Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Marcus Lattimore accused in Nebraska
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Marcus Lattimore accused in Nebraska

Mar 19, 2020, 7:16 AM

of trafficking drugs. Of course he wasn’t, just another case of racial profiling by the fuzz.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/article241313576.html?fbclid=IwAR3WTzriLhxK4m_r8HjdCROvjTvcns7829ydNovQJWrDw8__r655bVOz1pg

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Marcus Lattimore accused in Nebraska

Mar 19, 2020, 7:18 AM

Those cops should be fired imo.

Mar 19, 2020, 7:50 AM

Why should the cops be fired? I noticed you said cops. Would you fire the k9 also?

Mar 19, 2020, 8:03 AM

Especially the dog, unless he is cute.

Mar 19, 2020, 8:30 AM

If?

You know he or she is cute.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Mar 19, 2020, 8:31 AM

Okay. Keep the dog on the force. Maybe a treat is in order too.

Mar 19, 2020, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Marcus Lattimore accused in Nebraska ]

yes, if the information in that article is correct, the cops should be fired. I hope for your family's sake that if some rednecks down in Richland decided to take you and your wife out of your vehicle, separately interrogate you while accusing you of running drugs, and then detaining you for K9 to show up, that you would be making a stink about it to somebody in authority. I know I would be.

Couldn't access thru that link--here's another

Mar 19, 2020, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Marcus Lattimore accused in Nebraska ]

https://abcnews4.com/news/local/marcus-lattimore-says-he-was-accused-of-trafficking-drugs-during-traffic-stop

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

For those who think this doesn't happen regularly

Mar 19, 2020, 10:19 AM

Sen. Tim Scott disagrees. He was pulled over seven times in one year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKgYgqGfeIE

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Couldn't access thru that link--here's another

Mar 19, 2020, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Couldn't access thru that link--here's another ]

I like Marcus and hate it happened. I’ve been pulled over and questioned seemingly without cause. I’m a regular white guy, but profiling is a thing just as their are bad cops. There are also a lot of good cops that do good things we never hear about. Look up a guy named Kyle Reyes on LinkedIn. He’s a marketing firm owner that posts about law enforcement happenings no one ever hears about in mainstream media because it doesn’t feed a narrative one way or the other. Not all cops are bad just like not all people they come into contact with are bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2020, 11:15 PM

Just because I believe profiling is real doesn't mean I don't believe there are plenty of good cops out there.

--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 20, 2020, 12:01 AM

I didn’t insinuate otherwise. Just my take.
Not a response to yours. Apologies if you felt otherwise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow that is messed up. Marcus is a good dude.

Mar 19, 2020, 7:22 AM

He's one of the few coots I actually respect.

Snowflake Basher........Out

I see cops use that excuse all of the time on "Live PD".

Mar 19, 2020, 8:33 AM

Pull somebody over then ask "You seem nervous, why are you nervous?". Well #### Einstein, it's because a police car with blue lights and a siren just pulled them over. It's not suspicious, or an indication of guilt; it's a perfectly normal reaction, race aside. I'm typically pro-cop, but this one is BS.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Mar 19, 2020, 8:43 AM

I'm sorry Marcus and wife were subjected to this. I truly hope appropriate actions are taken upon the officers involved and I don't mean sensitivity training.

Mar 19, 2020, 8:46 AM

The story is poorly written and confusing. How were they accused of trafficking a specific quantity and type of drugs before they found anything?

Mar 19, 2020, 11:14 AM

Was wondering the same thing. I suppose they may have been looking for a similar vehicle.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's about the only coot I ever liked

Mar 19, 2020, 8:48 AM

Class act, dang good football player. He didn't deserve his career to fizzle out the way it did, and he certainly doesn't deserve this crap from the cops.

Maybe one day we'll stop seeing color, but it's not today for Nebraska, apparently.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How was it about color?***

Mar 19, 2020, 8:55 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: How was it about color?***

Mar 19, 2020, 10:41 AM

I don’t believe it’s always about color. I was treated poorly by cops a couple times and I’m white. But it does seem to happen more often to african Americans.

Does it, all other things being equal?***

Mar 19, 2020, 12:44 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Re: How was it about color?***

Mar 20, 2020, 12:17 AM [ in reply to How was it about color?*** ]

Ha ha!!! That’s a good one!!! You were joking, right?

So what's the officer's side of the story?

Mar 19, 2020, 8:50 AM

Never mind. Mob mentality always sides with the suspects.

Mar 19, 2020, 9:11 AM

If you don't think this kind of bullyshit doesn't go on all of the time, you should talk to some more policemen - especially officers that handle K9.

Were they on the lookout for a similar vehicle or something?

Mar 19, 2020, 9:37 AM

You would hope the police have some sort of excuse here.

The stuff about being nervous and shaking is bullcrap. I don't ever remember not being nervous when I've been pulled over. It's a perfectly normal reaction for anyone.

Fortunately the worst thing that's ever happened to me is a cop accusing me of going "49 or 50" in a 35 when I was going 42 and then getting aggressive with me when I refuted his claim suggesting I was "calling him a liar" and such. 2nd cop happened to come along and bail me out of that one... left with no ticket. Not sure what the original cops deal was, but he was young and new and I don't recall him staying on the force long (small town).

perhaps - but would it not be best to wait on all the facts?

Mar 19, 2020, 11:12 AM

Was it possible that a tip or facts told the police that a vehicle and people with their description were smuggling drugs? If so - then would you not want them to be detained until it was evident they were innocent?
it could also be profiling. But, people are so quick to believe the bad before the facts - especially with race issues.
lots of possibilities - suggest waiting before you jump off that bridge - to see how deep the water is.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's just it. We don't know all of the facts, it may be

Mar 19, 2020, 12:52 PM

totally legit. "Why are you nervous" is total ########, but there may be other reasons, we don't know. Race has been introduced into it now, with absolutely ZERO evidence that had anything at all to do with it. Unfortunately, it's a charge that often causes damage yet requires little or no supporting evidence.

- H. L. Mencken

Mar 19, 2020, 11:29 AM

Don’t act nervous if you’re speeding with out of state plates. In the Midwest where drugs are getting shipped through everyday.

Important Questions Not Answered

Mar 19, 2020, 12:06 PM

in the article.
1.) What make, model, and year vehicle were the Lattimore's driving and was it theirs or a rental?
2.) If the vehicle belonged to the Lattimore's, did it have any UofSC paraphernalia(license plate, decals, car magnets, etc.).

It's also important to realize that people in Nebraska can view LivePD.

Mar 19, 2020, 1:12 PM

Cops investigating cops...Like me being arrested for robbing a bank and telling the cops " I'll investigate as to whether i robbed a bank..I'll get back with you in 6 months and tell you whether or not i did it"...You LEO lovers are nuts...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2020, 1:19 AM

Look there are places where drug running is an epidemic and star law enforcement look for any and every reason to pull someone over especially if he was driving a rental. These cops are just doing there job and sometimes that means taking every precaution and calling a K9 in. Didn't we just have a NFL'er busted for hundreds of pounds of pot? He didn't get arrested he was detained for a bit so that the officers could be 100% certain. I'm okay with someone being pissed to make sure their not a threat to society. It's upsetting for the individual involved but it's a necessity of life.

Mar 20, 2020, 1:19 AM

Look there are places where drug running is an epidemic and star law enforcement look for any and every reason to pull someone over especially if he was driving a rental. These cops are just doing there job and sometimes that means taking every precaution and calling a K9 in. Didn't we just have a NFL'er busted for hundreds of pounds of pot? He didn't get arrested he was detained for a bit so that the officers could be 100% certain. I'm okay with someone being pissed to make sure their not a threat to society. It's upsetting for the individual involved but it's a necessity of life.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic