Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let me ask a question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Let me ask a question

Dec 14, 2020, 5:42 PM

And also make a couple of assumptions.

Assumption #1 - Chad Morris is shown the door by the new head coach
Assumption #2 - Tony Elliott accepts a head coaching job in the off season.

Question - Does Dabo bring Morris back to Clemson?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let me ask a question

Dec 14, 2020, 5:49 PM

Actually a really great question under this scenario.

My guess is if TE leaves, Dabo promotes Streeter to OC. I could also see a scenario where Morris returns and he and Streeter are co-coordinators to get Streeter some experience as OC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Dec 14, 2020, 5:54 PM

Streeter has experience as OC, he was one before he came back
to Clemson. None of the above will happen because Auburn is
looking in a different direction than a inexperienced HC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2020, 5:56 PM

Sounds nice, but the OP mentioned nothing about TE going to Auburn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Malzahn takes TE's place***

Dec 14, 2020, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Let me ask a question ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2020, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Let me ask a question ]

Don't see us going backwards like that. IF TE leaves, I would see Streeter as the most likely, but I'd also figure Willy Korn is an option. He's had a nice year for Coastal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2020, 6:37 PM

I think since the officials have slowed played offenses, Morris' scheme is obsolete.

Dec 14, 2020, 9:24 PM

No chance that Morris is rehired. From the time Morris stepped on campus, it felt like he had "wandering eyes" - always looking for the next opportunity. That's not what Swinney is looking for and not what embodies the culture that is promoted inside the program and on the recruiting trail ("all in" + "bloom where you are planted"). His experience was needed at the time Swinney was trying to implement his vision, but not so much anymore.

Beyond that, I don't think that Morris is that great an OC. He certainly hasn't set the world on fire since leaving Clemson & his time at Clemson had its share of head-scratchers. Anyone remember the Sammy Watkins pass (intercepted) at SoCar after Clemson had been running down their throats?!

First, I don't think Tony is going anywhere. But if he did (or when he does), my guess is that Swinney would go with someone that is familiar to him & someone that is ready to take the next step up (i.e., not a "proven" OC). Whether that is someone inside the program or outside the program is the question for me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic