Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Man, everybody's leaving LSU...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Man, everybody's leaving LSU...

Jan 16, 2020, 7:42 AM

there must be something in that swamp

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Toxic culture down there. I'll be surprised if they keep it

Jan 16, 2020, 7:50 AM

up. Doesn't seem like Orgeron runs a tight ship like Saban or Dabo

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Must be something in that swamp

Jan 16, 2020, 8:09 AM

Well, what there ain’t in that swamp is $$$$. That is only to be had at the next level. I think OBJ exemplified that best when he was down on the field post game - still the BMOC - shucking Jacksons.... no, Benjamins off those rolls of ca$h he’s pulling from his pockets.

Can’t say as I blame any young person for chasing that golden ring.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Man, everybody's leaving LSU...

Jan 16, 2020, 8:25 AM

They know LSU will be nothing without Brady, Joe Burrow, Edwards Elaire, Jefferson, Delpit, etc.

The SEC is Bama’s again.

Jan 16, 2020, 9:06 AM

Got money buy pot...can anyone tell me how a player who has failed 4 drug tests during the year for pot got back on the playing field at all...hahaha it's the NCAA again...forget Ostraline LSU's got dope everywhere...party's over, back to Angola! Scholarships everywhere!

Jan 16, 2020, 9:24 AM

Don't expect equity from the NCAA.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Man, everybody's leaving LSU... ]

Ucel74 said:

They know LSU will be nothing without Brady, Joe Burrow, Edwards Elaire, Jefferson, Delpit, etc.

The SEC is Bama’s again.

why in heck do so many Clemson fans think LSU is some out of blue miracle story making it to the title game? This was LSU's 4 title game in 16 seasons. We had to beat Alabama twice in the same season the year we lost it 2011... and yes they whipped us bad that night. Our fan base was wounded badly...and yeah, having your former coach coach for a rival sucks bad...It would be like Dabo going to the NFL, then after 2 years going to FSU and beating you most years...and winning 5 titles...and your fanbase going "They had Bobbie, then Jimbo, now our our former great coach, oh what could have been"

ok back to the OP's point, you folks do realize that LSU puts the most players in the NFL? Look it up...yes more than the great almighty Alabama who has raked in 7 straight #1 recruiting classes.

Louisiana is a hot bed for talent, this is nothing new ... One of your best players ETN is from Louisiana... We went all in for that kid that went to FSU ...ETN wasn't having it...late in the process

yes, we're losing a ton of Juniors, it stings...it is what it is... After the 2007 title, we lost a tone of talent afterwards and we struggled for a couple of years to recover.

The biggest thing from our perspective is the ACC is way down, and Clemson is the Alabama with virtually no team to really challenge them from an ACC titles.

Though Alabama has been a beast, there have been many seasons where Saban had at least one loss and frankly he beat UGA twice by the tinniest of margins...down at half in both of those games. Clemson isn't being challenged... The SEC went 9-2 in bowls this year...and 5 teams in final AP...

On one hand I assume Clemson fans are enjoying the easy path to the playoffs, but on the other, the entire country doesn't give a rats behind about clemson until the post season... I think that takes some of the excitement away from your fan base... If I were Clemson I would want Miami and FSU to return the top 10...that would be fun for all

Yes, we do want FSU and Miami back into

Jan 16, 2020, 11:05 AM

the top 25, top 15, whatever. Va Tech too.

Sounds like something Bama’s b*tch would say. Good job.

Jan 16, 2020, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Man, everybody's leaving LSU... ]

Good luck hiring another Ohio State QB willing to move down to HedonismWorld.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 16, 2020, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Man, everybody's leaving LSU... ]

All that NFL talent and very little to show for it. Coaching is/has been the problem. Fact is, Brady turned LSU into an offensive juggernaut...he’s gone now. This season’s success wasn’t about coach O but was about a now former OC and a rent-a-QB.

I’m confident LSU slides back to 3rd or 4th in their conference next year.

The ACC is down this year and last year too. Before then it was a different story if you care to go back. The ACC is in a transition period but some of the teams will be back.

You sound upset. Are you upset?

Jan 16, 2020, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Man, everybody's leaving LSU... ]

Coach O got you "a" Natty. Enjoy it. For real LSU fans need to enjoy this year. Outstanding victory for y'all. I'm not joking in the slightest.
But....don't think for a moment y'all are nothing more than a one hit wonder.

Jan 16, 2020, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Man, everybody's leaving LSU... ]

Lol, because they are likely a one and done. Don't preach to me about recruiting classes... You've had years worth of them, and did exactly what with that while Clemson has been playing in the playoffs the last 5 years up until this year?? Lose to Bama all the time? 29-0 was only a year ago.

Fact is, Brady is a big reason that offense went from what everybody (don't care what conference fans you talk to... Everybody not LSU) knew had been an anemic offense to bring that 1 yr Juggernaut. And now he's gone. Rumors are already flying about Aranda and Baylor too... That happens, that's an entire overhaul on both sides.... And you think that'll be easy to replicate with that overhaul and without all those players??

Yeah, good luck convincing anyone but your own fan base. But we'll make sure we wave at you next year as we drive by in the ROY bus to the playoffs.... Again.

Jan 16, 2020, 12:49 PM

Oh, and btw, Notre Dame (which we all know will be ranked) is on our schedule this coming year...FYI.

Jan 16, 2020, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Man, everybody's leaving LSU... ]

@CaryNCLSUTiger "ok back to the OP's point, you folks do realize that LSU puts the most players in the NFL? Look it up...yes more than the great almighty Alabama who has raked in 7 straight #1 recruiting classes."

Not sure where you get your information or how old it is, but it is incorrect. See latest figures on NFL Players for 2019. This is from the NCAA:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2019-09-03/colleges-most-represented-2019-nfl-rosters

Also see link for most Draft Picks by College over the last 10 years.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/list/nfl-draft-picks-by-college-top-15-programs-since-2010-alabama-lsu-florida-state-oklahoma-ohio-state/1tp8py9hhqs6k1ah71o4ekq0t5

Jan 16, 2020, 8:41 AM

They got some cash from OBJ and they have to go spend it...this is Lousyana and you don't just get it...first it was fake money...then it's real money...now LSU, SEC, and NCAA are going to investigate it...just like Florida State investigates rape...it will be a sweep it under a rug...control the flak and have a good day! Everyone knows about OBJ and what he stands for so why is it a surprise to anyone...Burrito was honest and they will probably try to lynch him as well...after he threw the big cat 'under the bus'...lets never mind honesty! Wanna take any bets on the SEC or NCAA doing anything to LSU!

next year, I guess Orgeron will be saying....

Jan 16, 2020, 8:54 AM

"Gone Tigers!" ;)

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 9:46 AM

Love 'em and leave 'em. :)

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic