Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Man, who thought DW4 had won that game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Man, who thought DW4 had won that game

Sep 10, 2019, 1:11 PM

throwing that dart with 37 seconds left ?

Drew Brees is Tom Brady Lite though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you check my post right after the TD

Sep 10, 2019, 1:13 PM

you will see that I was concerned about the 37 seconds. - had doubts Texans would hold the lead.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was hoping. But since their defense looked like LSU and

Sep 10, 2019, 1:15 PM

Texas I was very worried.

Wish I had just turned it off. Couldn't stand seeing the look on DW4's face.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Man, who thought DW4 had won that game

Sep 10, 2019, 1:16 PM

I was hoping but no. As soon as the Texans scored I said they gave Brees too much time. The Texans secondary is like a new sponge. Very porous.

Sep 10, 2019, 1:27 PM

I thought they had a chance. But then I saw the Texans D line up. And when I saw them rushing 2-3 and dropping all the others 20-30 yds deep..."prevent defense". Only prevents your team from winning. smh

My thought was same as others in this thread: "they left too much time"

Sep 10, 2019, 1:31 PM

Similar to when 'Bama left too much time for DW in Bama/Clemson II. DW was too good in his final drive last night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 1:39 PM

They better find an offensive line that works before they get him killed. He was running for his life the whole game and still almost pulled off a miracle. Can you imagine what he would be doing if he had the Cowboys OL protecting him?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

me too - tough loss***

Sep 10, 2019, 1:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

see i have a problem with the whole "they left too much time

Sep 10, 2019, 2:23 PM

on the clock thing.." It in someway implicates Deshaun as one of the reasons why they lost. Like he didnt' do his job good enough. I know thats not the point of your post but DW4 is the ONLY reason that game was close. And 36 seconds shouldn't be a game loser. So deshaun not only has to fight the other team he has to fight his own coaches and their lack of understanding of what defense shouldn't be ran against a Drew Brees type. THE ONLY way that team can cruise an easy jaunt down the field is to first kick it out of end zone thus preserving as much time as possible, then run soft zone/prevent defense that basically remove 3 defenders to play the hail mary pass. Which makes everything man to man and almost impossible to stop. You'd have to rely on the QB or the receiver to mess up. CAn't do that with Brady or Brees or Manning or Montana. If anything you have to blitz or make someone make a spectacular grab or thread the needle type pass. Prevent ensures you won't have a TD scored on you but it almost guarantees ease of access down the field.And this was a Field goal game, not a TD game. so the 40 yardline is the touchdown. The Texans coaches sure didnt' think so. How much do these guys make again?

Hate it for deshaun. Brady did this his first year, Wilson did this that same year, and they had a couple last year that came down to the same thing of the defense not holding up late. horrible.

There are five QB's I would be worried about in that

Sep 10, 2019, 2:47 PM

situation. One of them had just thrown the go ahead touchdown for the Texans. Unfortunately, another one on that list was playing for the Saints. That list is:

Watson
Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Wilson

My only hope was that the kicker would miss again, like he had earlier. Unfortunately, that kick would have been good from at least 65 yards, cleared the bar with PLENTY of room to spare, right down Broadway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bill O'Brien.***

Sep 10, 2019, 2:55 PM

Sep 10, 2019, 2:56 PM

Problem wasn’t the time left on the clock by the offense. The problem is Bill O’Brien is from the Butch Jones / Will Muschamp academy of winning at life. Horrible coaching job by BOB and Crennell. That organization is wasting a legendary talent like DW4 with bush league coaching and support.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic