Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Many will disagree with me on this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 6,309

Many will disagree with me on this

Oct 24, 2017, 4:31 PM

But I think we are in a position right now that will not allow us to just win. We need to win convincingly against GT Saturday at home and also win big in Raleigh the next Saturday . This is not Coach Swinmeys approach to games but I fear close wins will not impress the pollsters . The final regular season game,on the road,
Will have a significant meaning for both teams GO. TIGERS

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Count me as one of many

Oct 24, 2017, 4:33 PM

If we win out, the rest will take care of itself. If we don't, we don't deserve to be in. Now granted, I do think it would be nice to have a convincing win. But, Georgia may play Alabama. Penn state will play ohio state. Wisconsin will likely play one of those. Again, if we win out I think we are in and the pollsters can suck it.

But I understand your concern and not bashing it just discussing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are correct...

Oct 24, 2017, 4:34 PM

many will disagree with you on this

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I disagree with your disagreement.

Oct 24, 2017, 5:42 PM

And, could not care less.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: I disagree with your disagreement.

Oct 24, 2017, 7:23 PM

But he didn’t disagree....he agreed.

Re: Many will disagree with me on this

Oct 24, 2017, 4:34 PM

I agree with you especially when it comes to common opponents with teams we will be compared to by the playoff committee

Need to stomp:
GTech because they also play Georgia
NCstate because they also play ND
Miami because they also Play ND

Oct 24, 2017, 4:35 PM

Oct 24, 2017, 4:44 PM

Keep in mind that we are not number five looking to move up a notch . There are several good teams , most of who are well liked by the tv guys, that will continue to try to beat us out at years end . Now is the time to put on the big boy britches (Orange of course) and show your stuff. Let's worry about next year after I walk out of the new Atlanta Dome a happy man

Keep winning the ACC Championship

Oct 24, 2017, 4:37 PM

The National Picture will continue to take care of itself. For so many years folks on this board were talking National Championship. Dabo really made a point to win the next thing we've not won before. The next game and the Atlantic Division should be are far as any one really looks. If we get that and look to the Championship game the playoffs will happen if we deserve it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Keep winning the ACC Championship

Oct 24, 2017, 4:58 PM

Its hard to argue a 1 loss Clemson doesnt belong after you beat 5 ranked teams and win the championship game of the strongest conference.

Re: Keep winning the ACC Championship

Oct 24, 2017, 8:09 PM

Exactly

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2017, 4:39 PM

Been saying same thing, said it yesterday. Need to drop 40+ on 'em Saturday.

Also, while we have dominated the W-L record the last few years, we have rarely "run up the score" on anyone with the exception of the Fake USC.

Meanwhile the rest of the top 5 are frequently putting up 40/50/60 pts. on opponents ... !

Oct 24, 2017, 4:48 PM

If and only if Clemson can run the table and win ACCCG...the only scenario where Clemson probably loses out on a playoff bid is if Georgia wins SECCG vs Bama. Reason being is committee will do whatever they can to get Bama in and then that ND game vs Georgia would look a lot better on their resume so it would give ND some hope also. That’s given ND, PSU and TCU win out. I do think if Clemson takes care of business the chips will fall with them in the playoff but won’t matter with any misstep in the next 5 possibly 6 games.

Miami thinks we ran it up on them in 2015!!***

Oct 24, 2017, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Many will disagree with me on this ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So do the dirtpeckers last year.

Oct 24, 2017, 5:42 PM

But the truth is we scored half of what we could have.

Re: So do the dirtpeckers last year.

Apr 13, 2023, 11:59 AM

Both of those games and several of this years games we played every player that had a Clemson uniform on. They got points off of our 3rd string

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Oct 24, 2017, 7:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Many will disagree with me on this ]

So it proves through past seasons results that we don't need to run up scores . Our schedule is strong enough , just need to win out .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Yes I disagree, this isn’t the BCS era. Pollsters don’t

Oct 24, 2017, 4:40 PM

Matter anymore. Clemson almost lost 6 or 7 games last year.

Re: this isn’t the BCS era.

Oct 24, 2017, 4:48 PM

You are right, it's a committee which is even worse. Need to make and prove the case of dominance.

Just see last year where PSU was on outside looking in as B10 champs -

Just sayin'

DRad is on the committee

Oct 24, 2017, 5:01 PM

Along with some other ACC officials. If they like their 7 figure salary jobs, they will make sure an ACC team is in as long as said team has the resume.

The Big 10 doesnt deserve any bid to the CFP after the last 2 years, regardless of their record.

I agree

Many will disagree.

Snowflake Basher........Out

I just firmly believe, like last year....a fire will be lit under this teams #### and they will wreck havoc on Defense. The offense has had 2 full weeks to work out the kinks with whoever they play at QB(tho I expect KB to be ready to go). I say we'll make a statement against GT and have the rest of the teams we play pissed at Cuse for the wake up call given to us.

Margin of victory is not supposed to be a consideration***

Oct 24, 2017, 4:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 24, 2017, 4:51 PM

If we win out and every game is by 1 point we will be in. Beating NC ST at their place and beat Miami or Vt in the acc champ game is enough. Now if ND runs the table TCU PSU and Bama or UGA we may have a problem but I doubt that happens.

Oct 24, 2017, 10:13 PM

Not enough people considering this scenario imo. I agree it's unlikely. But if PSU, TCU, UGA run the table and UGA beats BAMA in the SECCG, I do not think we will make the playoff. I also think it's possible we don't make it if BAMA beats UGA and it's very close. I'm getting a little nervous about 2 SEC teams getting in

FT, admittedly I have long been one of those who prefer

Oct 24, 2017, 5:01 PM

to destroy opponents, scattering their remains across the gridiron.

I'm afraid that those who don't believe that big numbers impress are sadly mistaken. Why? Because many of the pollsters (and coaches, for that matter) are simply lazy people, who look at margins of victory. Always have been...always will be.

Thus, I'd like to see a thorough disemboweling, leaving absolutely no doubt as to our power.

In other words MUTILATE AND DESTROY GEORGIA TECH!!!!!!!! GO TIGERRRRRRRRRRRRS!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2017, 5:06 PM

I agree... we need to win convincingly to restore the media's faith...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Media doesn’t get a vote.***

Oct 24, 2017, 7:15 PM

No but they spend 24 hrs a day shaping opinions***

Oct 24, 2017, 11:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

win out and we're in..scores wont matter***

Oct 24, 2017, 5:39 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

There is one good thing about mounting a blowout.

Oct 24, 2017, 9:14 PM

ESPiN's SOR will climb. That's how they justify their AP votes. Winning counts and winning a blowout counts too.

The POC plainly said they didn't consider margin of win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2017, 10:40 PM

Oct 25, 2017, 7:03 AM

IMO- If CLEMSON wins out, wins the ACCCG, and we are the DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS, then the playoff committee would be foolish not to have CLEMSON in the NC playoff.

I expect the PAC-12 to get left out this year. That conference will self destruct beating each other.

I see the Big 12 (TCU probably), the Big 10 CHAMPION (Not tOSU like the dumbazzes chose last year), the SEC champion, and the ACC champion getting in.

I do NOT expect to see FSU in the NC playoff - just in case Colin Cowherd is listening to t-net.

Oct 25, 2017, 8:55 AM

I would like to see a convincing win big against GT... I would hope the team would take 15 days of frustration out on GT.
But NCst... if they beat ND, they may be ranked in the top 10. A close road win over a top 12 team or so wont hurt anything.

Replies: 33
| visibility 6,309
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic