Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
March Madness in January? Sure does seem like it.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 979

March Madness in January? Sure does seem like it.

Jan 15, 2020, 8:35 AM

What would a win this Saturday do for Clemson?

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i said last night, these last 2 wins gets the attention....

Jan 15, 2020, 8:37 AM

of the clemson world, but is also giving us some national attention. We are now 9-7 with 3 quality wins. A win saturday would put us in the NCAA Tourney discussion and in the top 3rd of the ACC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i said last night, these last 2 wins gets the attention....

Jan 15, 2020, 8:38 AM

the UNC win may have importance to us, but nationally I do not think it is a resume builder. They will finish in the bottom half of the league.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

our 3 quality wins are Duke and NC State (2 times if we beat

Jan 15, 2020, 8:42 AM

them saturday). UNC is not a resume builder but it was an attention grabber

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

win sat only puts us @ 7, there are 6 teams with <2 losses

Jan 15, 2020, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Re: i said last night, these last 2 wins gets the attention.... ]

we are in a tie with GT at 7th not 3rd

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nevermind, i misread, you said top third not 3rd***

Jan 15, 2020, 8:45 AM

Re: i said last night, these last 2 wins gets the attention....

Jan 15, 2020, 9:17 AM [ in reply to i said last night, these last 2 wins gets the attention.... ]

The experts are saying only 4 ACC teams get in the NCAAs this year.

It's going to take a lot of wins from here to get in because of the early losses and the ACC being considered down.

I'm just happy we look like a basketball team and have some highlights. Hope that continues.
If the team were playing fun basketball, win or lose, Brownell's job wouldn't be on the line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: March Madness in January? Sure does seem like it?

Jan 15, 2020, 9:27 AM

Not really concerned about the NCAA tournament, but what is refreshing to see is the way the team played the last 2 minutes at UNC and last night. The way the year has gone, it would be a success to be 500 overall and get invited to the NIT. If you would have told me a few weeks ago this team would knock off UNC(though their down) in Chapel Hill and Duke at home, I would have told you your nuts. Duke has a pretty good team and the Tigers took it to them. If the Tigers had of been better at shooting FT's, the game would have not been close. I know the Tigers shot lights out in the 1st half, but at 1 point in the 2nd half Duke was shooting 68% from the field. The offense was not reliant on the 3 point shot, but set it up by taking everything to the rim. First time all year the offense had rhythm, spacing and moving well. Pretty impressive.

Replies: 7
| visibility 979
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic