here occasionally...

Jan 6, 2021, 9:23 AM

He had two handles. A personal one and then one for his show on S/XM.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Here's the one he has posted with in the past year

Jan 6, 2021, 9:45 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/user/Pack-on-SiriusXM-128097

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: He used to post here occasionally...

Jan 8, 2021, 10:45 AM [ in reply to He used to post here occasionally... ]

Wish he had a radio program when he is half way through his first ice cube. That might be funny.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic