Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Marcus Lattimore and Andre Ellington draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 3,254

Marcus Lattimore and Andre Ellington draft

Oct 2, 2012, 9:06 PM

If Lattimore comes out this year, I think he goes at the end of the first round. RB's, especially ones with high milage and replacement knee parts are not getting drafted high this year. Richardson was the 4th pick, but he had low milage and no major injury concerns. The next picks came at the end of the first round, which is where RB's are usually getting drafted. I think Ellington probably goes in the 3rd round, but might have a little brighter future because of his low milage. He has had some injury issues, but nothing as severe as an ACL.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:both will be no higher than third round***

Oct 2, 2012, 9:19 PM

Re:both will be no higher than third round***

Oct 2, 2012, 9:58 PM

Lattimore is a first round talent that might fall to the second because of the injuries and mileage. I'd be shocked if he fell to the third.

Re: Marcus Lattimore and Andre Ellington draft

Oct 2, 2012, 9:20 PM

I totally get your point, but just for the sake of playing devil's advocate ( and not to disagree, nor contradict you ) but Terry Allen came back from double, reconstructive ACL surgeires, both knees, and he was one of the leading rushers in the NFL in the 90's, over 8000 yards. They've made leaps and bounds w/ surgical advancements and treatments. I had a conversation w/ Gayle Sayors when I randomly met him one day, and one of the comments he made was if he had the surgical procedures and treatments that people had in the 90's he'd played 5 plus more seasons. I just think if Lattimore shows that he's recovered, he'll be a high draft pick. And I wish him well. W/ all this said, I don't feel that ML is an all round better player than AE. Even their YPC is comparable. This is no disrespect for ML, I have temendous respect for him, it's just that I have a huge respect for AE too. I still say that you're assessments are probably accurate

Totally different players

Oct 2, 2012, 10:21 PM

Marcus is a bigger back, and he's proven over his career to be a very capable short yardage pass receiver.

He also has a very good ability to move the ball in short yardage situations due to his size and quick side step ability.

That makes his value to a lot of NFL teams quite high.

If Lattimore runs the 40 his stock will fall dramatically...

Oct 2, 2012, 9:37 PM

No way he runs under a 4.6. He has zero breakaway speed.

Disagree

Oct 2, 2012, 10:17 PM

everyone realizes Marcus isn't a speedster- yet the NFL draft folks are very high on him.

Re: Disagree

Oct 2, 2012, 10:18 PM

he is pretty fast for a one legged guy

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well

Oct 2, 2012, 10:26 PM

Terry Allen had a very solid NFL career with two bad ACL tears under his belt.

But it did hurt his draft status. But he did quite well in the NFL.

I think I might agree with a coot

Oct 2, 2012, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Disagree ]

Well I'll be a son of a gun. I don't think anyone expects him to be a speedster. He is much more of the prototypical NFL RB

Yep- you are correct.

Oct 2, 2012, 10:23 PM

He's the typical larger NFL back - not a speed guy. NFL teams are going to want him in the 222-225 range.

NFL teams that want Marcus are going to use him to run between the tackles and have him bust up the middle for the 3-4 yard runs- and with his ability to stay so low over his pads, he almost can always fall forward for another yard.

NFL teams aren't going to ask him to run outside and by people as a regular part of his game.

I hope he has a long career

Oct 2, 2012, 10:29 PM

He is a standup guy and someone I would love to have seen put on that Tiger uniform.

Re: I hope he has a long career

Oct 3, 2012, 11:51 AM

not a stand up guy...watched 2 kids with his carolina jersey on ask him to autograph their napkins at kanpai in spartanburg. He refused and acted perturbed...however, a few minutes later 2 bimbo looking blondes came up and he was all over that doing whatever they wanted.

I have no respect for that kind of crap.

Re: I hope he has a long career

Oct 3, 2012, 12:05 PM

Oh lord.

Re: Yep- you are correct.

Oct 3, 2012, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Yep- you are correct. ]

I see Marcus being like an Arian Foster type guy.

I see both in the 2nd round, if Ellington continues to

Oct 2, 2012, 9:39 PM

improve catching the ball out of the backfield, his stock will probably rise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Biggest knock on Andre is that...

Oct 2, 2012, 9:58 PM

....he'll be 24 on draft day. That's like 38 in RB years.

Andre's a very smart dude...he needs to play a few years in

Oct 2, 2012, 10:05 PM

the pros and then begin his coaching career...I think he'll be a great one. Seems to be a natural leader.

Re: Dont understand the "miles" theory

Oct 2, 2012, 10:50 PM

Lattimore over his first two seasons had 412 carries for an average of 206 per year.

In comparison:
Trent Richardson 540 carries in 3 years for 180 per year
Ray Rice 910 carries in 3 years for 303 per year
Reggie Bush 343 carries in 2 years for 171 per year
Adrian Peterson 747 carries in 3 years (1 cut short by injury) for 249 per year
Deangelo Williams 623 carries in 2 years for 311 per year.

These are some of the top running backs in the league, all drafted high and all had higher or close to the same amount of carries per year as Lattimore.

Also, Ellington has average 170 carries per year over the last two years while also handling return duties.

The theory that Lattimore has too many miles or health concerns is yet another bs attempt by Clemson fans to put down anything Carolina when in fact they know the truth and just cant accept it.

Sorry to let the facts get in the way of your hatred.

^^^Says the coot on his big brothers' board

Oct 2, 2012, 10:55 PM

And actually, all you've done is make a case that the miles theory has merit...dumb coot.

Face it: Latticakes is a high 3rd rounder at best when he comes out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: ^^^Says the coot on his big brothers' board

Oct 2, 2012, 11:03 PM

How does that prove it as merit?

Richardson was 4th pick overall?
Ray Rice best rb in the league.
Reggie Bush has had his moments.
Adrian Peterson one of the best RB in the league past couple of years.
Deangelo Williams has one of the best averages over his career.

All of these guys had as many or much more carries than Lattimore and all are proving to be great NFL backs.

Oct 3, 2012, 5:05 AM

you had a good argument untill you put in bush. he'll go down as almost as big a bust as ryan leaf and brian bosworth.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2012, 8:45 AM

Do you watch the nfl? Because Reggie Bush is not a bust

And the whole "milage" thing is just dumb, did anyone even look at the stats?

Career carries for lattimore 504, career caries for ellington 500

Carries per year is irrelevant

Lattimore would not be wise to come out this year...

Oct 3, 2012, 11:29 AM

Half of the year is nearly complete and his numbers don't look good. He needs a solid year under his belt to make his stock go back up.

According to a couple of talking heads on some show

Oct 3, 2012, 11:40 AM

I saw the other day (impressive attribution, eh?), stats don't matter much. They were talking specifically about quarterbacks but I think, if that's true, the same would hold for RBs. These guys said that the "measurables" as determined at the combine were what really set the table for a high draft placement.

I think ML is a little slower this year than last. If the talkers were right, he might want to have a mock combine just to see where he stood.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On the contrary, he would be retarded to stay another season

Oct 3, 2012, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Lattimore would not be wise to come out this year... ]

His stock isn't going to go up from another year at USC. NFL starts aren't paying much attention to stats. It's his 3rd year, he's been highly pubbed and scouted his entire career, and NFL teams already have plenty of information to rank him on their draft boards.

All staying another year is going to do is cut time off his NFL career and risk further injury.

Re: Marcus Lattimore and Andre Ellington draft

Oct 3, 2012, 2:02 PM

Honestly, Ellington is going to grade out as a higher injury risk than Lattimore. Lattimore's ACL injury was a fluke injury that would have happened to any player in the same situation. Ellington, while improved in this area this season, has a more checkered past with missing games due to injuries. It's only going to get more risky in the NFL where defenders are much larger and stronger - Ellington is not a big guy.

It's not how bad your injury was, it's how many times you've been injured in different places that makes someone an injury-risk.

I would say that Lattimore goes late 1st round to a team like Pittsburgh or San Francisco - they love those type of every-down backs.

I think Ellington is a 2nd-3rd round guy that gets drafted for situational carries - 3rd downs and the like.

Replies: 26
| visibility 3,254
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic